OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Reactions: Gee Wally

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Anyone have tips and tricks for mounting a TV?

My brother got my mom a new 40 inch, not realizing one of the bureaus is too small for it... I had to send him this photo after I set it up like uhhhh it doesn't fit.

View attachment 777296

Anyone have experience with mounting? Is it easy? Do I need to hire someone. Please help.
very easy to do. tvs are so light now you dont even need to hit the studs. you can even use toggle bolts.
also you can get legs for that tv on amazon. they run in line with the bolt holes in the back. so legs may actually fit on that desk.

Reactions: Mione134

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Having a hard time today. Suddenly dawned on me my Dad died 10 years ago today.
Been a decade. But this is like a gut punch all over again. Weird.
God bless Wally. And not weird at all. Next August it will be 45 years since my dad passed. I won't even think about it, then I'll sign and date something at work and it will hit me out of the blue. I suspect the feeling will never change.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
very easy to do. tvs are so light now you dont even need to hit the studs. you can even use toggle bolts.
also you can get legs for that tv on amazon. they run in line with the bolt holes in the back. so legs may actually fit on that desk.
You might also look into a sound bar. Unbelievably yet believably, these fabulous new TVs with the great picture have terrible sound.

The speakers are usually in the back, tiny and tinny.

Check ✔️ your TV.

Reactions: Mione134

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
God bless Wally. And not weird at all. Next August it will be 45 years since my dad passed. I won't even think about it, then I'll sign and date something at work and it will hit me out of the blue. I suspect the feeling will never change.

my dad has been gone 7 years already. Every so often I will be going through a client's paper file and I will see a note in his handwriting. It always triggers the water works.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
my dad has been gone 7 years already. Every so often I will be going through a client's paper file and I will see a note in his handwriting. It always triggers the water works.
That is what gets me these days, just about 8 years later. It will be a photo or a memory. I see my niece and it makes me sad she'll never know him. It will really start to hit me in a few weeks as the anniversary gets closer.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Perfect gift!
1701790858094.jpeg

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have two different prescription nasal sprays for this "acute sinusitis." One isn't so bad, the other makes me feel like I just took a puff of my car's tailpipe. YUCK

• Wow
Reactions: rfournier103

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Knee replacement surgery went well. Up on it 3 hours after surgery.

Dr said it is supposed to be round like a tire. On the inside of the knee it was worn so like a flat tire. The other part wasn't much better.
Said all the parts fit perfectly.

Waiting to get sprung
Bravo!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Dr said it is supposed to be round like a tire. On the inside of the knee it was worn so like a flat tire. The other part wasn't much better.

Waiting to get sprung

great news. Wishing you a speedy rehab.

Reactions: shelbysdad

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Waiting to get sprung
Wahooo!
I have two different prescription nasal sprays for this "acute sinusitis." One isn't so bad, the other makes me feel like I just took a puff of my car's tailpipe. YUCK
can you take the second one at night? The doc gave me Azelastine (sp?) and I nearly passed out at my desk so I had to take it at night. Now I just do a capsule of Pulmacor in my morning nasal rinse every few days.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Waiting to get sprung
Wooooooo!!! :hockey:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Wahooo!

can you take the second one at night? The doc gave me Azelastine (sp?) and I nearly passed out at my desk so I had to take it at night. Now I just do a capsule of Pulmacor in my morning nasal rinse every few days.
Azelastine is the nasty one. They said take two pumps twice a day. :help:

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Azelastine is the nasty one. They said take two pumps twice a day. :help:
Its heinous for sure. I did 2 pumps in each nostril at night about 2 hours before bed. I hated it so much I stopped taking it and went to the pulmacor option. I'm using it off label as it is typically used in a nebulizer.

I do zyrtec and my neli med sinus rinse with pulmacor in the morning and I'm supposed to use the Flonase Sensimist at night.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Fellow travelers and wheelmen, what is your experience with horrible drivers?

I’ve been all around the Northeast, up and down the East coast, up and down the California coast, through southern Ontario and Quebec

There is no doubt in my mind that the southcoast Massachusetts area is home to the absolute worst drivers in the world. Holy. Hell. You know that rare instance when you’re the second car waiting at a red light to turn left, the light goes green…nothing happens, the light goes yellow, nothing happens…the light goes red again and the car ahead of you never even lets off the brake? I think I see it once a week in New Bedford, and I’ve maybe seen it twice in my life outside of NB

I’m not a road rager by any means, and tend to be an extremely defensive driver. This city might put me over the edge

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Fellow travelers and wheelmen, what is your experience with horrible drivers?

I’ve been all around the Northeast, up and down the East coast, up and down the California coast, through southern Ontario and Quebec

There is no doubt in my mind that the southcoast Massachusetts area is home to the absolute worst drivers in the world. Holy. Hell. You know that rare instance when you’re the second car waiting at a red light to turn left, the light goes green…nothing happens, the light goes yellow, nothing happens…the light goes red again and the car ahead of you never even lets off the brake? I think I see it once a week in New Bedford, and I’ve maybe seen it twice in my life outside of NB

I’m not a road rager by any means, and tend to be an extremely defensive driver. This city might put me over the edge
Its 95% due to cell phone usage while driving.

If I were in charge, if your caught using a cell phone while behind the wheel, your phone gets confiscated on the spot. And I'd enforce the shit out of that.....Traffic cameras, whatever.

Reactions: jgatie and Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad