W/C Zachary Benson - (2023, 13th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I’d currently rank him easily top 10, with an argument for top 5.

“Probably top-20” implies you have ~15 players ahead of him, no? If so … who would they be?

Bedard, Michkov, Yager, Heidt, Ritchie, Fantilli, Musty, W. Smith, Stenberg, Dvorsky, Danielson, Carlsson, Nurmi... We only have 13 here, and I didn't even pay attention to the d'mans

However, he is a great prospect. It has good potential. But come on, it's still far away, everything can change.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bedard, Michkov, Yager, Heidt, Ritchie, Fantilli, Musty, W. Smith, Stenberg, Dvorsky, Danielson, Carlsson, Nurmi... We only have 13 here, and I didn't even pay attention to the d'mans

However, he is a great prospect. It has good potential. But come on, it's still far away, everything can change.

No one ever names him, but I’d be shocked if Charlie Stramel is not a top ten pick.

Reactions: JotAlan

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The kid has almost twice as many points as Bedard in 3 fewer games. He's 4th in the WHL by PPG. All three guys ahead of him are 19 yo, with two of them are almost 20.

Benson is a great talent but one really can't take anything from the point difference as they play on different teams, Regina doesn't have the skill players to compliment and have Bedard succeed on the score sheet as Benson does in Winnipeg plain and simple.

You have seen Bedard perform at the WJC-U18s and certainly know all of this right?

Reactions: Dominance

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Benson is a great talent but one really can't take anything from the point difference as they play on different teams, Regina doesn't have the skill players to compliment and have Bedard succeed on the score sheet as Benson does in Winnipeg plain and simple.

You have seen Bedard perform at the WJC-U18s and certainly know all of this right?

Well, at this age kids sometimes transform in mere weeks. Mostly in positive way of course.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Hat trick and assist today so far in the U17 tournament in Ottawa. Having a pretty good tournament (although I’m not sure what anyone will be taking from this tournament). 3 GP (in progress), 5 G 1 assist

edit: he finished the game with 3 goals 4 assists :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubbles

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
FYI, Hockey Canada has all of the games up to stream. I was able to watch the gold game here in the States. Benson was everywhere, looked really good and it seemed like the coaches had him out there every other shift. Kid really impressed in my first chance to watch a full game!

Reactions: Halfy and JotAlan

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
FYI, Hockey Canada has all of the games up to stream. I was able to watch the gold game here in the States. Benson was everywhere, looked really good and it seemed like the coaches had him out there every other shift. Kid really impressed in my first chance to watch a full game!

Really good to hear!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad