OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Trip was fun.
Except the Bride came home with Covid. So I will still be sporadic for a bit. Just taking care of her and waiting for my turn.
Been 3 years so I suppose its way past due anyway.
Hope she's well on the road to recovery! 7 billion + have either gotten it or will at some time in the near future and with natural or vaccine related antibodies, we should all be in a better spot than in the first days.

At least you didn't get stranded in some quarantine situation as so many did when this first came out. Heck if this were the 70's and that's the only thing you ended up bringing back from a trip to FLA you would probably count yourself among the lucky! ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: Gee Wally

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Trip was fun.
Except the Bride came home with Covid. So I will still be sporadic for a bit. Just taking care of her and waiting for my turn.
Been 3 years so I suppose its way past due anyway.
I hope she recovers quickly and that you get a mild case since I doubt you will avoid it. I am glad the trip was fun!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. When does liking someone a lot transition to loving someone?
2. Is there a job you'd do for free? Is it your current job?
3. Though you might not believe in it, would you like fate to exist?
4. What's the kindest thing that anyone has ever done for you?
5. Where are you sitting right now? Name three things you can see.

1. No clue, it just happens.
2. Historian, librarian or astronaut.
3. I wouldn't call it fate as I believe God has a plan for everyone. It might not be your plan but He's got one for you anyway!
4. Ever since I had to go on crutches I've had a lot of strangers offer to help me whether it's holding a door, carrying a package to my truck etc. I've always said there are more good people out there than bad people & it's been wonderful to have my theory confirmed.
5. Sitting in my office. I can see the telephone, the monitor & a pile of keys.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. I have no idea. Not sure I have really ever been in "love" . I have major trust issues.

2. I am retired, and I like that fine. Actually, I am quite bored. Once I get all of my arthritis pain under control, I may look for something to do.

3.Maybe. Sometimes it seems real but not always.

4. Lots of little things. I am not good at asking for help in any way. Both of my sisters have done nice things for me.

5. I am on my couch with Pippin sleeping on one side of me and Luna on the other. I can see out in the back yard. It has woods behind it and there are birds and squirrels snacking on the peanuts I put out for them.

• Love
Reactions: caz16 and NeelyDan

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
1. I don't know that liking someone transitions into loving someone very often. Then again I have not met my forever match and have issues, surprise surprise.
2. I would announce most sports, particularly hockey, for nothing.. It was my initial ambition.
3. I am a Christian, and even a bit of a Calvinist, but I also believe that free will can change the big things and sometimes does. I am fine with that.
4. Many people have done many kind things for me and they continue to. I can't pick just one.
5. I am lying on my bed, looking at HF and my walls and windows.

Reactions: NeelyDan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. It's a matter of action and sacrificing things to do things for them out of obligation.
2. Who's going to pay my mortgage and buy groceries if I'm working for free?
3. Nah, it's free will. Leaving in a theological possibility for miracles here and there, but they're the exception and not the norm, we were given this realm to see free will play out. I wouldn't want to be a determinist pawn in a big cosmic chess game anyway.
4. I don't know exactly. My grandfather lent me money once when I was younger and when I tried to pay him back he refused to take it.
5. I'm sitting in a booth at a Wendy's chilling on a Saturday afternoon after eating baconator fries. I see trees out the window, my tray, and my sunglasses on the table

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
1. It's a matter of action and sacrificing things to do things for them out of obligation.
2. Who's going to pay my mortgage and buy groceries if I'm working for free?
3. Nah, it's free will. Leaving in a theological possibility for miracles here and there, but they're the exception and not the norm, we were given this realm to see free will play out. I wouldn't want to be a determinist pawn in a big cosmic chess game anyway.
4. I don't know exactly. My grandfather lent me money once when I was younger and when I tried to pay him back he refused to take it.
5. I'm sitting in a booth at a Wendy's chilling on a Saturday afternoon after eating baconator fries. I see trees out the window, my tray, and my sunglasses on the table
“We were given this realm to see free will play out”

I love this. Also, it’s playing out horrifically.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

beats me. I just knew at the time. 45 years ago.

I doubt it. I worked full time 49 years. Ive had it.

I hope there is something.

Im the luckiest guy in the world. Many people have been kind to me when I needed it most.
Giving me shelter when my house burned as a kid. Nancy marrying me. Nurses that have taken care of me. My son Connor at 6 years old spending all his school fair money on a raffle tickets. He won me a Marius Czerkaski signed puck. I still have it.

my tv. A turkey sandwich. Sleeping dog.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

beats me. I just knew at the time. 45 years ago.

I doubt it. I worked full time 49 years. Ive had it.

I hope there is something.

Im the luckiest guy in the world. Many people have been kind to me when I needed it most.
Giving me shelter when my house burned as a kid. Nancy marrying me. Nurses that have taken care of me. My son Connor at 6 years old spending all his school fair money on a raffle tickets. He won me a Marius Czerkaski signed puck. I still have it.

my tv. A turkey sandwich. Sleeping dog.

Wally I have endless respect for you as a human being. Your goodness shines through in nearly every interaction you have with the world that I see.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wally I have endless respect for you as a human being. Your goodness shines through in nearly every interaction you have with the world that I see.
This is so true.

appreciate the kind words. But I can be a real prick too. As some here would say so.

c'est la vie
I have been here 16 years and haven't seen it....unless they deserve it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
i really wish they would have told me just how sore my hip and groin were going to be after the injection. I really wish I could just sit in a cold tub for 20 minutes because the ice I have just isn’t enough. It will all be worth it bc I’m fairly confident the doctor got the right spot.

Reactions: BMC

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

A day late, but I’ve been doing these and don’t want to end my streak.

1. Not sure you can pinpoint it. You just know it.

2a. Yes. I would gleefully discharge the powers and duties of Supreme Galactic Overlord for free.

2b. Not even close to my current occupation.

3. My thoughts on this are too voluminous to type here. Sorry.

4. My mother gave birth to me. I am forever grateful and indebted.

5. My left hand. My right hand. And my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad