Confirmed with Link: Walman and a 2nd Round Pick traded to SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Is that "legal" in the eyes of the CBA?

Truthfully, I don’t know, but As long as the player we waived doesn’t have a No Movement Clause, I don’t see why not.

I think that's an okay term to have as "future considerations." If that's the case, I'm not sure why we wouldn't just include the cap dump in the trade directly though.

Could be someone with an NTC but not a NMC (Holl)

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I just find it odd that we didn't even try waiving him first if it was just about dumping Walman. Giving up a 2nd without even attempting to when even Vrana got waived and only cost a 7th to dump is surprising.

Walman wasn't great last year but it was also a huge mismatch to have him getting the level of assignments he and Seider were getting.

Hope Yzerman has more coming. If not I'm a bit baffled by this one.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
But they need their defensemen to actually play defense more than they need the offense Ghost brings.
Is Walman that guy though? One could also argue that the more the Wings can play with the puck and create offense, the less they need to defend. Ghost helps with puck movement.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Maybe this is set up for Holl to be picked up on waivers by San Jose….He has a no trade clause but could be moved through waivers….Have to wait and see.

Maybe this is set up for Holl to be picked up on waivers by San Jose….He has a no trade clause but could be moved through waivers….Have to wait and see.
Would make a lot more sense in hindsight.

I thought we would trade a few D this offseason, the only two I thought would be of negative value were Petry (if he somehow got moved) and Holl.

Did not expect in 1M years that Walman held negative value. Unless it’s a gentleman agreement for them to pick up Holl as well, there must be some unknown off ice issues to Walman’s life that the media hasn’t quite picked up on yet.

Still will miss him doing the Griddy in OT against MTL next season…..

Reactions: LongTimeDRWF

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
I told you all Wallman was gone.

He put himself in the dog house somehow, and when a player does that, Yzerman doesn’t keep you around.
A few months back - just after the reg season - I read a post on Reddit...A poster there apparently knows a current Red Wing and during Larkin's injury late in the season the locker room was uneasy and apparently Walman was part of the problem which is likely why he saw little playing time those last few weeks.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
A few months back - just after the reg season - I read a post on Reddit...A poster there apparently knows a current Red Wing and during Larkin's injury late in the season the locker room was uneasy and apparently Walman was part of the problem which is likely why he saw little playing time those last few weeks.
Reddit so the classic “trust me bro” source.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
I think the whole Yzerman paying Grier to take on Holl is intriguing...

But wouldn't it make more sense to make the trade after they claim Holl?

What if Grier just changes his mind and calls Yzerman and goes "SIKEEE". Though I supposed it could've gone the other way too....

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020

What if Grier just changes his mind and calls Yzerman and goes "SIKEEE". Though I supposed it could've gone the other way too....

I would laugh and then cry and never trust anyone ever again.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
maybe he took a piss in the zamboni room :DD
if there were off-ice issues the club didn't want to have to deal with any more, we're unlikely to ever hear about it. Even when we know a dude has issues, we rarely get specifics. Or maybe the guy sucks way more than we realized and the rest of the league had a way different view on him than a lot of us did. That happens, too.

I thought the guy had way more value than this. It sucks that he didn't. Oh wel

• Wow
Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

That’s why I don’t buy this as a move to facilitate a future move. Like if a good player falls to San Jose why would they skip drafting that player? They didn’t trade for the 14th pick. Same thing with claiming a player in some unseen future. If they were going to do it they would have done it at the same time they made the trade.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Is Walman that guy though? One could also argue that the more the Wings can play with the puck and create offense, the less they need to defend. Ghost helps with puck movement.
I wasn't implying that Walman was great defensively. Just that Ghost is a sieve, and even if he scores 30 goals I don't want him on the team (at least as a defenseman).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad