OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
full
@Fenway

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

Looks like our neighbour's dog (Doug), big dogs are such babies...lol It makes them all the more lovable. He is gorgeous!
Thanks! he's a cutie and we love him.

We've had him for 3 years now and he's probably the most affectionate / attached dog we have ever had and it grows each day. He can't be in a room by himself, has to be touching you, and tries to carry on a conversation with you every time he gets up from bed...

We just recently had to say goodbye to our 11yo yellow lab Teddy (my buddy). Back when we introduced Moose to the family, Teddy was NOT amused, and while Teddy never was excited for Moose he warmed up to him and Moose brought back the puppy in Teddy for his last few years.

I have never felt pain for a furry family member like I did Teddy, I have never had such a smart, loyal, brave friend like him. I'm not sure if he took on my personality or I took on his... He was always by my side, but not clingy (if that makes sense) but he had his way of letting you know that he was always there for you. He was devoted to us, but absolutely let you know when something didn't please him... Where Teddy's personality had many many traits. Moose is simply just love, lots of unadulterated love.

The pics below were when teddy wasn't please, but eventually came around to Moose.
20210120_185748.jpg
20210815_090533.jpg
20210815_114928.jpg

Last edited:

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
She was waiting for me when i got home for work. Waiting on her bed time pets and cuddles

I wish it was true but this the 3rd or 4th time shes gotten out and I got lost in my neighborhood getting back to the house these Florida developments all look the same

Florida may be one of the last states I’d ever want to be lost wandering around a neighborhood.

Reactions: Kovi and Ladyfan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
It's a little on the violent side, it is called Goon after all, lol, but it is almost a cartoonish violence.

I liked the characters, they were ridiculously flawed, but still had heart.
I enjoyed it. Far better than it had any right to be, if that makes sense

Reactions: lextune

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I just made a grilled cheese for lunch.

Cheddar, swiss, and green apple slices. Cut on the diagonal, obviously.

It's life changing. Try it.
Made grilled cheeses a few nights ago with the lady for a random late dinner. I suggested apple slices and it was met with much skepticism. Turns out we had no apples anyway, but I’m pleased to hear that I’m not the only one out there doing this.

Diagonal. Of course.

Reactions: Kate08

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Made grilled cheeses a few nights ago with the lady for a random late dinner. I suggested apple slices and it was met with much skepticism. Turns out we had no apples anyway, but I’m pleased to hear that I’m not the only one out there doing this.

Diagonal. Of course.

I like extra crispy bacon in my grilled cheese.

mmmmmmm

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

Diagonal. Of course.
I add thousand Island dressing, baby swiss.

cosmic

Reactions: GordonHowe

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Wow….

NEW YORK (AP) — A cargo jet headed to Belgium from New York had to turn around mid-flight after a horse escaped its stall and got loose in the hold, according to air traffic control audio.

The Boeing 747 operated by Air Atlanta Icelandic had just started its flight across the Atlantic Ocean on Nov. 9 when the pilot radioed air traffic control in Boston and said that a horse on board had escaped its stall.

“We don’t have a problem as of flying-wise but we need to return, return back to New York. We cannot get the horse back secured,” the pilot said on air traffic control recordings made by the site LiveATC.net and compiled by the site You Can See ATC.

The controller cleared the aircraft to return to John F. Kennedy International Airport.

The pilot said that due to the plane’s weight, he had to dump 20 tons of fuel before going back to New York.

The controller gave the OK and alerted nearby pilots about a “fuel dumping in progress approximately 10 miles west of Martha’s Vineyard.”

The 747 pilot had one more request. “I do believe we need a vet — veterinarian, I guess you call it, for the horse upon landing,” he said. “Is that something you can speak to New York about?”

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Love it! :)

I just need to get in the habit of turning off the annoying "shut off the engine at every stop light" mode every time I get in the car
Yea that's annoying
Wow….

NEW YORK (AP) — A cargo jet headed to Belgium from New York had to turn around mid-flight after a horse escaped its stall and got loose in the hold, according to air traffic control audio.

The Boeing 747 operated by Air Atlanta Icelandic had just started its flight across the Atlantic Ocean on Nov. 9 when the pilot radioed air traffic control in Boston and said that a horse on board had escaped its stall.

“We don’t have a problem as of flying-wise but we need to return, return back to New York. We cannot get the horse back secured,” the pilot said on air traffic control recordings made by the site LiveATC.net and compiled by the site You Can See ATC.

The controller cleared the aircraft to return to John F. Kennedy International Airport.

The pilot said that due to the plane’s weight, he had to dump 20 tons of fuel before going back to New York.

The controller gave the OK and alerted nearby pilots about a “fuel dumping in progress approximately 10 miles west of Martha’s Vineyard.”

The 747 pilot had one more request. “I do believe we need a vet — veterinarian, I guess you call it, for the horse upon landing,” he said. “Is that something you can speak to New York about?”
"Honey how was your day?"

Reactions: Gordoff and Kovi

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
My calf muscle picked a hell of a time to tear again. Not as bad as when I first injured it but it’s enough to cause major issues. I can’t do much other than ice and elevation.

I re-injured it quickly walking across the road from the parking lot to my apartment to avoid the car that was coming.

It’s been irritated for a few weeks now but I ignored it. Lesson learned.
calf pulls suck. they linger. i hsd a clot 10 years ago. so i always freak out w calf pain.

Reactions: Gordoff

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
My calf muscle picked a hell of a time to tear again. Not as bad as when I first injured it but it’s enough to cause major issues. I can’t do much other than ice and elevation.

I re-injured it quickly walking across the road from the parking lot to my apartment to avoid the car that was coming.

Sorry, Ali. I hope it heals quickly. I strain mine fairly often.

Reactions: Gordoff

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

That stinks!

Hope you’re well soon!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Thanks! he's a cutie and we love him.

We've had him for 3 years now and he's probably the most affectionate / attached dog we have ever had and it grows each day. He can't be in a room by himself, has to be touching you, and tries to carry on a conversation with you every time he gets up from bed...

We just recently had to say goodbye to our 11yo yellow lab Teddy (my buddy). Back when we introduced Moose to the family, Teddy was NOT amused, and while Teddy never was excited for Moose he warmed up to him and Moose brought back the puppy in Teddy for his last few years.

I have never felt pain for a furry family member like I did Teddy, I have never had such a smart, loyal, brave friend like him. I'm not sure if he took on my personality or I took on his... He was always by my side, but not clingy (if that makes sense) but he had his way of letting you know that he was always there for you. He was devoted to us, but absolutely let you know when something didn't please him... Where Teddy's personality had many many traits. Moose is simply just love, lots of unadulterated love.

The pics below were when teddy wasn't please, but eventually came around to Moose.
View attachment 768571View attachment 768572View attachment 768573
That's a beautiful story. Got me all choked up.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Reactions: CamFan81 and caz16

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Love it! :)

I just need to get in the habit of turning off the annoying "shut off the engine at every stop light" mode every time I get in the car
My wife's CRV has that. Whenever I drive it and she's the passenger she shuts it off for me but she says that she doesn't mind it anymore when she drives because of the big increase in mileage. I have a 2 year old 4Runner with no such technology (we 4Runner owners are known to not like things like that). To each their own I guess.

Just wanted to say that I figured out what Montrealer's have been doing for amusement for the past decade or so since the Habs have been poopoo...

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
calf pulls suck. they linger. i hsd a clot 10 years ago. so i always freak out w calf pain.

Sorry, Ali. I hope it heals quickly. I strain mine fairly often.

That stinks!

Hope you’re well soon!
Thanks guys! I got really lucky with my Delta checkin lady in Boston. She was able to put in a wheelchair request for each of my stops and one was waiting for me in Atlanta and OKC. They were true lifesavers today.

As soon as I took off my boots (they are flats) my calf and ankle swelled. There is some bruising on the calf but there is a much more noticeable bruise on the top of my ankle. I’m on round 2 of ice and Motrin and the swelling has really gone down so I am hopeful that if I do this a few times a day for the next 2-3 days I’ll be in considerably less pain and on the right track to healing.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We went on a trail walk yesterday and it goes through farmland...with cows! I was very excited, they were a lot like the cows I played with as a child. There was a farm behind our house where we lived in England. Wow, it brought back great memories. I love that the farmers in the area allow hikers to go through their fields.

1700130456795.jpeg

1700130506265.jpeg

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
About an hour after returning from Germany, MGH called and asked me to come in for a follow-up colonoscopy 2 days later as they had a cancelation as my previous one last summer was compromised by the prep not doing a good purge.

1700130327983.png

Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit

Exam Date: 11/15/2023 3:03 PM

Admit Type: Outpatient

Room: MGH BLAKE 4 PROC RM 05
Note Status: Finalized
Attending MD: Norman S. Nishioka , MD,

The surgeon is the director of the unit.

Bottom line he saw nothing that concerned him but he wants to follow up in a year pending the final report.

Woody Allen says that death is peaceful like when they put you out during a colonoscopy. And Life is like the prep day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad