W/C Zachary Benson - (2023, 13th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
2G, 1A tonight. Really racking up those PP points.

He is a very interesting prospect but came here to say that Winnipegs PP will be wicked this year with OA Connor McClennon on the team and probably Savoie coming back soon.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
He is a very interesting prospect but came here to say that Winnipegs PP will be wicked this year with OA Connor McClennon on the team and probably Savoie coming back soon.

Yeah I mean they were a powerhouse last year and I think they will have everyone back basically once Savoie comes back.

Reactions: Dominance

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Yeah I mean they were a powerhouse last year and I think they will have everyone back basically once Savoie comes back.

Well,... they have not had these top players from last season;
Savoie, Milne, Smallwood, Finley, Lambos and Orzech

4 / 6 their top 6 forwards and their 2/3 top 3 D

those 4 combined : 133 goals, 156 assists, 289 points.
those 2 combined : 16 goals, 74 assists, 80 points

huge difference, yet Benson is through first 3 games
3 goals, 3 assists, 9 points, +6, with 10 shots on goal.

They have had 9 rookies

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
It's clear that Benson has an off-the-charts hockey IQ. I've seen some sites rank him as one of the top 5 IQs in the draft. Would anyone rate a top 10 player with the highest IQ in this draft? Just for curiosity.

Last edited:

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Thoughts on how he’s looked the first 10 games? 11 points is frankly a little disappointing for a player of his skill level

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
It's clear that Benson has an off-the-charts hockey IQ. I've seen some sites rank him as one of the top 5 IQs in the draft. Would anyone rate a top 10 player with the highest IQ in this draft? Just for curiosity.

I think Benson has the #1 hockey IQ in the draft but is behind other top 10-15 picks in many other areas. However I wouldn’t say he has any glaring weaknesses, just nothing stands out like the IQ. In my opinion he’s a very very safe pick. He should be a surefire top 6 winger.

Reactions: JotAlan

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I think Benson has the #1 hockey IQ in the draft but is behind other top 10-15 picks in many other areas. However I wouldn’t say he has any glaring weaknesses, just nothing stands out like the IQ. In my opinion he’s a very very safe pick. He should be a surefire top 6 winger.
Yeah he wasn't the fastest skater, best scorer. But his defensive play is amazing, as well as his consistency.
When we talk about hlinka cup, talk about his linemates' goal, it's hard to ignore that Benson's hard work led to the goal.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I’d put Michkov 1, then Benson in the conversation at 2 with Bedard and Carlsson. Michkov’s hockey IQ is insane, Kucherov-esque, who IMO is in the convo for highest hockey IQ in the NHL.

Reactions: JotAlan

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Really hoping he lands in PHI assuming they pick in the 5-10 range. His Iq level would mesh well with Cutter Gauthier .

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Really hope the habs can grab this guy if we don’t pick top 4!

He’s out producing Savoie pretty considerable not only this year but in the D-1 seasons too

Reactions: alasania94

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
What's scary about a guy like Benson is he still appears so physically immature. At every level, he's dominating against guys stronger and more developed than him. Personally don't think he's near showing what he's capable of, versus guys in this draft whose talents are realized. Would take him top five and not look back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad