W Joshua Roy - Laval Rocket, AHL (2021, 150th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Roy's play without the puck is not impressive, wich means he's not gonna be a Toews or a Bergeron. But there is a lot of nhl players that are not impressive without the puck that I would take on my team.

Also the guy drives the net and takes hits to make a play, he's already playing an nhl game.
I think he is not asked to do too much defending. He is always the one stretching the D.

Offensively, I think his play without the puck is very good. He finds space and gets open.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Both can play either wing, but not sure I would put them on the same line.

This was my first thought as well since you would have 2 smaller wingers on the same line, not great for puck battles on the boards or in the corners.

Reactions: montreal

DollardStLaurent

May 15, 2014
" While the production may indicate that Roy has elite upside, I still have my doubts. There are always junior players that produce at a high level and fail to translate that to the NHL, especially QMJHL alums, as the defensive play in the Quebec league generally offers forwards ample time and space to execute their plays. I really liked Roy’s performance at rookie camp prior to the season, and I think he has a solid foundation to his game, providing him with the relatively high floor of a bottom-six contributor, with time on the second powerplay unit. However, I do not see any elite qualities in Roy’s game."

Sebastian High - Dobber Hockey

Reactions: wetcoast

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
IMO he would likely go between 8-15. This is assuming you could just change current Roy to be younger without losing any ability. He's clearly a better player currently than recent 1st rounders from last year. The only reason he would even be that low is worries about his game and pace translating to the NHL. Personally I think he'll be a Toffoli type player with better playmaking.
I think he's need to be just a few days younger to be in this draft

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
" While the production may indicate that Roy has elite upside, I still have my doubts. There are always junior players that produce at a high level and fail to translate that to the NHL, especially QMJHL alums, as the defensive play in the Quebec league generally offers forwards ample time and space to execute their plays. I really liked Roy’s performance at rookie camp prior to the season, and I think he has a solid foundation to his game, providing him with the relatively high floor of a bottom-six contributor, with time on the second powerplay unit. However, I do not see any elite qualities in Roy’s game."

Sebastian High - Dobber Hockey
His hockey sense in the ozone seems elite to me, but that’s pretty hard to project without seeing him against real NHLers

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
His hockey sense in the ozone seems elite to me, but that’s pretty hard to project without seeing him against real NHLers
I guess you're right. That guy is right about the fact that Roy had all the time in the world to make plays in the offensive zone all season long and even in the playoffs though, especially on the Powerplay where he scores about 50% of his production (6 of his 14 points so far in the playoffs). It sucks that he can't play in the AHL next season. Roy does have iq in the offensive zone, he uses time, space and teammates well. But I'm really curious to see how he will react with a fraction of that time and space. Obviously, he will use what's given to him and we won't be able to really see what he can really do until he's in the AHL.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He already showed flashes in training camp (even tho i realize it's not the same lvl of competition), he was probably our best prospect.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Joshua Roy > Shane Wright.
Now and in the future.
AINEC

Their age difference is like just 4 months.
Joshua Roy is having a monster 18 year old season.
- has clocked almost 140 points this season already

56 goals, and 80 assists, is +52, with 350 shots on goal

Its not just his goals and points, his style of game, how he plays.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
Joshua Roy > Shane Wright.
Now and in the future.
AINEC

Their age difference is like just 4 months.
Joshua Roy is having a monster 18 year old season.
- has clocked almost 140 points this season already

56 goals, and 80 assists, is +52, with 350 shots on goal

Its not just his goals and points, his style of game, how he plays.
This. Is. Bold. Lolll

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
IMO he would likely go between 8-15. This is assuming you could just change current Roy to be younger without losing any ability. He's clearly a better player currently than recent 1st rounders from last year. The only reason he would even be that low is worries about his game and pace translating to the NHL. Personally I think he'll be a Toffoli type player with better playmaking.

If he was I think 2 weeks younger he'd be in this upcoming draft. And toffoli with better play making sounds good to me. 25 goals but day bump up assists by 10. 25 goal 50-60 point winger is a W for the Habs 2nd line.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm not sure what the Habs do with Roy next season. Dominated the Q with 119 pts and better than 2 PPG (16 pts in 7 games) currently in the playoffs. He needs more of a challenge than the Q but he needs a lot of work before he is NHL ready. He's in no man's land next season. May as well burn a year off his ELC and put him in Laval IMO.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I mean its bold as you said and in french we say : ce mec a des couilles!!

But I think he's right. Roy have the same exact upside of Jo Huberdeau. Just need to put the effort.
I mean, better AINEC then the upcoming 1st overall pick is bold regardless what your opinion is of the player, this is coming from a huge fan of Roy.

Reactions: Toene

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad