W Joshua Roy - Laval Rocket, AHL (2021, 150th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I read the article, Boisvert and Audette knew he had talent, but they still prefered Trudeau, they didn't anticipate the quality prospect he's now.

Trudeau did well this year. 0.5 ppg as a dman in the ahl in his d+2 year is pretty good

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
I'm quite impressive to say the least. 5g and 9pts in 4gp. Hope his play translates well to the NHL

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
When is the last time a 5th rounder looked that good, that early?

Under rated in his draft year. Personally I think he ends up as the Habs most productive forward in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Dutronc

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal

Under rated in his draft year. Personally I think he ends up as the Habs most productive forward in 2-3 years.
Could be but I do think he tops as a 60 pts forward so I hope Habs would have 2-3 players more productive by that time.

I am actually not happy at how overprotective the team is with him. If Slafkovsky made the team at 18, Roy can certainly make it at 20.
Roy would literally be our 3rd best forward right now (after Suzuki and Caufield).

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013

The knock was the skating, he surpassed that, improved it to a decent level but everything else considerably improved. When a guy like Bedard praises you as something else and hails your IQ, you know you're on the right path.

Reactions: Essenege

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Gallagher. Mark Stone went 6th round and looked great immediately. It's not unprecedented but usually there's a reason. Gallagher and stones talents were known but skating was questioned. Roy likewise was seen as lazy because of a poor draft season. Obviously he's the opposite after three straight summers of addressing the weak points of his game and physical attributes.

I counted Roy out a few times because of things I saw and didn't like, then those things didn't exist the next time I saw him play. I am not going to count him out anymore, or maybe I should since he always does the opposite of what I expect.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Gallagher. Mark Stone went 6th round and looked great immediately. It's not unprecedented but usually there's a reason. Gallagher and stones talents were known but skating was questioned. Roy likewise was seen as lazy because of a poor draft season. Obviously he's the opposite after three straight summers of addressing the weak points of his game and physical attributes.

I counted Roy out a few times because of things I saw and didn't like, then those things didn't exist the next time I saw him play. I am not going to count him out anymore, or maybe I should since he always does the opposite of what I expect.

Yeah great examples, although Gally wasn’t as productive right away in the A and Stone was PPG in his second season.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013
Such a weird player to watch. It’s like he does everything in slow motion but nobody can out-think him. His instincts are just absolutely elite. Looks like he’s got ice in his veins too, cuz his poise is incredible. That was as on full display on one of his goals last night, where he was mid-deke and when the goalie opened up into lateral movement, he just casually flicked the puck into a hole.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
People will be surprised how Roy is solid on his skate and very strong physically, yes he was overweight but i think he packed a lot of muscle on his draft year.

Reactions: Dutronc

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
Such a weird player to watch. It’s like he does everything in slow motion but nobody can out-think him. His instincts are just absolutely elite. Looks like he’s got ice in his veins too, cuz his poise is incredible. That was as on full display on one of his goals last night, where he was mid-deke and when the goalie opened up into lateral movement, he just casually flicked the puck into a hole.
His game is very cerebral. You can tell he sees the ice and players around him at a high level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad