OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
that ain’t happening. Disney that is. Cause Im at Universal. :D
Hanging out with the Minions. They make me laugh.

My daughter had the shirt made for me.

Tomorrow night Haunted Happenings. Special passes. Im already nervous. My understanding is they arent allowed to touch you. Which is good . For them too.

View attachment 746473
You look spectacular!!!! The vibes are tremendous.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Here is my experience with the iPhone15 Pro Max and Apple Watch 9 after one full day. ( Xfinity lets me upgrade every 12 months )

The iCloud backup system was flawless and the eSIM transferred flawlessly. The 15 is much lighter and it charges quickly using the new USB-C option. I don't need a new case as the 15 and 14 are pretty much the same size.

The camera honestly astounds me, especially on the video side.

The Apple vs Android battle really comes down to personal preference and the one thing Apple excels at is any app in their store is unlikely to cause a problem - That is NOT the case with Google Play.

Why use Xfinity as a mobile provider? The reality is IF you also use Xfinity at home for internet/cable it is a good price.

As far as the Apple Watch 9 goes the display is better. My cardiologist who has won a 'Best of Boston' award told me the Apple Watch saves lives.

BTW I am not an Apple zealot as I still use a Windows based laptop.

I thought the 2004 T-Mobile Sidekick was the perfect phone.......

1695800152321.png

oops

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
that ain’t happening. Disney that is. Cause Im at Universal. :D
Hanging out with the Minions. They make me laugh.

My daughter had the shirt made for me.

Tomorrow night Haunted Happenings. Special passes. Im already nervous. My understanding is they arent allowed to touch you. Which is good . For them too.

View attachment 746473
Awesome! Thanks for humoring me!
Hope you and your bride are having a blast!

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Welp, what an adventure. Flight was late getting into Worcester due to weather.
Then, get this, doesnt have enough fuel to make it to Orlando. “Only locally”. I shit you not.

JB looks for help since Worcester delivery wont be for another day or two.

Boston Logan says f*** off. So dies both NY airports.

Finally Bradley in CT says we can spare some. So off we go like beggars in the night.
Original ‘non stop’ flight was supposed to be 2.75 hours. Instead was 8.5.

Instead of landing at 6:30 . We finally got here at 11:30. Pm.

View attachment 746005
Well at least they told you that before you were in flight! Sucks and a joke of an operation where they can't get the extra fuel for the initial route.

Over the years I've had 2 instances where we were in emergency reroute because of local storms where the plane needed to land in urgence at another airport because of lack of fuel to wait it out until the storms passed. This on short haul flights over Europe but the first time you hear on the intercom: "All flight attendants, take seating immediately, we are rerouting due to critical fuel situation to Nice international and expect arrival in 25 minutes with pre-approved runway slot"... you pucker up pretty good and look for the phone to send out the what if last messages to wife and children just in case. 2nd time is easier but that first time, well not fun at all...

• Wow
Reactions: BMC and Gee Wally

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
I went to see my surgeon today. I have lost 14.5 pounds since my last appointment in August. He was very pleased with my progress and will perform the surgery on November 7. To say I am relieved is an understatement.On October 4 I have an appointment with the physical therapist- apparently there are some exercises I have to do to strengthen the area around the socket prior to the operation
That's awesome BMC and really happy for you! Amazing progress and keep it going - you're going to feel like a different person when this ordeal is sorted!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That's awesome BMC and really happy for you! Amazing progress and keep it going - you're going to feel like a different person when this ordeal is sorted!

Thank you!

I certainly hope so. In the past I've experienced severe back pain and I never thought anything could be worse. I was wrong. Bone on bone pain is much worse and the thing is you can't get away from it, it's constant. I've got a muscle relaxer and I take that w/ aspirin or Advil. That takes the edge off of the pain except when it is chilly or damp, nothing works then. :wally:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
May I ask why?

I'm guessing Kovi would say that a fireplace is therapeutic and comforting, and it is. I love a fireplace the way most people love the beach. Autumn for me!

Depends on the part of the home it's in. It's auspicious in the Southwest corner, for sure.

The rule is always....function and safety before beauty. same...The mother and the father have to protect the child (classical approach)

Reactions: GordonHowe and BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Just when you think the T can't possibly get worse....

The long-awaited, $2.3 billion Green Line extension, which opened last year to celebration from Somerville and Medford, has always had narrow tracks, the MBTA said Wednesday. But they have somehow dangerously narrowed more in recent months, forcing safety slowdowns, and the T isn’t saying why.

The T declined to explain why the project was built with narrow tracks or why such serious problems are happening so soon after it opened — at some points now, trains can only safely go 3 miles per hour — or who was responsible.

The oddness of the significant slowdown on the T’s newest stretch left just about everyone scratching their heads Wednesday, including the mayors of Boston, Somerville, and Medford; engineers; riders; and Governor Maura Healey.

Healey said the major question is “how these defects can be possible after only a year in service.”

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Got this email from the apartment office:

"Our office has received communication that food such as bread, cake and cookies are being left out for animals. While we enjoy nature as much as the next person, the food is attracting skunks, opossums, and raccoons which can be dangerous to people and their pets.
To ensure our community remains enjoyable to everyone, please do not leave food out and tie up trash bags. We appreciate your residency and attention to this matter."

:help:

Hopefully not around my building.... we have enough issues with birds flying up and nesting in the stairways and pooping in the breezeway.

If I wanted to live with wildlife I'd go camping.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
While my daughter is off on her honeymoon in Norway for 12 days, I volunteered to take care of their 3 cats. I am not a cat person, I like them but have never owned any. I find it so sad because they are very depressed, missing their owners. I mean, look at these faces!
I have to give one heart medication, so that is fun, but I have managed for 4 days now.

BTW, they said they will pay me in chocolate, they know me so well! I have never had Norwegian chocolate, so it will be a first for me!
1695926235727.jpeg
1695926222289.jpeg

1695926194998.jpeg

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
While my daughter is off on her honeymoon in Norway for 12 days, I volunteered to take care of their 3 cats. I am not a cat person, I like them but have never owned any. I find it so sad because they are very depressed, missing their owners. I mean, look at these faces!
I have to give one heart medication, so that is fun, but I have managed for 4 days now.

BTW, they said they will pay me in chocolate, they know me so well! I have never had Norwegian chocolate, so it will be a first for me!View attachment 747009View attachment 747008
View attachment 747007
Do not let them fool you!!!! Cats are so sneaky--they are just looking for sympathy, pets and treats.

and I think you brokered a good deal with your payment option :)

• Love
Reactions: caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

BTW, they said they will pay me in chocolate, they know me so well! I have never had Norwegian chocolate, so it will be a first for me!View attachment 747009View attachment 747008
View attachment 747007

They're beautiful especially the gingers. I have a very soft spot for ginger cats.

• Love
Reactions: caz16

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
When I was in HS my longtime friend's parents took the neighbor's lab for a week while they were on vacation. Long story short the dog passed away while the neighbors were gone and my friend's family didn't tell the neighbor's about it while they were gone because they didn't want to ruin their vacation. They never really got over it after the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad