W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Ha, I thought Kucherov was recovering from off-season shoulder surgery, and unavailable for on-ice training. Last I heard last week is that all he was doing was riding the stationary bike.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
I don't understand this decision.

Sure, he'll learn the NA game faster....but how much is Kucherov gonna be challenged in the QMJHL? I could see this move if he was younger but he's already a 1993.

That's the reason Khokhlachev went back to the KHL. And Kucherov > Khokhlachev.

Skylimit

Oct 5, 2009
Ha, I thought Kucherov was recovering from off-season shoulder surgery, and unavailable for on-ice training. Last I heard last week is that all he was doing was riding the stationary bike.

nah

Kucherov said last week he is on the ice and skates.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
I don't understand this decision.

Sure, he'll learn the NA game faster....but how much is Kucherov gonna be challenged in the QMJHL? I could see this move if he was younger but he's already a 1993.

That's the reason Khokhlachev went back to the KHL. And Kucherov > Khokhlachev.

Was Kucherov likely to recieve any time with CSKA? His last year wasn't exactly the ideal situation.

Is there even room for Kucherov with the Remparts? Grigorenko hasn't made the NHL yet and i can't imagine Quebec would release Sorensen.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Guess Sorensen is the odd man out if Grigorenko returns from Buffalo...

Sorensen will fetch a good return and Quebec wants to host the Mem Cup 2015, Sorensen won't be there in 2015. They'd better start over with two new imports in 2013-14 and they'll be at their best for the Mem Cup year in 2014-15.

Fulcrum

Was Kucherov likely to recieve any time with CSKA? His last year wasn't exactly the ideal situation.

Is there even room for Kucherov with the Remparts? Grigorenko hasn't made the NHL yet and i can't imagine Quebec would release Sorensen.

There is 3 forward spots for youth in CSKA KHL team for him to win/loose. Not to mention he could play in VHL with adults if he didn't make it for some reason, and not go back to junior hockey.

Last year was actually ideal opportunity wise, except for his endless injuries. He wasn't physically ready for KHL at ~167 lbs.

I have to agree with Zine, I can't see how this would help his developement. Last year would make more sense, but at this point? Knowing his game style, which is largely positional hockey, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets painted with the "lazy russian" stereotype at some point.

Good luck to him. Hopefully he'll be with the Succesfull group of imports, and not fall to the "failed" group.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He's going to tear up the league. Shows he's committed to playing in NA, which is great, but might not be the best move for his development.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
There is 3 forward spots for youth in CSKA KHL team for him to win/loose. Not to mention he could play in VHL with adults if he didn't make it for some reason, and not go back to junior hockey.

Last year was actually ideal opportunity wise, except for his endless injuries. He wasn't physically ready for KHL at ~167 lbs.

I have to agree with Zine, I can't see how this would help his developement. Last year would make more sense, but at this point? Knowing his game style, which is largely positional hockey, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets painted with the "lazy russian" stereotype at some point.

Good luck to him. Hopefully he'll be with the Succesfull group of imports, and not fall to the "failed" group.

I'd be interested to see the different success rates of Russian Junior imports in NA of those who go at 15/16 and those who guy at 18/19. I wonder if there is a difference.

Those who go at 19 ; it honestly feels almost desperate sometimes, rather than a well thought through plan.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
why play with kids when hes got a good chance to play wit adults in khl. koko goes to the khl for that reason and he does the opposire. well, moronic decision but its his career. what can i say:whatever:

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
did quebec also get brandon shea?

this team now has duclair, grigorenko, kucherov, erne, sorensen in their top 6?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
did quebec also get brandon shea?

this team now has duclair, grigorenko, kucherov, erne, sorensen in their top 6?

They can't have Grigorenko, Kucherov and Sorensen... they'll have to choose 2 between those 3.

But potential first two lines could be

Duclair (2013) - Grigorenko (BUF' 1st - 2012) - Kucherov (TBL' 2nd - 2011)
Erne (2013) - Shea (2013) - Shaw (FLA' 3rd - 2011)

Fulcrum

why play with kids when hes got a good chance to play wit adults in khl. koko goes to the khl for that reason and he does the opposire. well, moronic decision but its his career. what can i say:whatever:

Especially with CSKA. I can't think of many, if any better teams for the youth in KHL right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad