OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. What are your thoughts on the sport of hunting?

Totally ok with it as long as I don't have to be watching the outcome.

2. What type of phone do you use?

Google Pixel 5

3. Got a favourite cartoon? What is it?

Merry Melodies gophers (and the tomato soup factory.)

4. Hey, look - the OT - NO POLITICS crowd is getting together for a game of monopoly! What game piece are you choosing?

Well Top Hat obviously
<---------------------------

5. Confess the worst fashion trend you've ever succumbed to

Limited shorts with black tights--all through college.

Bonus picture question: take a photo of what's in front of you RIGHT NOW, and post it for us.
Happy Friday!!

Attachments

• PXL_20230916_155931812.jpg
    PXL_20230916_155931812.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: NeelyDan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
This is absolutely shocking for my entire family. My father and sister are with him now. We're going to do the right thing and end his suffering...I can't believe I'm saying that.

My mother is devastated. My other dog is confused.

I just...this whole thing so suddenly. I feel numb. Completely and utterly numb.
Oh dear. I’m so sorry.
That’s how I lost Amity too.

My heart goes out to your family.

Reactions: Mione134 and BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Although I will say early 2000s on Nickelodeon was hard to beat. Great time with my kids.

Nickelodeon in the 90's was great. Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Clarissa Explains it All, Double Dare, GUTS and the last but not least, Legends of the Hidden Temple. Green Monkeys baby.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

4. Hey, look - the OT - NO POLITICS crowd is getting together for a game of monopoly! What game piece are you choosing?

Bonus picture question: take a photo of what's in front of you RIGHT NOW, and post it for us.
1. I personally do not care for it. Never hunted for anything in my life, and it just doesn’t appeal to me. I love to fish, but I ALWAYS throw them back. (I HATE fish! Yuck!)

2. A smart phone.

3. Looney Tunes by a mile. Still watch to this day.

4. The battleship is my favorite.

5. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever been fashion-conscious enough to really succumb to a “trend.”

1695403422912.jpeg

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

I like it, wish I did it more. Grilled Backstraps :heart:
old s10+ & iphone 12 (work)
Thats tough, spongebob, Rocko's modern life, rugrats, doug, TMNT - so many to think of i probably wouldnt have my fav figured out until next friday's five
Car. Always the car.
Do velcro wallets count
1695407463781.png

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. im fine with. i could never do it. just seemed boring to me.
2. android a20? 5 years old. cracks everywhere.
3.is bobs burgers considered a cartoon?
4.honestly never played it.
5.lemme think. honestly im just a flannel jeans guy or shorts and tshirt. but i think when i was younger i got the parachute pants.lol. and jamz.

20230922_143618.jpg

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Sorry to introduce a serious subject in a silly Friday thread, but if you're aware and concerned about CTE,

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. I like the idea of getting in nature, tracking animals, etc., but I'm too much of an animal lover and would never kill one. Maybe I'd go out and shoot photographs of deer or moose that way instead of shooting bullets. Never have though.

2. Samsung Galaxy A51. It's done the job for 3 or 4 years now, but getting older. And nothing fancy. I may upgrade on black Friday or early next year, but that remains to be seen.

3. Simpsons seasons 1-8 are my frame of reference for humor. But since then, South Park has probably been the best.

4. The little dog of course.

5. I've never been much of a trend hopper. But before I really understood how to match colors and such i probably had some poor outfits in college. Also, tried long hair during covid, not really worth the effort. Though I wish I tried it when I was younger and could get away with it more.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I gained a daughter in law on Monday. The real wedding celebration is tomorrow. We set up the tent, etc. in our backyard today. We have a badminton set, bocce ball and other games ready. The cake blew me away, this pic doesn't do it justice. It sparkles like diamonds. This is the most fun I have had planning or attending a wedding. One of their friends from Salem MA is wearing a Bruins jersey, we have a t-rex too. It is going to be a blast.
1695416145625.jpeg

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. Don't mind it, but won't do it myself. Had a landlord in PA who used to leave plates of food on my porch. I'd eat it first, then let him tell me what it was. That's how I learned I like squirrel.

2. Galaxy S20

3. Original Scooby-Doo.

4. Race Car

5. Parachute pants.

No picture. You'd see what I'm working on, then I'd have to kill you. ;)

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. I'm all for it, as long as you eat what you kill. I grew up as an avid hunter. Turkey, Deer, Pheasant, Dove, Quail etc. Now its just the occasional Pheasant hunt in ND. In my opinion, there's nothing better than hunting with a well trained dog. I'm totally against trophy hunting.

2. iPhone. That's what my company gave me and I've never had a reason to change.

3. When I was really young, it was Speed Racer. Nowadays, its South Park. That's a cartoon, right?

4. The Thimble. Always the Thimble

5. None. I've never really followed fashion trends. I wear what I like and it drives my wife nuts. However, my mother subjected me to numerous fashion horrors for which I have forgiven her….

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
addendum to my post above....The only time I ever shot an animal that I didn't eat, were gophers. When I was a kid, I'd spend my summers in North Dakota working on my uncle's dairy farm. He had pastures infested with gophers, and the cattle would sometimes step in a hole and come up lame.

My grandfather would pay me 5 cents a tail for every gopher I got....and he made me bring him the tails. He had a great little Remington bolt action .22 rifle and that's how I learned to shoot.

Last edited:

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Hunting: Learned to shoot but never to hunt. Bring it on though.
Phone Lg 4g. If my health lets me, getting a new one. One of several small appliances I need.
Cartoon: Looney tunes and a fondness for Tex Avery and Droopy dog.
Race car, almost always
Fashion trend: When I was in middle school, corduroys. I just loved the way they mades noises when rubbing together NOT.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. Used to go pheasant hunting with my dad when I was a kid. Loved being outdoors. Great sport.
2. Samsung iPhone7. I still don't know how to work 75% of the stuff on it. :dunce:
3. Tie between Looney Tunes & Bullwinkle
4. The horse. I have no idea why but I always picked it.
5. Worst fashion trend: spiked haircut. Don't ask

E6A75D26-F619-435D-A527-BB63E000BC8A.jpeg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is absolutely shocking for my entire family. My father and sister are with him now. We're going to do the right thing and end his suffering...I can't believe I'm saying that.

My mother is devastated. My other dog is confused.

I just...this whole thing so suddenly. I feel numb. Completely and utterly numb.
I am so sorry

Reactions: Mione134

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

As an animal lover and having seen my share of irresponsible "hunters" over the years not for me. Anyone who thinks it is fun to shoot animals is not my kind of person.

I have a landline and cell. The cell sits in my purse and I use it when I am out of the house or for tickets for Bruins games.

Cartoons? not really into them.

the pup

My mother cut my hair when I was young. The bangs were too short and stuck straight up. I have straight hair and she use to give me perms...It did not work for me.

Reactions: NeelyDan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad