OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
was hoping NO could be a partner for a possible trade back

Hoe-lee SHIT-ballz!!!
Saints have been trading around the board for the last several years as they tried to get Brees another ring, but, damn, they're still swinging the stick!

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I think he was trying to read between the lines of Ajax's post, and call out Ajax's perceived biases. But the whole thing is a mess of posts.
I really hate trying to track quotes on this website. If I missed that then my bad, I just couldn’t find the context correctly I guess

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I really hate trying to track quotes on this website. If I missed that then my bad, I just couldn’t find the context correctly I guess
It’s fine.

I’m just defensive when it comes to PG County. The agency I work for oversees PG Parks and Rec. Over the last 6 years I’ve gotten to know PG County very well. It gets an unfair rep and is terribly stereotyped. I wish Anne Arundel County, where I live, had the public parks and public facilities PG County has. And the vast majority of people who live in PG County, regardless of ethnic background, are great people. They don’t live in a pit.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
For the record the attached map is what I’ve always considered NOVA being born and bred in Maryland. The VA locals on here are free to educate me on the true meaning of NOVA.

Attachments

• 1AE081F9-78B7-4DA4-B0B3-8F3F46C1C63E.jpeg
    1AE081F9-78B7-4DA4-B0B3-8F3F46C1C63E.jpeg
    275.6 KB · Views: 9

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hoe-lee SHIT-ballz!!!
Saints have been trading around the board for the last several years as they tried to get Brees another ring, but, damn, they're still swinging the stick!
I cannot understand what NO is doing with no idea who will be there……

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
They obv wanted an extra top 20 pick this year. I’d wager it’s to target one of the QB’s. But maybe not.
As a fan (they're my actual football team), I'm guessing they're thinking project QB (the best left by the time they pick), and a WR who can contribute right away with Winston.
But that's just a semi-educated guess -- the ways of The Loomis are mysterious, indeed.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
It’s fine.

I’m just defensive when it comes to PG County. The agency I work for oversees PG Parks and Rec. Over the last 6 years I’ve gotten to know PG County very well. It gets an unfair rep and is terribly stereotyped. I wish Anne Arundel County, where I live, had the public parks and public facilities PG County has. And the vast majority of people who live in PG County, regardless of ethnic background, are great people. They don’t live in a pit.
I worked very closely for a number of years with multiple government agencies in a prior career. The folks from Prince George's were always great to work with. The two most difficult, stubborn, and generally miserable to work with? Arlington and Montgomery County. The entitlement complex was real and it stunted actual progress which is a big reason Montgomery County is in the hurt locker in terms of businesses leaving the area and some of the school systems decreasing in quality. Working in the private sector with a bunch of different local governments had an actual impact on me in terms of places I'd consider living knowing how the local officials operated, to be honest. I'm not saying I'm in a hurry to move to Bowie but I pretty much crossed Arlington and Montgomery County off the list.

That said, Landover is still pretty crappy, from a fan-attending-the-game perspective. Maybe it gets better with the building of the new medical center and hopefully some bars and restaurants opening around it as a result but the public transit options are limited and FedEx was recently ranked the worst (or very close to the bottom) in terms of bars/restaurants in proximity to the area. Not that Dumfries would be any better...

And they really disliked when it when someone called it PG County because of the stereotypes; they always corrected people and made sure they called it Prince George's.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I worked very closely for a number of years with multiple government agencies in a prior career. The folks from Prince George's were always great to work with. The two most difficult, stubborn, and generally miserable to work with? Arlington and Montgomery County. The entitlement complex was real and it stunted actual progress which is a big reason Montgomery County is in the hurt locker in terms of businesses leaving the area and some of the school systems decreasing in quality. Working in the private sector with a bunch of different local governments had an actual impact on me in terms of places I'd consider living knowing how the local officials operated, to be honest. I'm not saying I'm in a hurry to move to Bowie but I pretty much crossed Arlington and Montgomery County off the list.

That said, Landover is still pretty crappy, from a fan-attending-the-game perspective. Maybe it gets better with the building of the new medical center and hopefully some bars and restaurants opening around it as a result but the public transit options are limited and FedEx was recently ranked the worst (or very close to the bottom) in terms of bars/restaurants in proximity to the area. Not that Dumfries would be any better...

And they really disliked when it when someone called it PG County because of the stereotypes; they always corrected people and made sure they called it Prince George's.
Absolutely FedEx needs stuff around it to eat, entertainment. It’s just a stadium in the woods at this point.

My agency is the same when it comes to the abbreviation of PG County. But I deal with a lot of local citizens and they all say PG County. It is what it is. Just an abbreviation.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
It’s fine.

No county is all bad I definitely generalized PG county as a whole so my apologies there.

Imho the loudon county site makes the most sense and those PW sties make no sense. I figure Snyder is going to have to role back the ambitions on all the extra curricular entertainment options. Considering how bad the optics are for VA/MD/DC entities and how much they would help. Didn't he have to take out loans to buy out those minority owners? Guess he could sell the 200 acres or so at the landover site but even that is probably not enough.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
No county is all bad I definitely generalized PG county as a whole so my apologies there.

Imho the loudon county site makes the most sense and those PW sties make no sense. I figure Snyder is going to have to role back the ambitions on all the extra curricular entertainment options. Considering how bad the optics are for VA/MD/DC entities and how much they would help. Didn't he have to take out loans to buy out those minority owners? Guess he could sell the 200 acres or so at the landover site but even that is probably not enough.
No apology needed. It’s fine. Let’s move on.

Loudon at this time appears to be the best current option, and VA legislature is supposed to vote on their stadium deal today I believe, but PG County may be putting up a fight.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If I'm doing the math right, the Eagles dropped back two spots in the first, swapped two more firsts, and they gained a 2nd and a 3rd? We should do that...
I think….

its essentially 19OA and a 6th

for….

1st in ’23, 2nd in ‘24

and…

18OA, 3rd and a 7th

for…

16OA

…..or some variation….

gave up 2 1sts and a 6th

for

2 1sts, a 2nd, 3rd, 7th…

Last edited:

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

A lot of smoke around DC taking Olave in the 1st. I’m not a fan but we shall see.

Also not excited at the prospect of Olave, but would love to see a trade back to pick up another lottery ticket or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad