OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I worked very closely for a number of years with multiple government agencies in a prior career. The folks from Prince George's were always great to work with. The two most difficult, stubborn, and generally miserable to work with? Arlington and Montgomery County. The entitlement complex was real and it stunted actual progress which is a big reason Montgomery County is in the hurt locker in terms of businesses leaving the area and some of the school systems decreasing in quality. Working in the private sector with a bunch of different local governments had an actual impact on me in terms of places I'd consider living knowing how the local officials operated, to be honest. I'm not saying I'm in a hurry to move to Bowie but I pretty much crossed Arlington and Montgomery County off the list.

That said, Landover is still pretty crappy, from a fan-attending-the-game perspective. Maybe it gets better with the building of the new medical center and hopefully some bars and restaurants opening around it as a result but the public transit options are limited and FedEx was recently ranked the worst (or very close to the bottom) in terms of bars/restaurants in proximity to the area. Not that Dumfries would be any better...

And they really disliked when it when someone called it PG County because of the stereotypes; they always corrected people and made sure they called it Prince George's.

MoCo and Arlington haven't changed.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I cannot understand what NO is doing with no idea who will be there……
The didnt give up that much to have 2 picks 16-18 if they really like 2 players they scouted and gamble they will have a good record this season. Seems like a fair value.

Eagles keeps adding more picks

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Eagles keeps adding more picks
What DC should of done when Garçon and Jackson left and they knew they didn’t want Cousins. Trade all for picks. Also why the Eagles have been competing for championships this century and DC has been a door mat.

Draft picks are very important, to good teams.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What DC should of done when Garçon and Jackson left and they knew they didn’t want Cousins. Trade all for picks. Also why the Eagles have been competing for championships this century and DC has been a door mat.

Draft picks are very important, to good teams.
Don't disagree they handled the Cousins situation as poorly as they possibly could have. Wasn't the rumor that SF offered two firsts for Cousins? Bruce was awful. Hubris can be a terrible thing in business.

I'm not sure I like what the Eagles are doing, but I really don't like it for the Saints. For the Eagles, draft picks are nice but at some point they have to turn into good players. The Rams turned their RGIII haul into nothing. The Patriots were lauded every year for trading back and getting more picks but they were actually one of the worst teams of the decade in terms of drafting.

The Eagles remind of me of a worse version of the Celtics or 76ers in the NBA who were good and had a ton of draft capital and never did anything with it and watched their windows pass them by as other teams got more aggressive building their rosters. Hoarding your chips is fine but if you never put them at the center of the table or cash them out they're just useless pieces of plastic.

I could be completely wrong and we look at these few years as the foundation for the next Eagles dynasty but their roster at the moment is average, at best.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

More good news for McClaurin.

And of course RR telling us all "there's no hurry"... or "we're patient" is one of the dumbest things possible... every day they wait the price tag goes higher and higher.... Maybe they should be showing some urgency, because its TM who should be saying "I'm in no hurry here" not the team saying it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
And of course RR telling us all "there's no hurry"... or "we're patient" is one of the dumbest things possible... every day they wait the price tag goes higher and higher.... Maybe they should be showing some urgency, because its TM who should be saying "I'm in no hurry here" not the team saying it.
You’re assuming the Agent and Player aren’t slow playing also? Why would they rush unless RR wants to make him among the highest paid in the league? The market is establishing itself and TM is going to reap the benefits….

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
You’re assuming the Agent and Player aren’t slow playing also? Why would they rush unless RR wants to make him among the highest paid in the league? The market is establishing itself and TM is going to reap the benefits….

I'm not assuming that. All I said was that RR saying out loud "we're in no hurry" doesn't make sense. They should be in a hurry. If they're not, they're stupid. TM's response to that isn't my issue, I would not blame TM one bit for waiting it all out and going UFA next year, or at least waiting until the last minute before this training camp starts. In fact I expect that to happen, if he and his agent are smart.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Is Ron only ever signing and hiring Carolina people because he is as pathetic and unoriginal as Chuck Fletcher, or is it because nobody else would come here?

Yeah, probably both.

Reactions: max21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad