OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. What do you actually need that you are not getting?
2. Why would we want to spend a Saturday with you?
3. Is sex in the shower overrated?
4. Baskin Robbins or Dairy Queen?
5. In light of it being Dec 1 - Christmas trees: cut your own down, grab one from a lot, or fake? Why?
1. I need a full time guru to teach me about the universe.

2. Well, we have a Bruins bar and it has a keg fridge and big screen TV. So, game on!
1701452546289.png

3. Yes, too slippery.

4. Dairy Queen but I bring my own Cadbury's Flake so I can make it a "99".

5. Fake tree, I have trouble with a live tree losing its life only to be tossed at the side of the road with shreds of tinsel hanging of it. Once loved, now just sad and dying.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

2. Well, we have a Bruins bar and it has a keg fridge and big screen TV. So, game on!View attachment 776222

3. Yes, too slippery.

5. Fake tree, I have trouble with a live tree losing its life only to be tossed at the side of the road with shreds of tinsel hanging of it. Once loved, now just sad and dying.

You may have just converted me to fake lol

• Love
Reactions: caz16

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

2. Well, we have a Bruins bar and it has a keg fridge and big screen TV. So, game on!View attachment 776222

3. Yes, too slippery.

the make-your-own 99 is a clutch move!

Reactions: caz16

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

5. In light of it being Dec 1 - Christmas trees: cut your own down, grab one from a lot, or fake? Why?
Time, I suppose. With those I love, those I lost, just time in general. This is too deep for the Friday Five

You wouldn't. By Saturday morning I am done. Overstimulated and worn out, grumpy for no reason. If my kids are with me then it might be a fun afternoon depending on what we are up to. Just me though, I'm a simple man and I'll spend Saturday in bed until 11 and won't leave the house unless there's a good meal to be had with a very select small group of people.

Yes. 100% yes. In theory it's cool, but it lost it's luster years ago

DQ. It's not even close. The peanut butter cup blizzard may be the greatest dessert of all time.

I always loved picking out a tree at a random gas station when I was younger. Over the years, and as I ended up doing it on my own I found a fake gets the job done just fine. Strong smells give me headaches anyway. Also, I hate fun

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

I tried to answer but felt too exposed

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
if I answered truthfully my wife would kill me......so i guess that thing called sleep....knee is preventing that from happening

endless supply of dad jokes

no but dual shower heads make it better

Dairy Queen, agree with Wally their burgers are delicious

fake - had real trees as a kid....dad wouldn't let us put it up before dec 22, and was down new years day....we put it up early and keep it up late....helps with the darkness of winter

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. Free time. I don't need money or stuff, for Christmas can I just have like 3 bonus days added into the calendar where I can just be alone and do my own thing?
2. Wit and charm?
3. Can't tell you
4. We went to DQ a lot back when I was a kid, my mom's church friend was a manager at one so we got free shit sometimes. The blizzards are good. Only went to Baskin Robbins a couple times, I don't remember much of it.
5. I have a 3 foot tabletop plastic tree currently. I don't know if I trust a freestanding real tree when the dog is in the house all day

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1.$$$
2 .im funny. love hockey and hate politics?
3.yes. hot tub much better
4.dq all the way. peanutbutter cup blizzard. choc ice cream extra pb cups.
5.cut for sure.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Now, I haven't had one since the 90s so they're probably not the same anymore, but the DQ chicken sandwiches were amazing, among the best I've ever had.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I remember this story vividly as my parents worked for the hospital at the time. There is also a new HBO documentary "Murder in Boston" that comes out on Monday about the case.

I remember this infamous case well.

Boston was a very different place back then, and not in a good way.

1701460439137.png

A trailblazer indeed. Rest in Peace Sandra Day O’Connor.

That's Goldwater to O'Connor's right.

She was something else.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I remember this story vividly as my parents worked for the hospital at the time. There is also a new HBO documentary "Murder in Boston" that comes out on Monday about the case.

My girlfriend at the time was commuting from Weymouth to Lynfield every day. That morning she called me to say some idiot parked their car in the middle of a lane on the Tobin and she was over an hour late to work. I had to tell her that idiot was Charles Stuart.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Now, I haven't had one since the 90s so they're probably not the same anymore, but the DQ chicken sandwiches were amazing, among the best I've ever had.
All of their food options are extremely hit or miss. Order the same thing 2 days in a row and you'll have both the best and worst fast food meal of your life.

Reactions: McGarnagle

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. Umm, not really sure. Probably more understanding from family. The things I need aren't material things. More understanding, more time, more kindness.

2. My friends and family members would say that I treat others like family. And I'd agree. I would cook or bake something. Put on a movie or sports event. Just connecting and talking. Make you a cup of hot chocolate or tea or whatever beverage you prefer. I'm normally a shy person. I don't open up to new people, heck I don't open up to some of my family members too often. I have to trust you and I've been through a lot in regards trusting people with something, only to be burned later on. So I have to feel comfortable enough to share with you. But once you're "in"? In my trust circle, you're in for life. Getting to know people fascinates me and I'd love to make everyone feel welcomed if we spent a Saturday together, that be a cool opportunity to do so.

3. Wouldn't know. Lol

4. Dairy Maid (Iykyk) or Friendly's

5. Fake tree. My older sister has severe asthma so growing up we couldn't do a real tree. I have asthma too but not that bad. I get allergic to certain smells so it wouldn't be possible having a real tree. I'd love to cut one down and experience it one day with someone else lol but I could never have a real one unfortunately. But I love my fake tree. :)

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My girlfriend at the time was commuting from Weymouth to Lynfield every day. That morning she called me to say some idiot parked their car in the middle of a lane on the Tobin and she was over an hour late to work. I had to tell her that idiot was Charles Stuart.
I remember seeing it on TV that night watching Chet Curtis and Natalie Jacobson.

I was only 7 but very in tune to things because my parents and other relatives never turned off the news around the kids and no one ever told us we weren't allowed to read the newspaper. We knew better than to talk about it at school tho.

These days, that is probbaly frowned upon or even condemned.

Reactions: hrdpuk and jgatie

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

I can always use more time and more money. As far as “needs” go, I think I’m pretty blessed to not have any that I can think of.
Because I’m fun, witty, handsome, charming and modest. If we’re watching or attending a Bruins game on the Saturday in question, I like to think I’m fun to watch a game with.

I know I laid it on a little thick - but you asked.
Absolutely. A slip-and-fall injury will ruin even the most passionate moment. ‘Safe’ sex has several definitions.
Neither. I hate “chain” ice cream. There are a couple of family-owned places near me that I go to when they’re open. Otherwise I just have ice cream at home.
From the lot. I’m a traditionalist and I’ve never spent a Christmas anywhere that didn’t have a real tree. I love the smell of pine trees, too.

Colored lights, also. All-white lights aren’t my style, either.

Last edited:

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Colored lights, also. All-white lights aren’t my style, either.
For the tree, I'm white lights. I got enough color with the 8 million ornaments my wife uses.

Outside however, its a different story. Color all the way, baby. Las Vegas Christmas. White exterior lights are boring as hell.....

Reactions: rfournier103

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Surgery 8 AM Mon
Be there 615
Well on a positive note, at least the pre-op fasting will be a lot easier. Nothing worse than having surgery in the afternoon......I once had a surgery scheduled for 3:30pm. Couldn't eat anything 12hrs prior and damn sure wasn't getting up at 2am for breakfast. By the time I came out around 5pm, I was one hangry patient. I gave that poor nurse hell.......

Regardless, best of luck. We are all pulling for you.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
For the tree, I'm white lights. I got enough color with the 8 million ornaments my wife uses.

Outside however, its a different story. Color all the way, baby. Las Vegas Christmas. White exterior lights are boring as hell.....
Little known fact, I am completely colour blind, as in monochromatic - there is but one single colour I can pseudo-identify and it’s the solid blue Christmas light - it must be a tint thing

So - my partners have universally insisted on blue exterior Christmas lights and I’ve always found that to be a sweet gesture thread through my relationships

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Little known fact, I am completely colour blind, as in monochromatic - there is but one single colour I can pseudo-identify and it’s the solid blue Christmas light - it must be a tint thing

So - my partners have universally insisted on blue exterior Christmas lights and I’ve always found that to be a sweet gesture thread through my relationships
Here's another little tidbit since we are on the subject of colored lights:

Back in the mid 90s, when I was still flying in the Nav, we started flying with Night Vision Goggles. Back then, they were hyper-sensitive to red light. So sensitive that even a small red light on a power switch for a small appliance would look look like you were staring directly into the sun if you were wearing NVGs. Needless to say, that in the cockpit, we had a lot of red lights and when the red ones came on, it was usually a bad thing.

So in those early days, we just put electrical tape over all the red lights, and that took care of that.....We figured that if one of them ever came on, we'd figure it out sooner or later anyway.

I always wondered why the Iraqis/Serbs didn't just shine bright red lights at us at night.....We wouldn't have been able to see shit.

I gotta believe the technology has evolved since then, and its no longer an issue.

Last edited:

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky

So - my partners have universally insisted on blue exterior Christmas lights and I’ve always found that to be a sweet gesture thread through my relationshi.ps
Going way back in time 40's -50's most houses just used a few window lights (candle shaped) and the only people that used blue were the funeral homes

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Here's another little tidbit since we are on the subject of colored lights:

Back in the mid 90s, when I was still flying in the Nav, we started flying with Night Vision Goggles. Back then, they were hyper-sensitive to red light. So sensitive that even a small red light on a power switch for a small appliance would look look like you were staring directly into the sun if you were wearing NVGs. Needless to say, that in the cockpit, we had a lot of red lights and when the red ones came on, it was usually a bad thing.

So in those early days, we just put electrical tape over all the red lights, and that took care of that.....We figured that if one of them ever came on, we'd figure it out sooner or later anyway.

I always wondered why the Iraqi's/Serbs didn't just shine bright red lights at us at night.....We wouldn't have been able to see shit.

I gotta believe the technology has evolved since then, and its no longer an issue.

dude I know I've said it before but you FASCINATE me when you talk about this kinda stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad