Post-Game Talk: Walking cane

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Candy Cane Busting Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
I looked at their board (which is actually just like six or seven diehards). They’re not worried about the rangers. It was a ‘scheduled loss’ and the rangers are garbage. In fact the Devils are going to mop the floor with the rangers in the playoffs (if the rangers get that far).

LOL. Of course.

Coming off a long break vs playing 4 games in 6 nights with this ass whipping coming of a back to back?

Reactions: tlk and egelband

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Good win. For awhile I was thinking it was bad, but then I remembered it was the second of a back to back and the 3rd of a 3 in 4 with travel and all against playoff teams. Rangers hung in there through 2 and just were the calmer team in the 3rd. No pressure, just simple.

The Canes are very interesting to me. They are a fantastic team. Play hard. Hit. Little chippy. They play this almost 5 man forecheck that is very aggressive. However, if you can reverse, get the red line and dump it, because their whole team is so aggressive they have trouble coming back in their end. It's like they are equally susceptible to both the stretch game and a dump game cause they just don't know how to retrieve the puck in their zone. Now, granted, they may be up by 2 goals before you even get to their end for the first time, and that's another thing that you have to get through. They come out hard, so the first 5 minutes need to be managed.

They strike me as a team that takes itself very seriously. They are good, and they like other teams thinking they are good and giving them that respect. I think it frustrates them, especially once the 3rd period comes, that the Rangers are a team that really does not care about their opponent. Not that they don't take them seriously, but they really do just play their game and I think it gets in the Canes head. I can't explain it any other way but the last 2 to 3 years these teams just play the best games against each other.
The Rangers don't care who they are playing and are a confident team. They are in the Canes heads after their 4th straight win against them. I don't care how many SOG they have because the Rangers get plenty of high danger chances and can bury them. The Rangers just dominated that 3rd period when they were on a B2B with travel and 4th game in 6 days and Canes had 10 days off. The Canes are good but I'm sure they don't want to face the Rangers again in the playoffs.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Carolina is not a fraud team you knuckleheads. They have the second best record in the league. They were riding a 7 game winning streak but just lost to one of the best teams in the league.
Not a fraud team but their lack of elite talent will hold them back.

Reactions: egelband

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Vesey had a very good game. He was all over the ice.

Big for Breadman to have a career night hopefully this propels him

Kid line good again, happy Kakko just shot the puck with the EN. Take the goal. Nothing wrong with that.

Mikko looked good. That pairing was pretty effective against a very good team.

Halak, what can I say. He’s playing his role well and he’s made some big saves along the way. Very encouraging and needed after a dreadful start

I think the Rangers are starting to get into the Canes heads

Draft Guru

Feb 27, 2002
Long Island
I looked at their board (which is actually just like six or seven diehards). They’re not worried about the rangers. It was a ‘scheduled loss’ and the rangers are garbage. In fact the Devils are going to mop the floor with the rangers in the playoffs (if the rangers get that far).

The scheduled loss here was for the Rangers.

Back to back with travel. 3rd in 4 nights. Backup goaltender. Playing a well rested team who was 9-0-1 in their last 10 and had won 7 straight.

We weathered the storm and embarrassed them in the 3rd.

Most impressive win of the season IMO

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
They are drinking massive amounts of copium. I guess they conveniently forgot that they have lost the last 4 games against the Rangers and we dominated the 3rd period despite them having 10 days off and the Rangers playing B2B games with travel and 4 in the last 6 days. That was a statement win.

Reactions: egelband

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
streak busters

the canes announcers were simulcast on NHL Network, and they were super salty.

Just another reminder that we are spoiled with Sam & Joe. Sam is way past his prime and Joe can be pretty clunky at times but at least they are professionals.
I have been streaming all the games this season and the majority have been the opposing streams and man are they always salty or making excuses. Really shows how professional Sam and Joe are and we take them for granted.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I have been streaming all the games this season and the majority have been the opposing streams and man are they always salty or making excuses. Really shows how professional Sam and Joe are and we take them for granted.
What lame excuses could the Carolina announcers have when they had 10 days off and were playing a team that just played their 4th game in 6 days and were dominated by that tired team in the 3rd?

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Who's the dude who had Canes, Devils, Pens in the eternal pessimist parlay?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Jimmy Vesey at 3 years 800k per (this year plus his 2 year extension) is legitimately one of the best value contracts in the whole league. What this guy has done to make himself a legitimately good support player is pretty great. Really happy for Jimmy. He very easily could’ve flamed out of the league after he bounced around for a while.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Jimmy Vesey at 3 years 800k per (this year plus his 2 year extension) is legitimately one of the best value contracts in the whole league. What this guy has done to make himself a legitimately good support player is pretty great. Really happy for Jimmy. He very easily could’ve flamed out of the league after he bounced around for a while.
While I agree with you he should be on the 4th line. He played well tonight though

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Bananas! Rangers came out pretty strong. Inevitably the rested team bounces back but the rangers hold the fort. Floodgates.

Stay tuned for the Carolina apologists to tell us the long layoff is a problem.
Clearly the layoff is why they lost, despite the fact the Rangers played last night and had to travel to Carolina and played their back up goalie.

While I agree with you he should be on the 4th line. He played well tonight though
Ideally yes, but he has the ability to move up and down the lineup and be effective. He's similar in that sense to Goodrow except he only costs almost 1/5 of what Goodrow does against the cap (I like Goodrow too, just saying). Having a guy like that at just 800k is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad