OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Yeah it’s looking like it might get uncomfortably close to you all.
We are in day 3 of a very soggy pattern and it is supposed to stay like this all week so when you add that plus what we've seen over the summer we are very vulnerable even if it doesn't make landfall. A couple gusts of wind and trees will fall since they all still have full canopies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I'm praying it misses us. I had to order a new generator, I can't wrangle the big portable one (neither can anybody else) out of the basement so I'm getting a permanent one. It is just big enough to power the heating system and the office (same as the old one) but it will be permanently installed & covered from the elements. Push button start & I bought a battery charger so I don't have to worry about the battery dying.
My electrician said he's got one I can borrow if it doesn't come in time. He's a great kid, I was one of his first customers & he's never forgotten that.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
We are in the cone from Cape Ann to Boston to the Cape and Islands and it includes parts of eastern Rhose Island.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I got this giant potato in a bag of potatoes.

It weighs 1 lb, 11.2 ounces
IMG_6198.jpeg
IMG_6197.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
When my mom passed, I ended up with all of her jewelry, as the only daughter. One piece was a small, plain diamond ring (not her engagement ring, honestly I don't remember the occasion for this one). Anyway, I decided to wear it yesterday.

After I had been at work a while, I realized it had fallen off. :eek3: So of course I looked everywhere, asked people at work to be on the lookout, looked all through the parking lot, out by my car, in my car.... everywhere. Nothing.

Figured it was gone.

This morning I backed into my spot at work. Got my stuff together, opened the door, looked down, and......
20230912_075055.jpg

:dd:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Meterologists are currently in a pissing match about which model is best/most accurate. Bottom line, just be prepared if you live in New England and Atlantic Canada.

We don't need anymore rain but I'm most concerned about the wind. It won't take much to topple trees. I'm surrounded by them so I am prepared to be without power and will fill up my gas tank later this week as I suspect some road closures due to tree and line damage.

The city took care of trimming the living trees last fall into spring but left the dead ones alone and those are the ones that are closest to the parkway I live off of.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I've been very critical of Eversource but they've done a good job of cutting trees away from power lines in our area. Of course there were some idiot property owners who wouldn't give them permission to cut. I wasn't one of them. I told the rep to cut as many as necessary. I said "I like trees but I like having electricity better" and he laughed.

Reactions: Alicat

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
When my mom passed, I ended up with all of her jewelry, as the only daughter. One piece was a small, plain diamond ring (not her engagement ring, honestly I don't remember the occasion for this one). Anyway, I decided to wear it yesterday.

After I had been at work a while, I realized it had fallen off. :eek3: So of course I looked everywhere, asked people at work to be on the lookout, looked all through the parking lot, out by my car, in my car.... everywhere. Nothing.

Figured it was gone.

This morning I backed into my spot at work. Got my stuff together, opened the door, looked down, and......
View attachment 742478

:dd:
Momma made sure you found it :)

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I've been very critical of Eversource but they've done a good job of cutting trees away from power lines in our area. Of course there were some idiot property owners who wouldn't give them permission to cut. I wasn't one of them. I told the rep to cut as many as necessary. I said "I like trees but I like having electricity better" and he laughed.
I am thrilled at the work the city did with the trees that are alive but they need to focus on removing the compromised trees close to the road. Some of the more dangerous branches are from trees on private property and like you, property owners said no to removing the limbs.

I am keeping my fingers crossed

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I am thrilled at the work the city did with the trees that are alive but they need to focus on removing the compromised trees close to the road. Some of the more dangerous branches are from trees on private property and like you, property owners said no to removing the limbs.

I am keeping my fingers crossed

Eversource did both live & dead trees, their criteria apparently was proximity to line/transformer. Some of the dead trees looked alive but once cut down you could see the rot inside. We have a lot of dead trees around here thanks to gypsy moth infestation.

Reactions: Alicat

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Meterologists are currently in a pissing match about which model is best/most accurate. Bottom line, just be prepared if you live in New England and Atlantic Canada.

We don't need anymore rain but I'm most concerned about the wind. It won't take much to topple trees. I'm surrounded by them so I am prepared to be without power and will fill up my gas tank later this week as I suspect some road closures due to tree and line damage.

The city took care of trimming the living trees last fall into spring but left the dead ones alone and those are the ones that are closest to the parkway I live off of.
hopefully no rain. leominster is close by and any more signifigant rain the next week could be ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad