Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I think it was meant to be a thinly veiled joke at Sid have no balls. Which is ridiculous. You can't play or work with Mumps.

Orchitis, or swelling of the testes, is a rare but serious side effect of mumps and can lead to sterility. It's a serious medical question.

lettuceAA

Dec 16, 2010
Have been busy at work and haven't been able to keep up with the updates. Is Sid expected to be playing by next Tuesday?

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Orchitis, or swelling of the testes, is a rare but serious side effect of mumps and can lead to sterility. It's a serious medical question.

From anyone else. it would be taken that way, it just fits the pattern of tteot's weirdness when it comes to Crosby.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

Meningitis is another side effect of mumps. Yet TTEOT's first thought is Crosby's genitals- so much so that he mentions it twice.

Same dude that won't stop bringing up Sid being gay.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
I feel like TTEOT has been trolling us posting here pretending to be a Pens fan. Bizarre hombre.

I am somewhat annoyed with this team's medical staff and it's "diagnoses" of stuff.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
It's actually a different medical staff that diagnosed/responded to the diagnosis of Crosby's concussion/broken vertebrae. That staff was canned and replaced.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Meningitis is another side effect of mumps. Yet TTEOT's first thought is Crosby's genitals- so much so that he mentions it twice.

Same dude that won't stop bringing up Sid being gay.
#1 That's really odd.

#2 Just a gut feeling, but I think Crosby would've revealed his preferences by now if he was gay (source):

"It's not something we've discussed a whole lot. For me growing up in Canada, my view has always been that way. I think that everyone has an equal right to play and I think we’ve been supportive of that. With the Olympics and the controversy around that I think those decisions and those laws aren’t necessarily something that I agree with personally -- their laws and their views."

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I feel like TTEOT has been trolling us posting here pretending to be a Pens fan. Bizarre hombre.

I am somewhat annoyed with this team's medical staff and it's "diagnoses" of stuff.
He definitely does. For a long time. It´s Ted Leonsis in his avy, btw.

To the topic..
Such a shame that the question like "How long has Sid been playing through mumps? And how much had it affected his play?" wasn´t asked..

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Thought they ruled out mumps...man what a bad medical staff we got. Did we pick them up off the street or something? Now the whole team is going to have them knowing us.

BrookswasHere44

Jun 22, 2009
So IF Maatta does indeed have an injury in same shoulder...is the type of injury one that can linger around and pop its ugly head up throughout his career or would this be chalked up to a bad like type situation with it getting hurt again. I realize this is all speculation until injury is confirmed

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
I mean, WTF? I've been among the last to believe this team is cursed with injuries/illness even though the evidence strongly suggests it. I've been willing to say that injuries happen and that sooner or later it will even out and we will go a season being relatively healthy. That was four years ago, and it keeps getting worse.

Now Sid has a disease that affects one in 20,000,000 people (a stat I completely pulled out of my arse). I give up, we're cursed.

If you play for the Penguins you run the risk of concussion, cancer, random broken bones, pulled groins, bad shoulders, ACL's being destroyed, blood clots, strokes and now apparently, the mumps.

I'd run out and get a malaria vaccine if I played for this team. One mosquito loose in CEC and we won't be able to ice a lineup.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
It's actually a different medical staff that diagnosed/responded to the diagnosis of Crosby's concussion/broken vertebrae. That staff was canned and replaced.

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. They got rid of the ones who ****ed up that time and now the new ones have this season (mumps, Kunitz going around on a broken foot and possibly Maatta's shoulder being messed up again after coming back so quickly). Was the same person involved in both medical staff decisions? :laugh:

He looked like he had mumps during an outbreak in the NHL but the tests came back negative, maybe you question the test results and dig deeper. If it was the NHL or JR who put a stop to him playing Friday that's ridiculous, Crosby's face looked fake and the medical staff was still okay with him playing. The ****ing internet keyed into it before they did.

They obviously get things right (they're experts in blood clots) but then this happens.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
So IF Maatta does indeed have an injury in same shoulder...is the type of injury one that can linger around and pop its ugly head up throughout his career or would this be chalked up to a bad like type situation with it getting hurt again. I realize this is all speculation until injury is confirmed

If ColePens source is accurate, it's not the same injury but rather a byproduct of the surgery to repair the injury.

He originally tore his labrum, which is kind of a tendon type thing. This new injury is a cracked bone as a result of drilling into the scapula to re-attach the labrum. So, same general area, but technically a different injury.

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Pens Medical Staff: "We did tests, it's not Mumps"
Two days later: "Yeah, yeah it's Mumps."

Are the Pens Medical staff secretly being paid by the Flyers?

ObsessedCreative*

Pens Medical Staff: "We did tests, it's not Mumps"
Two days later: "Yeah, yeah it's Mumps."

Are the Pens Medical staff secretly being paid by the Flyers?

The head of the Penguins medical staff...

07-minister.jpg

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
I know it's a new medical staff that isn't related to the clown-job that was the Crosby Neck/Concussion incident.

But my goodness, different group, same incompetency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad