3 Candy Cane Busting Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It's getting pretty annoying still seeing people, not only fans on her and twitter, but legitimate media people on podcasts and radio and stuff - still referring to the Rangers as a BAD 5v5 team that is carried by Igor and the PP. It's like the narrative on a team gets set and nothing will change it for people.

The team is good 5v5. They're not world beaters but they're healthily in the meaty part of the curve. The PP is top of the league generating chances but is middle of the pack in percentage so I'm not sure why people keep saying it's carrying the team. And Igor has been fine this season but he's not stealing every win like last year.
yeah, it takes years for NHL narratives to wear off.

Our PP is ass this year, Igor is good but not great, and we're a stong defensive team, and do a lot of damage 5v5.

Then again people still call us a fast team which hasn't been true since like 2019

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

AlaBlueShirt

Mar 14, 2018
I really don’t mind breaking up that first line. Last year Tarasenko was great playing with Kyrou and to be honest I think him and Chytil could be a solid pair. This would also give Kakko a chance to move back with Kreider and Zibanejad. If Panarin can keep up the pace he had with Tro and Vesey we’re solid. That line was like a more physical version of the Panarin - Strome - Fast line and I loved it. All the 4 goals were results of defensive plays that led to turnovers. Vesey got 2, Trocheck 1 and Miller 1. Bread is such a skilled forward that he can and with that paycheck he should carry a line by himself.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
There was a greater chance of the US shooting down two UFO spacecraft in the past two days than there was Gallant letting Panarin/Zibanejad/Tarasenko be a thing longer than two games.
Which of these choices are the highest probability;
1. GG to trio. Okay guys, gonna try you together. If you dont score at least 3 goals, I am going to have to split you up.
2. Gotta spread the wealth, NEED to get Vesey going.
3. Bread woke up, because he is deathly afraid of not being the best Russian on the ice.

Surely I jest, or........ am losing it. Because that was one helluva win!
I am very proud of them

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I don't think the first was terrible we had quite a few terrific chances the second was like "holy shit wtf".
Yeah, I didnt think so either. They outshot us (thats what they normally do league wide) but we had lots of odd man rushes.
Halak made some good saves, some really good BUT, it really felt like an even period. We actually got better as the game moved along.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
Damn Daniel! What a shellacking! That Panarin-Trocheck-Vesey line was EN FUEGO.

Low-key: Gauthier played a FANTASTIC game. The only thing I would change about this team right now is waiving Leschysyn. He's the lone weakness.
That was Gauthier's kind of game. Now if he could only finish. Lol.

But as a 4th liner you can't ask for much more.

Panarin Trocheck Vesey is a great line because it forces the very deferential Panarin to shoot more. Anything that induces Panarin to look for his shot is a good thing.

KEEP that line going GALLANT!

There is some size/toughness on that line with Vesey/Tro....enough speed...and that opens up some space for Panarin. The other guys arent elite shooters and need Panarin to score.

I like that line bc if we get Artemi scoring that will be a huge upgrade from last years scratch and claw for goals playoff run.

Tarasenko in theory should be another bonafide scorer especially when he settles in.

Carolina came to play yesterday that wasnt rust as the main reason we beat them. We simply outclassed them . That is a character and talent win right there in their building.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
GG gets ripped on here every day about his lineup decisions by some people

He changes things mid game and puts Panarin back with Tro, it paves dividends immediately and carries through the rest of the game

Does he get credit for making that decision or are people still gonna just whine about Kravtsov?

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I was killing Panarin early in the game because he was doing dumb, lazy Panarin things. He shut my ass up.

Also, for those concerned about Tarasenko being invisible. Remember, while this was a b2b with travel for the whole team, Tarasenko had another whole trip that involved uprooting his whole life thrown on top. A couple days off here should do wonders for him.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
yeah, it takes years for NHL narratives to wear off.

Our PP is ass this year, Igor is good but not great, and we're a stong defensive team, and do a lot of damage 5v5.

Then again people still call us a fast team which hasn't been true since like 2019
The team has been slow for stretches this season but when they’re rolling they’re actually incredibly fast. I’ve never seen a rangers team as fast through the neutral zone. Not always. Some opponents do a good job clogging the NZ. But the last few games they’ve been shockingly fast.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
2107B010-9922-4B90-8149-679642F7C645.gif

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Yeah, I didnt think so either. They outshot us (thats what they normally do league wide) but we had lots of odd man rushes.
Halak made some good saves, some really good BUT, it really felt like an even period. We actually got better as the game moved along.
The Canes shoot a lot. It’s a solid plan and time tested. Shoot and hunt rebounds. Wish the rangers would do a little more of that. Like, I dig what the team is doing but would like 15-20% more get-the-puck-on-net-and-hunt-rebounds. It opens up things, at least.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Idk what was more improbable coming into tonight, 4 goals for Panarin or 1 for Sammy Blais
Think the improbability factor goes to Panarin. Anybody can score a goal. Sammy proved that, kind of wish we had him 1 more year.
Maybe we can trade with the Blues to get him back.

The game is called........ follow the bouncing Blais.

Reactions: egelband

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
carolina fans get pissy thinking they dominated the other team when they lose, but if u play so aggressive and the other team beats that aggression, they give up a f*** ton of A+ chances. carolina had more shots, but we had breakaways, 2 on 1s, and great chances near the net that we converted on.
Just check out the NHL official game recap. Most of the highlights are of the Rangers chances. Carolina spent a lot of time mucking and cycling but didn't outchance the Rangers. Halak and the D kept them from converting that forecheck into a scoring chance.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Just check out the NHL official game recap. Most of the highlights are of the Rangers chances. Carolina spent a lot of time mucking and cycling but didn't outchance the Rangers. Halak and the D kept them from converting that forecheck into a scoring chance.
Yeah. Rangers had the more exciting chances. Carolina was in the rangers’ faces and certainly right there. Game could have gone either way. Not to mention the ass-tastic officiating. But it was a lot closer than the final score. Halak was terrific too. Like, rock solid. And it gave the team an extra boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad