OT - NO POLITICS We’ve entered the ‘ber’ months

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is absolutely shocking for my entire family. My father and sister are with him now. We're going to do the right thing and end his suffering...I can't believe I'm saying that.

My mother is devastated. My other dog is confused.

I just...this whole thing so suddenly. I feel numb. Completely and utterly numb.
So sorry.

It's the right thing to do.

But that doesn't make it any easier.

*hugs*

• Love
Reactions: Mione134

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
This is absolutely shocking for my entire family. My father and sister are with him now. We're going to do the right thing and end his suffering...I can't believe I'm saying that.

My mother is devastated. My other dog is confused.

I just...this whole thing so suddenly. I feel numb. Completely and utterly numb.
So, so sorry to hear this. I wish there were words to make this better - I'd yell them so loud you'd hear me from across the country.

• Love

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Love all of you. I appreciate the kind words. I still feel numb. May you all get to experience the love that I got to experience with Louie. 5 wonderful years with him after his former owners didn't want him anymore 9 1/2 years old.

His brother and sister will miss him very much. He was everything you could of wanted in a companion. He was given to us, but he belonged here. He was family. He was a bit of an asshole, but he was our asshole.

He loved the
family. Especially my niece's and nephew. Especially my nephew...I don't know how to break the news to him. We used to say they were twins because they looked alike. He was everything.

I don't know what else to say but this hits hard in my family. We didn't expect this. And that's the worst. Please say a prayer as he crosses the Rainbow Bridge. He'll be met with siblings, Precious, Tiger, Benji, and Bailey Binx. I know they will welcome him with open arms.

hug your pets tonight. I'll be hugging my other dog and cat so hard

Screenshot_20230921_183640_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_184313_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_183955_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230921_185046_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230921_185123_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230921_184138_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230921_184159_Gallery.jpg

My heart is broken.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
Love all of you. I appreciate the kind words. I still feel numb. May you all get to experience the love that I got to experience with Louie. 5 wonderful years with him after his former owners didn't want him anymore 9 1/2 years old.

His brother and sister will miss him very much. He was everything you could of wanted in a companion. He was given to us, but he belonged here. He was family. He was a bit of an asshole, but he was our asshole.

He loved the
family. Especially my niece's and nephew. Especially my nephew...I don't know how to break the news to him. We used to say they were twins because they looked alike. He was everything.

I don't know what else to say but this hits hard in my family. We didn't expect this. And that's the worst. Please say a prayer as he crosses the Rainbow Bridge. He'll be met with siblings, Precious, Tiger, Benji, and Bailey Binx. I know they will welcome him with open arms.

View attachment 745008
View attachment 745009
View attachment 745010View attachment 745011View attachment 745012View attachment 745013View attachment 745014

My heart is broken.
Angel Day Blessings Louie....you are so loved.

• Love

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

He loved the

View attachment 745008
View attachment 745009
View attachment 745010View attachment 745011View attachment 745012View attachment 745013View attachment 745014

My heart is broken.
Sorry to hear the news.

We had to put our dog down in early July. He was a stray, showed up on our back porch one day. We took him to the shelter, no one claimed him. During that 10-day window, the kids begged us to adopt him. I thought we were making the biggest mistake of our lives when we took him in, and named him Mickey. Turns out I was dead wrong.

The pup was with us for 15 years. I hoped he'd be around until my youngest graduated high school. He stuck around until she finished her first year of grad school.

Me and my son took him for a walk nearly every night over the past 15 years. We were a staple of the neighborhood.

It took me about a month to get used to him not being around. I'd wake up and try to figure out where he had slept the night before, then would realize he was gone. He was the best.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I’m gutted on your behalf, @Mione134. About the only thing I can offer is being able to relate to my own Chibby’s dire condition. I’m here if you want to chat.
Appreciate that Dan. I'll probably reach out in the upcoming days. Right now it's just utter shock. My mind hasnt...accepted it yet.

❤️

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

He loved the

View attachment 745008
View attachment 745009

My heart is broken.
Loving fur friend, we ask for a graceful and loving transition as you depart from your family to be with your brave pack.
blessing stowed upon the family and for you @Mione134

• Love
Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Loving fur friend, we ask for a graceful and loving transition as you depart from your family to be with your brave pack.
blessing stowed upon the family and for you @Mione134
Thank you @Kovi

I needed that. I really did. My eyes hurt from crying. Hoping tomorrow is a better day. </3

Trying to go to sleep. Let's see if my insomnia gives me a break tonight. Lord knows I need it.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

He loved the

View attachment 745008
View attachment 745009

My heart is broken.
I am so sorry, what a beautiful pup. It is never easy, it hurts so bad to lose our beloved pets. They live such a short life compared to most of us. May she bound across the rainbow bridge and be greeted by all of those before her. Hugs to you and your family xoxoxo

1695374448600.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Mione134 and BMC

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. What are your thoughts on the sport of hunting?
2. What type of phone do you use?
3. Got a favourite cartoon? What is it?
4. Hey, look - the OT - NO POLITICS crowd is getting together for a game of monopoly! What game piece are you choosing?
5. Confess the worst fashion trend you've ever succumbed to

Bonus picture question: take a photo of what's in front of you RIGHT NOW, and post it for us.

• Haha
Reactions: PlayMakers

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
I really don't have words at this moment.

The vet said my dog is in kidney failure. My beloved Louie. I am shocked. Absolutely f***ing shocked. Destroyed. Emotionally broken.

I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.
I'm hurting for you.

I can feel your pain as we have just been through this acouple of weeks ago with my 11year old lab Teddy, my buddy, my best friend. I really hope they're waiting for us on the other side of that rainbow bridge for one more hug

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

its not for me.

iPhone

Rick and Morty

4. Hey, look - the OT - NO POLITICS crowd is getting together for a game of monopoly! What game piece are you choosing?

race car

Polyester suit , hey it was the ‘70s.

IMG_0975.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: caz16 and NeelyDan

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

Bonus picture question: take a photo of what's in front of you RIGHT NOW, and post it for us.

1. Killing for sustenance/consuming the animal I am fine with - though, could never actually do it myself. As I age, my appreciation for life in general grows - as a kid, I'd smash a bug for example. Today, I cannot make myself. Mosquitoes and flies are the only exception these days, but I suspect eventually they'll get a pass too.

2. An iPhone 14 pro - I keep falling for the marketing bullshit that is their camera, but the fact is the Samsung camera far eclipses in quality and were it not for my love of the iPhone '...' I'd have switched long ago.

3. Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats - this guy:

Heathcliff.JPG

4. I'm a top hat guy
5. Hmm...probably either cowboy boots in high school or frosted tips in college, lol

desktop.JPG

NeelyDan's Friday Five:

its not for me.

iPhone

Rick and Morty

race car

Polyester suit , hey it was the ‘70s.

View attachment 745151
what a lovely setup Wally, makes me feel soothed just looking at it

Reactions: Kovi and caz16

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1. Killing for sustenance/consuming the animal I am fine with - though, could never actually do it myself. As I age, my appreciation for life in general grows - as a kid, I'd smash a bug for example. Today, I cannot make myself. Mosquitoes and flies are the only exception these days, but I suspect eventually they'll get a pass too.

2. An iPhone 14 pro - I keep falling for the marketing bullshit that is their camera, but the fact is the Samsung camera far eclipses in quality and were it not for my love of the iPhone '...' I'd have switched long ago.

3. Heathcliff and the Catillac Cats - this guy:

View attachment 745153

4. I'm a top hat guy
5. Hmm...probably either cowboy boots in high school or frosted tips in college, lol

6. View attachment 745154

what a lovely setup Wally, makes me feel soothed just looking at it

thanks. But its all the Brides doing.

I just pay for it.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I am fine with hunting as a means to obtain food or as a method of poplulation control. Going out and hunting just for fun is not my cup of tea but I'm fine with it unless you're poaching or preying on endangered species.
2. What type of phone do you use? Iphone 12 Pro
3. Got a favourite cartoon? What is it? Care Bears
4. Hey, look - the OT - NO POLITICS crowd is getting together for a game of monopoly! What game piece are you choosing? Thimble. Sturdy with a little grit
5. Confess the worst fashion trend you've ever succumbed to. low rise jeans and the one that still haunts me today is pencil thin eyebrows. I have to use an eyebrow pencil to hide the areas that didn't grow back fully. Overwaxing was a big thing in the late 90's/early 2000's.

I need to clean my desk later. Yes, that is a giant mouse pad mat.

full

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

Yay!

1) I don't like it, could never do it, but if it is for eating, then okay.
2) Samsung Galaxy something or other
3) I have many but if I have to choose just one - The Flintstones
4) Always the dog.
5) Rocky Horror phase - see below (I'm on the left) - we saw the movie weekly for months. Yikes..lol Sort of goth before goth since this was late 70s.

1695396376798.png

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. I find it barbaric. I don't think it's a sport. It's cruel. If you are hunting for food, that's one thing. Eating and storing meat because you need it is one thing. Spending days out in the wild to hunt an animal so you can pose with it and mount it on your wall? No f***ing thank you.

2. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G.

3. Cartoon? Hmm...I have a lot. Does X-Men the animated series count? Love that! Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, The Jetsons, Daria, Pepper Ann, Hey Arnold, Recess, Doug...I could go on and on.

4. Timble or Top Hat.

5. Low rise jeans or blonde streaks in my hair. The early aughts were a tiiiiiiime.

Bonus picture question: my humidifier
20230922_113449.jpg

Extra point. Right next to the humidifier.
20230922_113526.jpg

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Yay!

1) I don't like it, could never do it, but if it is for eating, then okay.
2) Samsung Galaxy something or other
3) I have many but if I have to choose just one - The Flintstones
4) Always the dog.
5) Rocky Horror phase - see below (I'm on the left) - we saw the movie weekly for months. Yikes..lol Sort of goth before goth since this was late 70s.

View attachment 745176

POTY candidate lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad