OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I am a recovering chocoholic. It's by far my favorite flavor. When I was a kid I was hooked on Cocoa Puffs and Cocoa Pebbles. I love Cadbury, Ghirardelli, Hershey's. I don't like mint chocolate though.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I am a recovering chocoholic. It's by far my favorite flavor. When I was a kid I was hooked on Cocoa Puffs and Cocoa Pebbles. I love Cadbury, Ghirardelli, Hershey's. I don't like mint chocolate though.
Stracciatella white Lindts.... or fudge from the Ye Olde Pepper House in Massachusetts.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
While my daughter is off on her honeymoon in Norway for 12 days, I volunteered to take care of their 3 cats. I am not a cat person, I like them but have never owned any. I find it so sad because they are very depressed, missing their owners. I mean, look at these faces!
I have to give one heart medication, so that is fun, but I have managed for 4 days now.

BTW, they said they will pay me in chocolate, they know me so well! I have never had Norwegian chocolate, so it will be a first for me!View attachment 747009View attachment 747008
View attachment 747007
Aw very sweet

I get my SI joint injection tomorrow. I am hopefull that this is going to work and I'll be able to move pain free in a few weeks.
Let me know. I got one in my right SI joint last Dec and it did not help at all.

Next time I see my surgeon (who did my left hip) I am going to ask her if I should try another injection in the SI as it is really bothering me.

GOOD LUCK !

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Aw very sweet

Let me know. I got one in my right SI joint last Dec and it did not help at all.

Next time I see my surgeon (who did my left hip) I am going to ask her if I should try another injection in the SI as it is really bothering me.

GOOD LUCK !
Thanks! I will let you know! I am really hoping it works

Reactions: Ladyfan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Extra cuddles with my Muffy girl right now. She definitely misses her brother, but is doing pretty well considering. She looks for him in the yard and house, but I think deep down unbeknownst to us, she knew he was sick.

She gets all the attention now (and the cat).
I think she's enjoying it.
20230928_162443.jpg

20230928_162516.jpg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am a full blown chocoholic. I eat it every day but am not overweight. Moderation, somehow I can control how much I have. I hoard it though, I have a chocolate cupboard in the basement. I love Lindt, Cadbury (UK), and several local chocolatiers. I am so easy to buy for...chocolate and Bruins stuff.

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Just when you think the T can't possibly get worse....

The long-awaited, $2.3 billion Green Line extension, which opened last year to celebration from Somerville and Medford, has always had narrow tracks, the MBTA said Wednesday. But they have somehow dangerously narrowed more in recent months, forcing safety slowdowns, and the T isn’t saying why.

The T declined to explain why the project was built with narrow tracks or why such serious problems are happening so soon after it opened — at some points now, trains can only safely go 3 miles per hour — or who was responsible.

The oddness of the significant slowdown on the T’s newest stretch left just about everyone scratching their heads Wednesday, including the mayors of Boston, Somerville, and Medford; engineers; riders; and Governor Maura Healey.

Healey said the major question is “how these defects can be possible after only a year in service.”

I'll say this. The MBTA gets an A+ for consistency.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
There's no allegedly to it. Especially Belgian chocolate. If there was a drool emoji, this would be the post to add it to.

It's true. American chocolate is mostly too sugary, and, for lack of a better word, not smooth enough. There's some very good chocolate made in Australia, especially if you buy the more artisanal stuff or from small producers, but the Euros do it best, no question. Especially the Belgians and Swiss.

The Belgians excel at four things in the food world - chocolate, beer, waffles and fries. I don't know how any of them stay thin. I once spent a glorious but ludicrously unhealthy week there and that was a calorie overload in itself!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It's true. American chocolate is mostly too sugary, and, for lack of a better word, not smooth enough. There's some very good chocolate made in Australia, especially if you buy the more artisanal stuff or from small producers, but the Euros do it best, no question. Especially the Belgians and Swiss.

The Belgians excel at four things in the food world - chocolate, beer, waffles and fries. I don't know how any of them stay thin. I once spent a glorious but ludicrously unhealthy week there and that was a calorie overload in itself!
The difference between Cadbury's chocolate made in the UK and Cadbury's chocolate in Canada is huge. Hershey's is also different depending on if it is made in the US or Canada. Same brands taste different. European chocolate is superior, no doubt at all, Swiss and Belgian chcolate is at the top though. Lindt discovered the secret to making the very best chocolate. Spies found the secrets. Chocolate history is fascinating.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Two Belgian beers everyone should at least try: Leffe and Chimay. Both brewed in Abbeys by monks. At least Leffe used to be, not sure it still is. And here's a culinary oddity from my own history - the very first time I had even heard of a gyro was when I was in Brussels for a track and field competition when I was 17. To be honest, it was probably the first thing even close to Greek food I'd ever had in my life. One thing I'll never get used to though is Europeans' predilection for eating their fries with mayonnaise.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Two Belgian beers everyone should at least try: Leffe and Chimay. Both brewed in Abbeys by monks. At least Leffe used to be, not sure it still is. And here's a culinary oddity from my own history - the very first time I had even heard of a gyro was when I was in Brussels for a track and field competition when I was 17. To be honest, it was probably the first thing even close to Greek food I'd ever had in my life. One thing I'll never get used to though is Europeans' predilection for eating their fries with mayonnaise.

As a proud Belgian, I totally agree :laugh:

However, it's actually tasty! Andalouse sauce is really good. My late Aunt used to bring some over whenever she visited. Took me a minute to like the taste. I haven't had some in over a decade, but I can remember the smell!

Reactions: caz16

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Leffe Blond is good shit.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I've had Leffe but not Chimay. Leffe Brune I particularly like. Some of the best beer and wine in Europe was invented and made by monks. Those guys had spare time on their hands and some put it to good use!

Fries with Belgian mayo are the best. Twice-cooked in beef fat, served in a paper cone, and covered with mayo. Doesn't get any better than that. I know mayonnaise can be divisive but the proper Belgian stuff is a whole different ball game.

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
If you haven't tried Chimay and can find it, try the blue label variety. If you like Leffe Blond, then the Chimay Gold may also be a good choice.
Ok, here I go....I hate beer and to me it all tastes the same....lol Give me a piece of chocolate and I can probably tell you where it was made, where the cocoa beans were grown and when it was made and the names of the employees ;)

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
isnt la fin du monde a beligian beer? I love that stuff. tastes really good and never get a hangover from it. think the brewing company is unibroue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad