OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Knee replacement surgery went well. Up on it 3 hours after surgery.

Dr said it is supposed to be round like a tire. On the inside of the knee it was worn so like a flat tire. The other part wasn't much better.
Said all the parts fit perfectly.

Waiting to get sprung
Excellent. Now do everything they tell you to do including the PT

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Its 95% due to cell phone usage while driving.

If I were in charge, if you’re caught using a cell phone while behind the wheel, your phone gets confiscated on the spot. And I'd enforce the shit out of that.....Traffic cameras, whatever.
Yeah i do see a lot of phone use still and it goes up my ass sideways. It wouldn’t be a bad idea for automakers to put wireless charging pads and wireless carplay/android auto in everything they build. These options were pitched to me on my car as a fun little add on, when in reality i think they are priceless safety features. I don’t understand why they aren’t marketed as such. I can lock my phone away in a cubby where i cannot see it, have full voice control over it to make a call, engage the gps, or even have it read a message to me over the speakers, all while it’s charging. My hands never have to leave the wheel and my eyes stay on the road. It’s a no brainer

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Fellow travelers and wheelmen, what is your experience with horrible drivers?

I’ve been all around the Northeast, up and down the East coast, up and down the California coast, through southern Ontario and Quebec

There is no doubt in my mind that the southcoast Massachusetts area is home to the absolute worst drivers in the world. Holy. Hell. You know that rare instance when you’re the second car waiting at a red light to turn left, the light goes green…nothing happens, the light goes yellow, nothing happens…the light goes red again and the car ahead of you never even lets off the brake? I think I see it once a week in New Bedford, and I’ve maybe seen it twice in my life outside of NB

I’m not a road rager by any means, and tend to be an extremely defensive driver. This city might put me over the edge

H/She would've gotten the horn 5 seconds into the first green. If you can't look up every five seconds or so from your stupid electronic baby binky when behind the wheel of a 2 ton vehicle, you are getting a blast. I suggest you embrace your inner Masshole-ishness and lean on that horn button.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Its 95% due to cell phone usage while driving.

If I were in charge, if your caught using a cell phone while behind the wheel, your phone gets confiscated on the spot. And I'd enforce the shit out of that.....Traffic cameras, whatever.

I was beside some clown the other day. Driving down a 2 lane main drag at 40 MPH in traffic, head down looking at their phone. I wish Darwinism would take care of these people, but unfortunately that means they take out innocents when it happens.

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Fellow travelers and wheelmen, what is your experience with horrible drivers?

I’ve been all around the Northeast, up and down the East coast, up and down the California coast, through southern Ontario and Quebec

There is no doubt in my mind that the southcoast Massachusetts area is home to the absolute worst drivers in the world. Holy. Hell. You know that rare instance when you’re the second car waiting at a red light to turn left, the light goes green…nothing happens, the light goes yellow, nothing happens…the light goes red again and the car ahead of you never even lets off the brake? I think I see it once a week in New Bedford, and I’ve maybe seen it twice in my life outside of NB

I’m not a road rager by any means, and tend to be an extremely defensive driver. This city might put me over the edge
Judging by all the townies whining on social media, Centre Streen in West Roxbury is now the worst place to drive in the state. Someone got hit last week in the crosswalk and the guy who hit him blamed everything but himself and I quote "only realized he'd hit something when he heard the thud."

The issue there like in many areas is the need for speed and to hell with other drivers, pedestrians and others who are trying to use the roads and crosswalks. Drivers like the ones you are describing legit make my blood boil. Get off your phones, put whatever you're smoking down and pay attention. Doesn't happen a lot where I am thankfully but when it does it absolutely ruins the day. I count to 5 and then lay on the horn.

The biggest thing I deal with are drivers who go 10-15 miles under the speed limit on the parkways. They do this when the weather is nice out. Pull over if you're lost and if you're not lost, you need to stop driving the road until you aren't terrified by it. Sure there are some curves but if you go the speed limit, you'll have no issues. Now if you're driving in rain or snow, you need to go at least 10 under the speed limit or you'll end up in the pond or a ditch depending on which way you're driving.

People in Oklahoma are ok for the most part until you get on the highway. It is a damn free for all with 18 wheelers getting involved. My sister had someone pass her by going into the breakdown lane. Drag racing is an issue late at night.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
H/She would've gotten the horn 5 seconds into the first green. If you can't look up every five seconds or so from your stupid electronic baby binky when behind the wheel of a 2 ton vehicle, you are getting a blast. I suggest you embrace your inner Masshole-ishness and lean on that horn button.
when I hit the horn, I don't let go for a minimum 5 seconds. Usually much longer. People say "he/she hits to hurt" about athletes...I horn to hurt.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
If you don't move after the horn and I have to go around your sorry ass, the horn and the bird will be utilized.
I like to go with a thumbs down lol. I'm not angry, cuz that shows defeat, I'm just disappointed.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I used to like Christmas shopping.

Now it sucks.

I buy clothes for my kid as I know her tastes. I walked around Macy's yesterday and couldn't find one thing I liked...nothing.

Their clothes are crap. The quality is poor.

I miss Filines.

I find this is something that transcends most markets now. Quality overall is down, and if you do want (and find) quality, I hope you've got a fat wallet.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Try watching traffic stop videos on YouTube. The amount of idiocy, arrogance, and pretty much every other negative character trait known to man displayed by a lot of people out on the roads everywhere.... yikes.

One of my favorites:

Cop: The reason I pulled you over is that I saw you on your phone for the last three blocks. This is a violation of the texting while driving law.

Extremely unpleasant driver: How dare you! You don't know what I'm doing! I wasn't texting!! *huff of indignation* I was on Instagram!!!!"

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I find this is something that transcends most markets now. Quality overall is down, and if you do want (and find) quality, I hope you've got a fat wallet.
I like to see the things I buy (especially clothes,)in person.

You are correct about the quality.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

When there is healthy competition they have to compete with price and/or quality. I don't think the markets have had healthy competition in quite some time.

Reactions: BMC

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I used to like Christmas shopping.

Now it sucks.

I buy clothes for my kid as I know her tastes. I walked around Macy's yesterday and couldn't find one thing I liked...nothing.

Their clothes are crap. The quality is poor.

I miss Filines.
1701808626805.png

1701808657773.png

1701808690727.png

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
My wife and I usually like to watch 2-3 good Christmas movies at this time of year. Some of our old favs are still great but are starting to wear just a little thin (Muppet Christmas Carol, Joyeux Noel, Love Actually, Nativity!, Nightmare Before Christmas) and I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions of other films that might be worth a look. Nothing too sappy or Hallmark-y, otherwise we're open to pretty much anything, even if it's a little obscure.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I am basically 100% thrift store now except for underwears, shoes, and jeans. 34/29 is not a common size!

We have an awesome one near us called listen. It is like a thrift department store. Though the mens selection is kind of Meh, lots of corporate logos. But there are some good finds. Most of the kids gifts are thrifted throughout the year and stored in the basement. I feel like toy stores used to be at least a quality gate keeper. The unsafe garbage on amazon now is scary.

When I lived in Marblehead, MA they had a thrift store that all the proceeds went to the schools. They raised $1M total. Moms would volunteer to get first dibs on the incoming donations hahah. Loved that place, sooo much sports gear. The Marblehead buy nothing page was also full of amazing finds as well. The used market in NH/VT is much more people trying to make a buck than just keeping stuff from the landfill.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My wife and I usually like to watch 2-3 good Christmas movies at this time of year. Some of our old favs are still great but are starting to wear just a little thin (Muppet Christmas Carol, Joyeux Noel, Love Actually, Nativity!, Nightmare Before Christmas) and I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions of other films that might be worth a look. Nothing too sappy or Hallmark-y, otherwise we're open to pretty much anything, even if it's a little obscure.
My daughter makes us watch White Christmas. If you haven't seen it you should

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad