W/C Zachary Benson - (2023, 13th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
What's scary about a guy like Benson is he still appears so physically immature. At every level, he's dominating against guys stronger and more developed than him. Personally don't think he's near showing what he's capable of, versus guys in this draft whose talents are realized. Would take him top five and not look back.
This is a good point.

I've never seen this kid play but I'm notoriously distrustful of guys that physically mature too early and are able to use that maturity to dominate rather than their skills and mind.

This is a good sign for this player.

Reactions: JotAlan

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
4 points again through 2 periods.

62 in 36 overall. Tied with Cristall for second in the league.

27 points on his current 12 game streak.

He also tried a Zegras flip pass today but a defender broke Savoies stick in half on the swing attempt. :laugh:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

He also tried a Zegras flip pass today but a defender broke Savoies stick in half on the swing attempt. :laugh:
26 points in his last 11 games (2.40 ppg).
Has a had a good run, hopefully lasts rest of the season.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
What Cristall and Benson are doing would make them 1st overall caliber prospects in a lot of other drafts. Reminds me of Marner in 2015, where he lit up the OHL but because McDavid was doing crazy things he wasn't really all that hyped. But both these guys have tremendous upside. Cristall is like a carbon copy of Giroux and Benson reminds me of Keller and maybe Point?

I would have taken both of these guys 1OA last year.

Crazy that the top 4 scorers in the WHL are all draft eligible players. What a crazy draft for western Canada.

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013

Kinda fun that the top 3 scorers in the WHL are all BC boys expected to go in the first half of the first round this draft.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
What Cristall and Benson are doing would make them 1st overall caliber prospects in a lot of other drafts. Reminds me of Marner in 2015, where he lit up the OHL but because McDavid was doing crazy things he wasn't really all that hyped. But both these guys have tremendous upside. Cristall is like a carbon copy of Giroux and Benson reminds me of Keller and maybe Point?

I would have taken both of these guys 1OA last year.

Crazy that the top 4 scorers in the WHL are all draft eligible players. What a crazy draft for western Canada.
It's also crazy that both Cristall and Benson could not even being drafted in the top-4 of this upcoming draft. And even with guys like Smith will be fighting for 5th overall.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
It's also crazy that both Cristall and Benson could not even being drafted in the top-4 of this upcoming draft. And even with guys like Smith will be fighting for 5th overall.

Im definitely thinking about Benson in the top 4…

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Bedard Even strength points - 43
Benson Even strength points - 43
Cristall Even strength points - 39

Quick note.

Bedard has no drafted prospect to play along side with or another up and coming fellow draftee. He’s doing it himself.

The same with Andrew cristall. He has Dach as a teammate but he’s been injured and he’s 23 points ahead of the next player who is a 23 draft eligible.

Benson has 1st rounders Conner geekie

• Haha
Reactions: Lavar Ball

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Quick note.

Bedard has no drafted prospect to play along side with or another up and coming fellow draftee. He’s doing it himself.

The same with Andrew cristall. He has Dach as a teammate but he’s been injured and he’s 23 points ahead of the next player who is a 23 draft eligible.

Suzdalev is drafted and quite talented, though I am not sure if he's a career NHLer quite yet. Howe is also seems like a good long term complimentary guy.

I think Regina's true weakness is their defensive depth, it's piss poor after Svozil, so any time he isn't on the ice the forwards have to do almost all the work to transition and score.

Regardless, Benson's crew is definitely superior all around and he has more help than either dude. I do think Benson is excellent along the entire length of the ice, something Bedard and Cristall aren't. If he was even above average as a skater, he'd be talked about as a possible franchise winger more regularly.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Quick note.

Man Tanner Howe and Suzdalev get no respect. Both are very very good players.

Szturc is also a very good player for Kelowna.

The common misconception is for people to look at Benson and point to Savoie or the team around him. No, it’s actually Benson that carries his line. He’s the best player on the ICE and it’s not close. Savoie and Geekie have actually been pretty disappointing. I was hoping for big steps forward from them but it hasn’t happened. Savoie has been better recently but idk how much of that can be attributed to playing with Benson.

Benson has played primarily with Savoie and Nash/McClennon the last 20 or so games. Savoie’s game didn’t come around until that point

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
???

Tanner Howe is a projected top 10 pick next year. Suzadalev was drafted in the 3rd round. On the backend, Svozil was a 3rd rounder.
0% chance Tanner Howe is a top 10 pick next year, early second rounder at best.

Bedard plays with Howe and Valis at 5v5, or at least has for the majority of the season. In terms of help, Cristall and Bedard definitely have WAY less help at 5v5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad