Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What happened to him?

Injured by Colorado in game 4 I believe with a cross-check to the hands by MacKinnon and then a cross-check to the back by Walker on the same shift. He also blocked a shot on that shift that shook him up, but the injury is apparently an upper-body one.

Reactions: BHD and Coffey

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Everybody props Vegas up. Vegas was not on another level. There is 82 reasons that show that.

The reality is Edmonton was the better team this year (head2head, over 82 games, in Playoffs).

Vegas certainly improved at the deadline, but they were 4th in the Pacific for a reason, and an out of shape Stone didn't improve the team as much as people here believe.

The only arguments saying Vegas is better is purely speculative, because everything else points towards Edmonton.

Vegas winning the cup last year was just that. Last year.

Dallas is the favorite. But don't sleep on Edmonton due to bias, and use narratives to substitute facts.
At no point did I say Vegas was better than Colorado lol.

Neither did I say this series will be a cake walk. I’ve been saying throughout this thread that this will go minimum 6 games.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
No skin in this game, but I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome of "Top Heavy" vs "No Stars but Solid Throughout".

Apt that it's a contemporary edition of the Minnesota No Stars that's going to get it done. I'll be a bit surprised if Edmonton wins more than once.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
I value the seeing eye test and actual hockey knowledge. The season doesn’t mean f*** all. After the first half of the season, the Canucks fell down to earth and weren’t really consider a threat to do much damage come playoffs. The Kings never had a chance come playoff time and were seeing as the easiest match up in the West as the playoffs approached.

Colorado and Vegas are on another level. It’s as simple as that and it’s an insult to those team to put the Kings and Canucks on the same sentence as them. The entire hockey world knows that aside from some of Oilers nation.
Lol at putting the King's and Canucks in the same sentence.

If Edm beats Dallas in less than 7, there will be a big reckoning about how good the Canucks were

If Edm beats Dallas in less than 7, there will be a big reckoning about how good the Canucks

• Haha
Reactions: fancy dan

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
Let's not get carried away after only one game, if I recall correctly Vegas won the first two game in Dallas and everyone was saying that Vegas was unstoppable and they lost the next three games to eventually lost in 7. So I don't think Dallas is too worried being down 0-1, they know they can come back.

Reactions: Skate2Stick

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
At no point did I say Vegas was better than Colorado lol.

Neither did I say this series will be a cake walk. I’ve been saying throughout this thread that this will go minimum 6 games.
I didn't mention Colorado. Maybe read what I wrote again?

Agree with you. Expect this to go 6+, and Dallas is favorite.

Point was all the posters saying this would be a sweep, or pushover for Dallas.

Edmonton is a better team than Vegas.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Hello , are the oilers actually decent? They suprised me last night
Combination of that, and Dallas being overrated.

It seemed like Dallas has no forwards who can make a play in the offensive zone. They just all fly the defensive zone, and cherry pick for odd-man rushes at their own blue line.

Their goals came from a lucky bobble by Kulak, and a flukey bounce off Nurse.

Their PP also seems really bad. Easily kept to the outside for unscreened shots from far. No set plays to create slot shots or get Skinner to move laterally.

Pavelski looks way too slow for this series. Especially if he's going to be going head to head against Foegele and McLeod.. who are offensive black holes, but they're lightning fast. Same reasons Oilers had to take Perry out of the lineup in the Vancouver series.

Dallas does seem to get better the longer a series goes. So maybe we'll likely see some adjustments. I don't imagine anyone drew up the gameplan of leaving McDavid all alone in the slot for the game winner.

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
If that Skinner shows up all series Dallas is in trouble. Oilers will get powerplays at some point and will score. The issue has always been keeping it out of their net. Last night skinner played well and for the most part Oilers commitment to D or playing the right way was better than its been all season. It may have been their best game of the year in that respect.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If that Skinner shows up all series Dallas is in trouble. Oilers will get powerplays at some point and will score. The issue has always been keeping it out of their net. Last night skinner played well and for the most part Oilers commitment to D or playing the right way was better than its been all season. It may have been their best game of the year in that respect.

I thought this game was a positive for Dallas

They were able to keep it close without their 1C and this was basically a must win game for Edmontons and they got it done

Combination of that, and Dallas being overrated.

It seemed like Dallas has no forwards who can make a play in the offensive zone. They just all fly the defensive zone, and cherry pick for odd-man rushes at their own blue line.

Their goals came from a lucky bobble by Kulak, and a flukey bounce off Nurse.

Their PP also seems really bad. Easily kept to the outside for unscreened shots from far. No set plays to create slot shots or get Skinner to move laterally.

Pavelski looks way too slow for this series. Especially if he's going to be going head to head against Foegele and McLeod.. who are offensive black holes, but they're lightning fast. Same reasons Oilers had to take Perry out of the lineup in the Vancouver series.

Dallas does seem to get better the longer a series goes. So maybe we'll likely see some adjustments. I don't imagine anyone drew up the gameplan of leaving McDavid all alone in the slot for the game winner.

You beat a team without their 1C in double overtime

Maybe wait a bit more before boasting about how amazing you are..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad