Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael8771*

So, no conclusive news on Maatta I guess. Haven't been around much this weekend but I don't think it's season ending.

Michael8771*

And Sid having the mumps is no real suprise if you look at how this team mishandled him here. Some things never change.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The worst part about Sid getting the mumps is that you know its going to spread to other players on the team.

I wonder who's locker is next to Sid's, that who i would put my money on for the next pens player to have the mumps.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Brassard has the mumps now as well. We played the Rangers a week ago with infected Crosby, but the incubation period is longer than that, so it can´t be Crosby who infected him. The obvious answer there is Tanner Glass.

Malkin112*

The worst part about Sid getting the mumps is that you know its going to spread to other players on the team.

I wonder who's locker is next to Sid's, that who i would put my money on for the next pens player to have the mumps.

it's usually 3-4 per team. so Crosby, Malkin, Letang and Fleury

Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 37m37 minutes ago
AV on Brassard: "Maybe it’s because we played against Pittsburgh on Monday and he goes head-to-head against Sid. Maybe Sid gave it to ‘em."

Seth Rorabaugh retweeted
Pat Leonard ‏@PLeonardNYDN 40m40 minutes ago
Vigneault on Brassard: "He woke up this morning and got the mumps." #NYR

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Brassard has the mumps now as well. We played the Rangers a week ago with infected Crosby, but the incubation period is longer than that, so it can´t be Crosby who infected him. The obvious answer there is Tanner Glass.

Yeah, Sid will most likely get blamed for every case of the mumps from now on in with only some of them being because of him, but that's Glass. If anything Glass may have infected Sid because that gift will never stop giving.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah, Sid will most likely get blamed for every case of the mumps from now on in with only some of them being because of him, but that's Glass. If anything Glass may have infected Sid because that gift will never stop giving.
That sounds about right, no joke. We played the Rangers on November 15th. Incubation period is 2-3 weeks.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
lol at vigneault seriously trying to blame crosby when a player on his team just had it. what a joke

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
lol at vigneault seriously trying to blame crosby when a player on his team just had it. what a joke
He doesn´t even know what the incubation period is with mumps, apparently.

Crosby might have infected some NYR players in that game, but Brassard is surely not that case. It was 6 days ago.

But yeah, he loves Glass as much as Bylsma did, so he just refuses to blame him :laugh:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Somewhat grotesque, this.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. Would have really like to have Sid available for the first Tampa show-down of the year, but then again it will be even more gratifying watching Malkin do his customary Lightning wrecking if he is flying solo on that mission.

lludfujgqwpzbf2seed8.gif

kifupxi485irt2azywee.gif

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Could be wrong, but I want to say its Duper and Kunitz. Almost 100% on Dupuis.

So for the purposes of communicable diseases in the last week, nobody sits at the stall next to him.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
So this board is Rossi's source?

I did the math the day before, believe me, I know. :laugh: :cry:

It makes too much sense in a Penguins way that it would be Glass.

Multiple sources:

1. The guy Cole quoted
2. Cole quoting a guy
3. Me referencing Cole quoting a guy earlier today

Etc etc

GreatjonUmber

Mar 9, 2013
Elmore, VT
Would I be remembering correctly that Maatta was ahead of schedule when he came back from his first shoulder surgery? Is it possible he came back before he should have?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Dr. Amesh Adalja, an infectious disease physician and a senior associate at the UPMC Center for Health Security, has been closely following the NHL mumps outbreak and figured Crosby had mumps as soon as he saw a picture of the team captain Friday.

http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/7333776-74/crosby-mumps-vyas#ixzz3Lw8y336e

No ****. B-b-but it wasn't bi-lateral. Bi-lateral I say!

I'm not usually a Dejan fan, but he saw through the b.s. here:

Views: He was allowed to practice with the team Friday and cleared to play that night by the team’s medical staff. Man, good luck explaining that one, ladies and gentlemen.

For obvious reasons, I’ll focus on football today. But I’ll say this much right now: I don’t doubt for a second that lying was part of this process. And when lying about injuries/ailments is an accepted — no, mandated — part of the culture in Gary Bettman’s NHL, this sort of thing can result.

http://dkonpittsburghsports.com/2014/12/14/newsviews-crosby-diagnosed-mumps/

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think this was more incompetence than trying to be sneaky, they risked their own team and staff more than anything. They really ****ed up, maybe they've lied after the fact but I think the "it's not mumps, the tests said it's not mumps" was unfortunately true. Lying to keep him playing or something is less embarrassing than thinking that swelling wasn't a massive symptom.

Would I be remembering correctly that Maatta was ahead of schedule when he came back from his first shoulder surgery? Is it possible he came back before he should have?

I think he came back within the schedule. If memory serves it was 4-6 months and everyone assumed it would be 6 months but he was close to 4. He still could have come back too early, I suppose, but I don't know if he did and idk how much that would have to do with chipping a bone.

iirc Pouliot also came back well before the 6 month mark after a slightly more complex surgery.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
Klinkhammer has a locker next to Sid. Madden asked him about it Friday after the Calgary game. Said he didn't mind sitting next to him...:facepalm: The poor basterd. Welcome to the Burgh

Malkin112*

No ****. B-b-but it wasn't bi-lateral. Bi-lateral I say!

I'm not usually a Dejan fan, but he saw through the b.s. here:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-sidney-crosby-ducks-mumps-20141214-story.html

Francois Beauchemin said:
Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin isn’t a doctor, but when he saw the photos of returning NHL MVP Sidney Crosby's facial swelling on social media two nights ago, his diagnosis was immediate.

“Obviously, it looks like mumps symptoms,†Beauchemin told the Los Angeles Times. “That’s exactly how the mumps started for me and for the rest of the guys, that same swollen jaw and glands.â€

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
The Mumps vaccine is still 88% successful... even with the pens Rotten luck they couldn't have more than maybe 5 or 6 other players who could get this...Right?... and The CDC says it doesn't have a connection on how its spreading over all these teams.....I blame dirty puckbunnies..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad