Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
For the record, I also tend to believe Maatta is a superhuman finnish wolverine... He will supposed to be out for the season then will play in two weeks or something... so far every injury he has had, he has come back earlier than expected IIRC...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
i really don't think it's the mumps. I really think the only reason he's sitting is because people saw the pictures and were like OMG YOU'RE GOING TO CREATE A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE ON THE ICE IF YOU PLAY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Cole's SUPER SECRET SOURCE: he's been tested multiple times. It's been negative. It would require such an unlikely set of events for him to have the mumps.

Besides that, the RIGHT SIDE of Crosby's face looks like he has the mumps. If you look at all the other mump victims, it affects BOTH SIDES.

People need to calm the **** down and stop freaking out over ****.

lol I must say though, we have to give props for the source being correct multiple times, but we always have to take a bit of speculation when discussing it.

Problem with the interwebz is people need answers now, eh? lol

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Couldn't be something do with his shoulder that he had surgery on?

My worst fear is that it is something related to his cancerous lump on his thyroid. I hope not.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
He seemed off when he came back, they may be making adjustments to his meds. Hopefully its a temporary thing.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
If it is bone chips , they have to make sure there isn't an immediate risk to sharp bone fragments causing ligiment or muscle damage, if so then they operate, best I can tell from med sites that probably ends his season, though I guess if it was in the right spot it could be less significant...

As for Sid, the thought crossed my mind that they don't want to say Mumps because that more or less wipes out him playing through most of the holidays and ticket sales are usually up for everyone during the holidays...

It would be incredibly irresponsible for the team to expose other players to a communicable disease. (This type of thing really ****** me off because I have a cousin who is deaf because his mom contracted measles from one of her students while she was pregnant).

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
lol I must say though, we have to give props for the source being correct multiple times, but we always have to take a bit of speculation when discussing it.

Problem with the interwebz is people need answers now, eh? lol

it's the worst. Nothing has time to marinate. Every play defines a career, every injury has to be diagnosed and dealt with in 5 seconds. It's impossible (for me, anyhow) to enjoy anything anymore. We have Fast News to go with our Fast Food

Joejosh999

Mar 13, 2014
The only thing I can think of thyroid related for Maatta is that they want to give him a radiation scan to see if his cancer has spread. This takes a couple of weeks of going off meds altogether. During that time you're too tired to do anything much less play NHL level hockey.
The good news is the radiation dose will wipe out the cancer if indeed it has spread.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I thought MJ said he was injured during the Devils game? Could be wrong.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
If Crosby does in fact have mumps, what is the usual recovery time for something like that? How long would he be expected to be out of the lineup?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
No gift. I just realized that the dates don't go Day/Month/Year in the table. I feel so betrayed.

I'm an American dammit! And it's center, color and imperial units forEVAH! :laugh:

::EDIT::
And deep fry all the things!!!

Last edited:

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah, but '111120km Under the Sea' just isn't very poetic now, is it? :p::laugh:

The proper unit of measurement flows quite well and I actually know what it means. :laugh:

Seriously, a league is 3 miles on land and 3 nautical miles at sea, a nautical mile is 1.15078 miles which is 6076.12 feet. For god's sake I had to google it and it's not even an official unit of measurement any more. :laugh:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 48m48 minutes ago
#Pens Coach Johnston on Olli Maatta: "They’re still running tests on him and trying to get a second opinion with the injury."

This is confirmation that it's serious injury

Interesting. Leads me to believe there's something to that rumor about a serious injury or re-injury to his shoulder.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I swear Craig Adams is sitting there with a voodoo doll and as Pens players lose their health he somehow sucks their health points up like that one magic power on Skyrim. :laugh:

Just amazing all the **** players on this team have went through over the years and Adams could get run over by a train and play the next shift.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I swear Craig Adams is sitting there with a voodoo doll and as Pens players lose their health he somehow sucks their health points up like that one magic power on Skyrim. :laugh:

Just amazing all the **** players on this team have went through over the years and Adams could get run over by a train and play the next shift.

He never takes a hard hit because he's usually really behind the play and he only tries to lay a hit when the situation is perfect.

GoodKnight

QOTSA
Apr 2, 2014
Own Personal Hell
My face when i saw the update on my phone saying sid had mumps

g_man_loves_windows_by_pengydashbeat-d6labrh.gif

This sucks

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
It's sid. So this will be the worst mumps case in history and he'll miss the rest of the season.

Dude has terrible healing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad