WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I thought this game was a positive for Dallas

They were able to keep it close without their 1C and this was basically a must win game for Edmontons and they got it done

You beat a team without their 1C in double overtime

Maybe wait a bit more before boasting about how amazing you are..
Losing to the cup winners doesn't feel as bad

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba

They were able to keep it close without their 1C and this was basically a must win game for Edmontons and they got it done

A player who has 6 points in 11 games these playoffs..

Hintz is obviously a really good player, but he has exactly been lighting it up in the playoffs so far.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hoping the reffing gets better. That was atrocious.

I thought the calls were warranted - and infrequent enough, as well......seems like the refs put their whistles away for the most part.

The OT call on McDavid was blatant; I don't know what he was crying about. And even though they hit the post twice early, I still wasn't surprised to see Dallas squander the whole powerplay anyway. :laugh:

Last night was a great demonstration on how not to run a powerplay, for Dallas.

ijuka

May 14, 2016

Okay, so game 1 of a best of 7 while on the road was a "must win."

J bo Jeans

Aug 7, 2020
Ottawa
Do you think Dallas goes another game without a player penalty?

80+ minutes without a stick/checking infraction...

Expect the number 1 PP in the game to get a good amount of work next game.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
Didn't see anything from Edmonton last night that changed my opinion about this series. Close game, but that favors Dallas over a series.
Dude, the PP's were 5-1 for Dallas and you still lost while getting outshot.

You're absolutely lying to yourself.

People didn't give the Oilers a chance in this series.

Obviously Dallas can still win this, but to suggest you didn't see anything last night that changed your opinion even the slightest is laughable

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I didn't mention Colorado. Maybe read what I wrote again?

Agree with you. Expect this to go 6+, and Dallas is favorite.

Point was all the posters saying this would be a sweep, or pushover for Dallas.

Edmonton is a better team than Vegas.

My bad, I meant to say I never said Vegas was better than Edmonton because I do give Edmonton the slight edge for sure. Especially after seeing the game last night, the Oilers had an outstanding PK and played a solid road game.

I’ve said since the start, this series will go minimum 6 regardless of what others have said. Should be fun

Last edited:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
stars showing the cowboys some love by losing every game 1 these playoffs
They seem to lose every game a Cowboys player shows up to, funny enough.

I remember this Canucks fan posting after game 6 how "it's ok we lost, the point of that game wasn't to win".

Well ok then lol. Edmonton agrees too - you guys keep on losing, they'll keep on winning.
Can't wait till Saturday

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Stars fans knew game 1 loss was near inevitable. Unlike you, we've been watching them for years. Overreacting to game 1 on either side is silly.

I know Dallas has a streak of losing games 1 (and Edmonton isn't far behind supposedly). That's still absolutely terrible...they need to find a way to win games 1 if they want to get an actual cup.

Has any team ever won the cup without winning a single game 1? I'm sure it must have happened, I'm curious.

I think Dallas is a good team and all, and that core has a chance to win a cup, whether this year or in future, but you guys have to find ways to go up in series 1-0, and even 2-0 and more. If you're always coming back from behind, it's going to be almost impossible to ever actually win a cup.

Such a weird streak.

Reactions: MBTendy and Elysian

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I know Dallas has a streak of losing games 1 (and Edmonton isn't far behind supposedly). That's still absolutely terrible...they need to find a way to win games 1 if they want to get an actual cup.

Has any team ever won the cup without winning a single game 1? I'm sure it must have happened, I'm curious.

I think Dallas is a good team and all, and that core has a chance to win a cup, whether this year or in future, but you guys have to find ways to go up in series 1-0, and even 2-0 and more. If you're always coming back from behind, it's going to be almost impossible to ever actually win a cup.

Such a weird streak.
Its annoying, as a fan, I'll give you that. I think Sean Shapiro was going to check with the NHL to see if any team ever won the Cup without winning a game 1, but he said that on a podcast after the game last night so maybe after Saturday he'll have an answer. I certainly don't want to try and figure it out :laugh:

Deboer is absolutely going to make adjustments, the next game won't be a repeat of this one.

All it takes is chemistry.

Losing your 1c changes the dynamic.

Don’t be a stat watcher.
Also Roope is a vital penalty killer, and fantastic defensively. He's also one of the few guys on the team that can skate toe to toe with McDavid, he's fast. His point total isn't the only loss by any means.

Reactions: Fulmination
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad