OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
The wedding was joyous! We had so much fun and everyone was wonderful. The weather was perfect and the T-Rex was a hit! So much happiness, joy and love. Honestly, the best wedding in my lifetime. I am so happy!

Katie, my daughter, doing her best acting when T-rex crashes the party....lmao!

1695563398139.jpeg

1695563469665.jpeg
1695563645585.jpeg

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. What are your thoughts on the sport of hunting?
2. What type of phone do you use?
3. Got a favourite cartoon? What is it?
4. Hey, look - the OT - NO POLITICS crowd is getting together for a game of monopoly! What game piece are you choosing?
5. Confess the worst fashion trend you've ever succumbed to

Bonus picture question: take a photo of what's in front of you RIGHT NOW, and post it for us.
Okay I’m late, but this is a cool idea.

1. Happy for those who dig it, but not for me. No desire to kill an animal, I don't eat them and I find the entire thing unneeded. I don't judge those enjoy it, but 500 miles away from something I'd ever engage in.

2. Apples phone. 14 something or other. It's purple. I like it, but I'm not tribal. Pros/cons to whatever format you choose.

3. So many! But my favourite television program of all time is Samurai Jack. For those who haven't seen it, Tartakovsky's "Primal" is absolutely stellar storytelling as well. Not appropriate for children.

4. I don't know. What's the stupidest one? The thimble? There's a hat, there's a shoe, there's a car. All I can remember. Thimble. Thimble is dumb.

5. Sorry but never been a fashion trend follower. I don't have a regret in this particular avenue of life. Countless other regrets however.

• Love
Reactions: NeelyDan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I dont want this to get lost because it's important.
If you watch the stories told by Dan Carcillo and Nick Boyton it's heartbreaking. But the protocols they have been a part of show incredible results. I recently read an article where Nick was interviewed and I cried all the way through it. (theyve both faced a lot of backlash from their stories.)
Steve Montador's family has been very vocal about this as well.
There's a Netflix documentary as well, but I cant remember the name.

I'm not sure what the answer is, but I know it's one topic to keep on the radar.

Dani Probert,

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Welp, what an adventure. Flight was late getting into Worcester due to weather.
Then, get this, doesnt have enough fuel to make it to Orlando. “Only locally”. I shit you not.

JB looks for help since Worcester delivery wont be for another day or two.

Boston Logan says f*** off. So dies both NY airports.

Finally Bradley in CT says we can spare some. So off we go like beggars in the night.
Original ‘non stop’ flight was supposed to be 2.75 hours. Instead was 8.5.

Instead of landing at 6:30 . We finally got here at 11:30. Pm.

IMG_0976.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Then, get this, doesnt have enough fuel to make it to Orlando. “Only locally”. I shit you not.

Finally Bradley in CT says we can spare some. So off we go like beggars in the night.

View attachment 746005
And they'll drag their feet on giving any compensation hoping you'll just give up and accept it.

Jetblue is still better than United though. I never have anything but trouble from United.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

View attachment 746005
This is well past acceptable. Stay on them for proper compensation.

Glad you got there safe and sound and I hope you have a great time with the bride.

Reactions: caz16

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
When does it become acceptable to turn the heat on?

My apartment has zero insulation and is a moisture trap so the humidity is making it feel much colder than it is.

I’ve got a fleece blanket on my lap and I pulled out my leg warmers and am still cold.

• Wow
Reactions: Fenway and caz16

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

View attachment 746005
@Gee Wally - could have been worse

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The end of that series left me vacant.
You and me both. I refuse to accept no Jared and Michaela. And Olive and TJ? Oh that broke my heart.

It left me wanting much, much more. I know the creator has a spinoff in his head. He's been vocal about it. I'm just glad Netflix listened to us fans for a final season. But man, did I have some thoughts!!

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
You and me both. I refuse to accept no Jared and Michaela. And Olive and TJ? Oh that broke my heart.

It left me wanting much, much more. I know the creator has a spinoff in his head. He's been vocal about it. I'm just glad Netflix listened to us fans for a final season. But man, did I have some thoughts!!
I totally thought they mailed it in in a paper mache 7th grade Science project kind of way.
I wanted cosmic congruency and brilliance. We got bleh...

I felt similarly at the end of Blacklist--but i understood the reason for the "tragic every man" romanticized final.

Reactions: Mione134

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

My apartment has zero insulation and is a moisture trap so the humidity is making it feel much colder than it is.

I’ve got a fleece blanket on my lap and I pulled out my leg warmers and am still cold.
I have a little electric heater in the living room, and it is on....it is not my heating system so does that count? I get cold easier now that I am older. It is because it is so damp.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I turned mine on Friday. I'll be damned if I'll put up with chill/damp if I don't have to.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I turned mine on Friday. I'll be damned if I'll put up with chill/damp if I don't have to.
I cranked it to 75 and let it run a few cycles and now it is nice and comfy and most important, dry.

I have a little electric heater in the living room, and it is on....it is not my heating system so does that count? I get cold easier now that I am older. It is because it is so damp.
You're good :) Can't have space heaters here. Explicitly against the lease

Reactions: Ladyfan and BMC

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I totally thought they mailed it in in a paper mache 7th grade Science project kind of way.
I wanted cosmic congruency and brilliance. We got bleh...

I felt similarly at the end of Blacklist--but i understood the reason for the "tragic every man" romanticized final.

I agree with you on BOTH counts. I watched The Blacklist with my dad. I told him, when Liz left the show it's not going to end well.

I too understood the romanticized ending. Bull and all. But it fell so flat!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I went to see my surgeon today. I have lost 14.5 pounds since my last appointment in August. He was very pleased with my progress and will perform the surgery on November 7. To say I am relieved is an understatement.On October 4 I have an appointment with the physical therapist- apparently there are some exercises I have to do to strengthen the area around the socket prior to the operation

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I went to see my surgeon today. I have lost 14.5 pounds since my last appointment in August. He was very pleased with my progress and will perform the surgery on November 7. To say I am relieved is an understatement.On October 4 I have an appointment with the physical therapist- apparently there are some exercises I have to do to strengthen the area around the socket prior to the operation
Good for you Bets!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Those pre surgery exercises really help with the recovery!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad