OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
you are lucky....i had a family member forward our texts from a personal conversation we were having to her friends and family....i haven't talked to her since

i think the problem is when outside influences, be it P or R that we cant mention, their SO, lifestyle, whatever, when the outside influence changes them into someone else than the person they used to be that is the problem.

My wife has commented before that if her sister wasn't her sister no way would they be friends...complete opposites in every way

If being around someone, friend, relative whatever is a huge stressor that you know its not going to end well, its just easier to not be around them...my wife has 3 best friends, the husbands do not get along at all so there is never a couple situation
At my age, I no longer am working so I don't have to "work with someone" that I don't care for.

I have a small family (daughter, 2 sisters, one brother-in-law) and thankfully we mostly agree on politics, religion and most things. The things we might not agree on are small things that are not worth debating (as none of us are likely to change our mind).

I have a small group of friends and some acquaintances. A couple of them we don't discuss politics because we are too far apart. My neighbor (who I am close to) is always trying to get me to be religious....It will not happen and we still get along.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my point of view. There are some things I see as so terrible that I no longer interact with the people. Their point of view is so against all I believe in that I have lost all interest in having them in my life.

As I get older, I have found some peace by getting rid of people that believe in things so terrible (IMO) that I have cut them out of my life.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
holy crap. i just got a few groceries at Big Y.
They actually asked if I wanted to donate $5 at the checkout. $5!
i said not after spending $35 on 4 items.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Mine insist on accompanying me to the bathroom. You would think I had no idea of what to do once I'm in there they're so insistent :laugh:
I take a hot bath every so often (feels good on the arthritis). Pippin comes in and wants me to pet him until he is soaked.

1699929024956.png

Last edited:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I'm at a seminar for work. Why do these meeting places always have the most brutally uncomfortable chairs? Ugh. My back is already killing me.
Because they chose aesthetic over function and safety which is a giant no no and they should have hired moi. :)

Reactions: Bruinaura and BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
While I was sitting here, a mosquito just buzzed by my face - this weather is ridiculous. They should all be gone by now, it just isn't natural.

Good news - just got him! All we need is to be swelling up with bites in mid November. Seriously, my daughter's birthday is on Thursday and she was born during a snowstorm - the doc didn't make it to the hospital in time. We always have our first measurable snowfall by her birthday, nothing this year, and the temps are still about 12C (about 54F).

• Wow
Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
At my age, I no longer am working so I don't have to "work with someone" that I don't care for.

I have a small family (daughter, 2 sisters, one brother-in-law) and thankfully we mostly agree on politics, religion and most things. The things we might not agree on are small things that are not worth debating (as none of us are likely to change our mind).

I have a small group of friends and some acquaintances. A couple of them we don't discuss politics because we are too far apart. My neighbor (who I am close to) is always trying to get me to be religious....It will not happen and we still get along.

I don't expect everyone to agree with my point of view. There are some things I see as so terrible that I no longer interact with the people. Their point of view is so against all I believe in that I have lost all interest in having them in my life.

As I get older, I have found some peace by getting rid of people that believe in things so terrible (IMO) that I have cut them out of my life.

"There is always something to do. There are hungry people to feed, naked people to clothe, sick people to comfort and make well.

"And while I don’t expect you to save the world I do think it’s not asking too much for you to love those with whom you sleep, share the happiness of those whom you call friend, engage those among you who are visionary and remove from your life those who offer you depression, despair and disrespect."

- Nikki Giovanni

Reactions: Ladyfan

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
While I was sitting here, a mosquito just buzzed by my face - this weather is ridiculous. They should all be gone by now, it just isn't natural.

Good news - just got him! All we need is to be swelling up with bites in mid November. Seriously, my daughter's birthday is on Thursday and she was born during a snowstorm - the doc didn't make it to the hospital in time. We always have our first measurable snowfall by her birthday, nothing this year, and the temps are still about 12C (about 54F).
Thank you for the metric temp conversion. I can remember a big push for metric system in the USA early fifties only to be squashed by the politicians along with bilingual education. If that is too political I apologize.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Thank you for the metric temp conversion. I can remember a big push for metric system in the USA early fifties only to be squashed by the politicians along with bilingual education. If that is too political I apologize.

I remember the metric system business from junior high in the 70s. I was afraid it might happen because I was terrible at math!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad