W/C Zachary Benson - (2023, 13th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It seems like his timing is off as one would expect after a long layoff. Some of his puck control wasn't crisp and he had some plays he normally completes slip away from him last night and in the first MJ game as well. Still, great to see him back and rust is to be expected.

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Thanks for answers.
Tbh he’s not a mine type of player. Yeah, I’m an old school guy, and there’s no place in my universe for a players shorter than 6’2 hahaha. But Benson’s compete level is off the charts. Has some trouble with top end speed, but it’s easy to fix with good skating coach

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Benson got injured by being thrown into the boards. It's every teams nightmare scenario when drafting a small player and it happened right before his draft.

Maybe it never happens again and a team gets rewarded with a brilliant topline winger, but it's worrying.
Plenty of players would get injured getting plowed from behind into the boards

Reactions: Chainshot

ginomini

May 25, 2014
I always thought the common idea that small players get injured more
often was completely flawed.
Playstyle gets you injured, not size.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How many players like him do you see leading a team to a stanley cup.

Not many.

Small and average skating.

You do however see highly intelligent and highly competitive players leading teams to a Stanley Cup who aren't big too. It's if a team thinks they are able to add muscle and to get his top end speed up, not just his short area burst, they'll have a helluva player.

Reactions: jj cale and JotAlan

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Not many.

Giroux, Marchand, Point, Kane, Aho, Kaprizov, Panarin, Kucherov, Crosby, Pavelski, Schwartz, Kuznetsov, i guess is a pretty good list.

Also hes not an average skater, he above average, hes just small and people wont call a small player a good skater unless he skates like Mcdavid.

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Skating is personally my biggest issue with Benson. Smaller guy and not an elite skater combination to be specific. However, all other tools he has are between great and good. He has to be able to beat guys in fair 1v1 battles where can not rely on speed so much in NHL, so pace of play, compete etc need to be top notch if he wants to be impact player.

He has tools that are worth good pick in draft but if you ask me, he is going to be a guy that falls in the draft due to NHL gm's preferring centers, size, skating speed and d above him.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Not many.

That Brayden Point guy was pretty good. Same with Kucherov. If I recall, 5'9 behemoth Brad Marchand won a Cup and went to some finals.

I loooooove the fact that his profile seems to be dropping. He's my homerun pick for the Canucks at 11.
He is The Guy if available at 11.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
That Brayden Point guy was pretty good. Same with Kucherov. If I recall, 5'9 behemoth Brad Marchand won a Cup and went to some finals.

He is The Guy if available at 11.
Point and Kucherov are both 71"". Why doesn't anyone ever point on Kucherov's height? Oh, because Point isn't actually a Small Player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad