OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Surgery all set for Monday....time TBD

Made it through all the presurgery appointments.

Been really bad since the Bernese Mountain Dog jumped it....and foot slipped causing the stutter step...

Beyond ready to get this done.

One more job tomorrow then the countdown begins

You got this! Reach out if you need any help or tips and tricks. I learned so much from when my dad got it down and from his visiting nurse.

Reactions: shelbysdad

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
The only stuff like that I can take is coricidin (?). Anything with psuedo...
Makes me stoned and one pupil gets bigger than the other.

For a stuffed nose use olbas oil which helps you breathe way better and the heat on your chest lasts way longer than Vicks
I use olbas oil too, it works great for a stuffy nose/sinuses. Just gotta make sure to wash your hands after you touch it or at least make sure not to rub your eyes.

Reactions: shelbysdad

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

For a stuffed nose use olbas oil which helps you breathe way better and the heat on your chest lasts way longer than Vicks
I swear by oil of oregano, it is amazing stuff. You have to get the top quality though, Joy of the Mountains is the one I use. You also have to be careful if you take other meds, it is powerful. It has always worked for me, a bit hard to take because the taste is super strong. I put 3 drops under my tongue and hold there for about a minute, then wash it down with lots of water. I swear it cuts down the length of a cold in half.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Alicat

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I swear by oil of oregano, it is amazing stuff. You have to get the top quality though, Joy of the Mountains is the one I use. You also have to be careful if you take other meds, it is powerful. It has always worked for me, a bit hard to take because the taste is super strong. I put 3 drops under my tongue and hold there for about a minute, then wash it down with lots of water. I swear it cuts down the length of a cold in half.
We used to use Buckleys medicine but I guess its its not sold in the US anymore
Looks,tastes,smells like pine sol.....but works extremely well

Reactions: hrdpuk and caz16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Surgery all set for Monday....time TBD

Made it through all the presurgery appointments.

Been really bad since the Bernese Mountain Dog jumped it....and foot slipped causing the stutter step...

Beyond ready to get this done.

One more job tomorrow then the countdown begins

You got this!! :hockey:

The only advice I can give you is to be sure to do your therapy & keep at it even when it feels like it’s going nowhere.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

I am the same way. I can't take benedryl, Nyquil ect. It makes me feel like I am having an out of body experience and the crash is brutal. I do nasal rinses with a medicated solution and also use a personal steamer from vicks with the patches in it so you get the vapors without actually smelling like it.

I definitely need to try olbas oil.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
First outpatient tortu- er, physical therapy session yesterday. My therapist was very happy with my progress especially regarding range of motion. I did stretching exercises & gently rode the stationary bike for 5 minutes. Still can't drive or use a cane yet. I do have permission to ride my stationary bike at home along with other exercises she gave me to do.

I felt great the entire time but boy was I whipped by the time I got home. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm 60 not 30 and despite how common hip replacement is it is still major surgery & it is going to take awhile to rebuild my strength & stamina.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
First outpatient tortu- er, physical therapy session yesterday. My therapist was very happy with my progress especially regarding range of motion. I did stretching exercises & gently rode the stationary bike for 5 minutes. Still can't drive or use a cane yet. I do have permission to ride my stationary bike at home along with other exercises she gave me to do.

I felt great the entire time but boy was I whipped by the time I got home. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm 60 not 30 and despite how common hip replacement is it was still major surgery & it is going to take awhile to rebuild my strength & stamina.
My 11 year old went to PT after knee surgery last year. Terrified to go the first day because "It looks too serious and for grown ups." She ended up loving it lol and every morning I would bring her, patients and therapists alike would cheer because she was the life of the party. I've never seen anything like it. Everybody in the building would have this instant energy boost and shift in attitude when little miss thang came strutting through the doors

I'm with you! Torture in it's purest form. I give you all the respect in the world for going through with it, and especially for being ahead of the curve with ROM on day 1. That's bad ass.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. What do you actually need that you are not getting?
2. Why would we want to spend a Saturday with you?
3. Is sex in the shower overrated?
4. Baskin Robbins or Dairy Queen?
5. In light of it being Dec 1 - Christmas trees: cut your own down, grab one from a lot, or fake? Why?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

5. In light of it being Dec 1 - Christmas trees: cut your own down, grab one from a lot, or fake? Why?

1. Proper specifications for projects at work.
2. I'm a great cook!
3. After age 30? Yes.
4. DQ
5 Fake.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. Courageous leadership at work.
2. No idea. I'm at the age where I like to keep my Saturday's to myself and close friends and family.
3. Not in my experience.
4. Neither. I'm a frozen custard guy. (Kopp's, Andy's or Culvers in a pinch)
5. Grab one from a lot (9ft). I've cut them down before, but my kids are all older now and its more of a pain in the ass.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. I mean I (like most) could use more money but I am doing OK

2. well...if it were a home Bruins game we would be going. If an away...watching on my large TV. We could order a pizza or I could make lasagna

3. Too long ago... don't remember

4. Baskin Robbins..chocolate chip

5. Used to cut one down (many years ago). Now I pick one up. It still smells nice.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
1. I mean I (like most) could use more money but I am doing OK

2. well...if it were a home Bruins game we would be going. If an away...watching on my large TV. We could order a pizza or I could make lasagna

3. Too long ago... don't remember

4. Baskin Robbins..chocolate chip

5. Used to cut one down (many years ago). Now I pick one up. It still smells nice.
Susan you're freaking adorable lol

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. Time slowing down.
2. Every Saturday is do anything not related to work (having a buzz on preferable but not required)
3. Yes, but hell it is still having sex.
4. Whichever one is closest and open.
5. Lot. Easier

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
NeelyDan's Friday Five:

1. time
2. because you'll day drink and be home in bed by 9
3. yup
4. baskin robbins, Blizzards are overrated
5. when I lived in RI, real from a farm. out here, fake...only pine trees we get in the desert are shipped in dry garbage

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
more time

my bubbly disposition

no

Dairy Queen, actually like their burgers too

fake. Less hassle. Easier cleanup. Plus my town doesnt take real in trash. So you have to get a permit and bring them to a tree and leave dump thats only open on Saturday mornings.

Reactions: hrdpuk and NeelyDan

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Need picture of a Leaf dump for our loveable, laughable fans to the north.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
more time

my bubbly disposition

no

Dairy Queen, actually like their burgers too

fake. Less hassle. Easier cleanup. Plus my town doesnt take real in trash. So you have to get a permit and bring them to a tree and leave dump thats only open on Saturday mornings.

their burgers ARE surprisingly good eh?

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario

Connection

Who doesn't love breakfast at a greasy spoon restaurant, an afternoon nap with a cool breeze coming through the window, a mom-and-pop pizza joint supplying dinner, a cooler full of icy cold beer, and a Bruins game on an 85 inch TV?

It's seriously the worst. I'd rather not get laid at all.

DQ, though BR DOES do a great peanut butter and chocolate

Lot - I dig the real tree energy, but I see no extra value in cutting one down myself. Maybe it'll change when lil neelydan comes along, who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad