Confirmed with Link: Walman and a 2nd Round Pick traded to SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
20 millions is tied to Copp, Fabbri, Chiarot, Holl and Petry. The cap can be as stagnant as it wants, that's not good cap management.

Fabbri and Petry are gone next year so that's down to 12.5-13 million. Husso expires after 24/25 as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Realgud

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Fabbri and Petry are gone next year so that's doen to 12.5-13 million. Husso expires after 24/25 as well.

For now... who knows what kind of Holl/Copp signings he has in store for this summer that will add to that number.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Are you sure you are talking about Seider?
I'm still convinced that Mo will not only be a great defenseman one day, but will contend for the Norris Trophy once he really hits his stride. I'm also convinced that he's nowhere near there yet.

He's fine to play plenty of minutes with a good partner, but that's not the same thing as covering for a kid still learning the position at the NHL level (when he's still adapting himself).

In another 2-3 years I think we see a vastly improved Moritz Seider. But he should have a veteran partner for at least another season.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Anyone hoping for the playoffs next season shouldn’t be rooting for their pairing.

Unless this move I'd a pre cursor to moving a top 4 guy in, long term if the idea is to run a Webber/Suter style 27-30 minute a night top pairing it will be good to get the young men accustomed to playing with each other.

I'm not concerned with missing the playoffs for another 2 year's. When we have Kasper, Cossa, maybe ASP, and a couple others on the roster.

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I'm still convinced that Mo will not only be a great defenseman one day, but will contend for the Norris Trophy once he really hits his stride. I'm also convinced that he's nowhere near there yet.

He's fine to play plenty of minutes with a good partner, but that's not the same thing as covering for a kid still learning the position at the NHL level (when he's still adapting himself).

In another 2-3 years I think we see a vastly improved Moritz Seider. But he should have a veteran partner for at least another season.

Well, I guess we agree to disagree.

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
Which kind of crack are we talking about here?

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Unless this move I'd a pre cursor to moving a top 4 guy in, long term if the idea is to run a Webber/Suter style 27-30 minute a night top pairing it will be good to get the young men accustomed to playing with each other.

I'm not concerned with missing the playoffs for another 2 year's. When we have Kasper, Cossa, maybe ASP, and a couple others on the roster.

I agree that eventually they will need to get them playing together, but Ed hasn't played a full NHL season and Seider is at a point where having a consistent partner would really help his game. It gets worse when you look down the lineup, its so bad I have no idea which two d-men to put as a second pairing, as all combinations that come to mind would be bad.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
For now... who knows what kind of Holl/Copp signings he has in store for this summer that will add to that number.

I don't think the UFA list this year is enticing, I could see maybe 2-3 bottom pairing/bottom 6 additions on 1-2 year deals but I don't believe Stevie is targeting UFA heavy this year.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I agree that eventually they will need to get them playing together, but Ed hasn't played a full NHL season and Seider is at a point where having a consistent partner would really help his game. It gets worse when you look down the lineup, its so bad I have no idea which two d-men to put as a second pairing, as all combinations that come to mind would be bad.

I see this more like a precursor to a TB add Ryan Mck however it's spelled. Though it could also open a husso/Gibson style trade with a 2-3 year extension on Gibson.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
“Future considerations” must be some special cannabis flown from Northern California straight to Yzerman’s house in Detroit.
Mike Grier will add Yzerman's name to grace before dinner.

What is really baffling is that Grier is very new to hockey operations and even newer to running a team and somehow he got Yzerman to bend over.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I have no idea which two d-men to put as a second pairing, as all combinations that come to mind would be bad.
If the season started today, the defense would likely be:

Seider - Chiarot
Edvinsson - Maatta / Petry
Johansson - Maatta / Petry

So yeah, not great at all. I'm really hoping that a Matt Roy or a Brett Pesce is heading here, to both insulate the kids a bit and prevent Ghost from coming back.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

Holden Caufield

Oct 9, 2020
Ontario
[
Truthfully, I don’t know, but As long as the player we waived doesn’t have a No Movement Clause, I don’t see why not.

Could be someone with an NTC but not a NMC (Holl)

The only thing that could rationalize this kind of value for me is if we waive someone else we don’t want and SJS claim them as a “favour”

If San Jose has ageeed to claim Holl on waivers (to circumvent his M-NTC) then everything about this trade would make perfect sense.

Bit of a stretch and the Players union probably wouldn’t be happy… but those would be worthwhile ‘considerations.’

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
I am as perplexed by this trade as everyone else.

Couple of notes/thoughts.....

Doubt this is us waiving somebody like Holl and them claiming the waived player. They could just include the player in the trade. And if it were to be done to circumvent a no trade clause, got to imagine the players association would have a fit.

Second, unless Jake Walman has an upcoming murder/rape charge about to drop, there is no way he did something so bad that it required this trade to rid him. Waivers would of gotten the job done. If it is truly giving Jake Walman and a second round pick away, all members of the Red Wings front office have dropped the ball here, big time.

Third, hopefully the futures have something to do with cap retention of a soon to be available player, or something around a player at the draft.

Reactions: Crunchy

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I think Roy will be one of them.

Patrick Roy wants to make a comeback?? WOO HOO goalie problems solved SON

oh

oh that one

wow shit that's really cool, another sub-0.5 points per game centerman, should fit in just great right between Compher and Copp, so our lines are centered like this

1st line: Larkin
4th line: Compher
5th line: Roy (not the famous one, that other one)
8th line: Copp

sweeeet glad we flushed a top-pairing D-man to make room for...all that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad