Player Discussion Jeremy Swayman -VI .. *crickets*

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
When did Sweeney's job start hinging on a Swayman deal? Has that been brought up anywhere besides this board? If you think Sweeney has been a dick in these negotiations, that should make him a favorite with the Jacobs ownership, no? Bruins should have a top 3 blue line in the league and can survive less than top 5 sv% goaltending.

It’s not, but it does hinge on making the playoffs.

Sure they can survive less than top 5 sv% goaltending without swayman.

However going from the best goalie duo with Ullmark/swayman to arguably a bottom 5 with korpisalo/bussi, could cause them to miss the playoffs.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If Sweeney signs Sway, and overpays at this point in his career and is not capable of doing the job Sweeneys job is in jeopardy.
I must have missed the part where Sweeney lost his job because of overpaying for Backes.

I'd also say that there's a better chance Elias Lindholm's contract looks bad 6 years from now than any deal Swayman signs.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I must have missed the part where Sweeney lost his job because of overpaying for Backes.

I'd also say that there's a better chance Elias Lindholm's contract looks bad 6 years from now than any deal Swayman signs.
I am a BRuins fan first, but I must admit there a few out there you being one of them, that I would love to see Sweeney give him 10mil a year and fall on his face , I do not a injury, should he fail I will wake up every day and haunt f***s so much so that you go into hiding............hahaha

yeah maybe a bit but it's negligible
No! lets stick to high......haha

Reactions: JOKER 192

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The Hockey News:
"While the Bruins have until Dec. 1 to sign Swayman, it would be disastrous if they started the year without their No. 1."

Will it?
as dangerous as that might be , I'll take the chance.

Here's my take,

Swayman resetting the market , no, you're over evaluating yourself

That you're butt hurt over arbitration , your either spilling the BS your agent told you to spill , or your the dumbest f*** ever.

I take him to Dec 1st, have his agent explain to him thereafter how that was a smart choice.

Next year , your back on the ride.

Meanwhile idiots like Button say Sway has all the cards .

that's the same f*** who convinced the habs to take Kokeniemi over Brady Thakuck

RIDE ON BUTTON , YOU IDIOT

Last edited:

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Never seen anything like this before as a 50 year Bruin fan. Im done with this player, get rid of him if you can.

He has forever put a target on his back and will be mocked for every shit goal he gives up and will be shredded for not being able to carry the team on his back like a 10m goalie should.

The Bruins or their players will not want to deal with that going forward, he's toast in Boston.
You’re telling me you’ve never seen a Bruins related squabble over a contract since 1974?????????

And you also think the Bruins and Bruins players will turn their back on him?????

Yikes.

Deep breathes, man. Deep breathes. It’s all going to be ok.

Reactions: Pia8988

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
When did Sweeney's job start hinging on a Swayman deal? Has that been brought up anywhere besides this board? If you think Sweeney has been a dick in these negotiations, that should make him a favorite with the Jacobs ownership, no? Bruins should have a top 3 blue line in the league and can survive less than top 5 sv% goaltending.
One could assume they might not make the playoffs with their current goaltending maybe and the GM would be let go.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It hasn't, and that wasn't my point. His job doesn't hinge on this deal getting done.

But his job security will very much be impacted by what happens if they don't sign Swayman. If he trades Swayman and Swayman is a Vezina candidate goalie elsewhere that's not great for Don. If the goalies that replace Swayman aren't good that's really bad for Don, too.

All of which is leverage for Swayman now.
all contingent to how that works out .

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
IMG_0675.gif

Reactions: lopey

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
Not a Bruins fan but they are my home team regardless, to say I don't care would be lying, those who know the team in and out, what the heck is going on ?

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Tell that to Brad Marchand. How many more years do you think he has?
What? He's 36. He knows what is going on. We made the playoffs last year with 0 top 6 centers on the roster. Now we might have two, and our defense might be the best in the league. People are losing their minds.

Reactions: lopey

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
narrator: it isn't

And the organization has just told you as much.

Sweeney has countless more RFAs to sign in the future. He's not setting a very bad precedent here letting bad agents hold the process hostage. You don't cave here because of the next 20 deals. That's all there is to it.

Sway can sit and nuke his career, which is finite. Give it a go kid.
This is never how it works when it comes to the pillars of your team.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
What? He's 36. He knows what is going on. We made the playoffs last year with 0 top 6 centers on the roster. Now we might have two, and our defense might be the best in the league. People are losing their minds.
Yes he's 36 with injuries piling up. He has at most 2 years after this one. I didn't say that they wouldn't make the playoffs without Swayman (but it's definitely a possible outcome) just that this year is absolutely 100% playoffs or bust.

Like you said, they just signed Lindholm and Zadorov. Over 12m in free agency and not making the playoffs would be absolute disaster.

Just depends on if you like their chances with Korpisalo or not.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
as dangerous as that might be , I'll take the chance.

Here's my take,

Swayman resetting the market , no, you're over evaluating yourself

That you're butt hurt over arbitration , your either spilling the BS your agent told you to spill , or your the dumbest f*** ever.

I take him to Dec 1st, have his agent explain to him thereafter how that was a smart choice.

Next year , your back on the ride.

Meanwhile idiots like Button say Sway has all the cards .

that's the same f*** who convinced the habs to take Kokeniemi over Brady Thakuck

RIDE ON BUTTON , YOU IDIOT
If I recall correctly, when Byron Dafoe was at loggerheads with the Bruins over a contract, he fired his agent and renegotiated his own deal. Front office has accelerated the deadline from December to 8 October. If Korpi stands on his head tonight, that might spark better discussions between the sides with one week left to go. If he sieves out, it is another talk altogether.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Yes he's 36 with injuries piling up. He has at most 2 years after this one. I didn't say that they wouldn't make the playoffs without Swayman (but it's definitely a possible outcome) just that this year is absolutely 100% playoffs or bust.

Like you said, they just signed Lindholm and Zadorov. Over 12m in free agency and not making the playoffs would be absolute disaster.

We arent building a team around Brad Marchand. Not sure what you are panicking about. Bussi might not be around but we can make the playoffs without Swayman. We have $8.6 million in cap space to figure it out with.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018

Marchand, at 36 is recovering from three offseason surgeries, and recently had double hip surgery, and you are saying he has two more years after this one, uuuummm, after mull that one over, but getting back to Sway, the Bruins need a RW, a goal scorer and at any time a Marchand replacement, that is why you pay Swayman, a fair contract but you will need to fill those needs that I have mentioned. But I know you and Sway kid , and others only mission is to sign your boy crush.

SwayHeyKid

Mar 14, 2022
I am a BRuins fan first, but I must admit there a few out there you being one of them, that I would love to see Sweeney give him 10mil a year and fall on his face , I do not a injury, should he fail I will wake up every day and haunt f***s so much so that you go into hiding............hahaha

No! lets stick to high......haha
If we Bruins fans took every bad contract signed to heart nobody would survive. Like I said it's sports, doesn't affect my real life in the least

Reactions: Pia8988

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad