Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
What are the odds of him having "something which looks like the mumps but isn´t the mumps" DURING the outgoing mumps epidemy ?

probably pretty high. it's december. people get sick. he's allergic to antibiotics. people saw his neck and freaked out, otherwise he'd be playing tonight. if he had mumps he would be in significant pain. he's not. he's had this for over a week. it's a ****ing regular illness, he's trying to take some stuff to speed up getting over it and having an allergic reaction. he's fine, and now he's gonna sit out because all the doctors on twitter know more than what i'd guess are a half dozen tests by now

Last edited:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
On December 2nd, the Penguins played the Devils at home. Adam Larsson played for the Devils in that game. He (Larsson) was diagnosed with mumps shortly after it. So, there´s that.

When did Sid's neck lump appear in regards to that?

So help me god if this medical staff can't diagnose mumps and Sid has been going around infecting everyone.

From here:
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/?id=689401

According to the date, 3rd December, so a day after.

Oh FFS...

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
if he was allowed to play it would definitely be one of those games where the opponent wouldn't hit/touch/go near him. and he could threaten to cough on anyone who was bothering him.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
before we jump to conclusions on Larsson or whatever, what's the incubation period, etc... for the mumps?

I think we should just let this play out. He's been tested multiple times. It would require multiple false negatives at this point.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
So it's mumps and something went wrong with the testing?

I really hope this isn't something that makes us all wish it was mumps.

I wonder how long it takes for test results to come back, and the incubation period before it would show up in the tests.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
before we jump to conclusions on Larsson or whatever, what's the incubation period, etc... for the mumps?

I think we should just let this play out. He's been tested multiple times. It would require multiple false negatives at this point.
I remember that there were some tweets about Crosby not feeling well right before that Devils game. So, maybe he was already infected that time and that would mean that it wasn´t Larsson. Incubation period can last 2 weeks, so that might be a good point.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Q: What is the incubation period and period of infectiousness?
A: The average incubation period for mumps is 16-18 days, with a range of 12–25 days. Fever may persist for 3–4 days and parotitis, when present, usually lasts 7–10 days.

Persons with mumps are usually considered most infectious from 1-2 days before until 5 days after onset of parotitis.

Full Q & A: http://www.cdc.gov/mumps/clinical/qa-disease.html

Parotitis = inflamed salivary gland = swelling

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I remember that there were some tweets about Crosby not feeling well right before that Devils game. So, maybe he was already infected that time and that would mean that it wasn´t Larsson. Incubation period can last 2 weeks, so that might be a good point.

i really don't think it's the mumps. I really think the only reason he's sitting is because people saw the pictures and were like OMG YOU'RE GOING TO CREATE A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE ON THE ICE IF YOU PLAY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Cole's SUPER SECRET SOURCE: he's been tested multiple times. It's been negative. It would require such an unlikely set of events for him to have the mumps.

Besides that, the RIGHT SIDE of Crosby's face looks like he has the mumps. If you look at all the other mump victims, it affects BOTH SIDES.

People need to calm the **** down and stop freaking out over ****.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Honestly, I may very well be horribly naive about this, I can live with that, but regardless of repeated negative blood test, at the point where his face blows up like that, I would keep him away from Malkin unless I knew for sure what other ailment caused it. Just for precaution. You know?

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Wouldn't have anything to do with Larsson. Crosby was sick before that.

On December 2nd, he and Bortuzzo missed the morning skate because they were both 'under the weather.' He was sick before the Devil's game even started.. Unless he was randomly hanging out with Larsson the night before, he wouldn't have had any contact with him prior to actually getting sick.

Edit: See it was already mentioned.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I wonder how long it takes for test results to come back, and the incubation period before it would show up in the tests.

www.cdc.gov/mumps/clinical/qa-disease.html
A: The average incubation period for mumps is 16-18 days, with a range of 12–25 days. Fever may persist for 3–4 days and parotitis, when present, usually lasts 7–10 days. Persons with mumps are usually considered most infectious from 1-2 days before until 5 days after onset of parotitis.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Mumps/Pages/Symptoms.aspx
The symptoms of mumps usually develop 14 to 25 days after a person is infected with the mumps virus (the incubation period). The average incubation period is around 17 days.

So if it's the mumps we're probably looking at somewhere before the Devils if lumpy I was the first sign. What dates did they play the Rangers, you ask?

Nov. 11th
Nov. 15th
Dec. 8th

Glass was diagnosed/it was reported Nov. 29th. :laugh:

GarrettC

Feb 1, 2009
I will be shocked if it isn't mumps. I've had it, it only affected one side of my face. That's not the only area it affected though. Maybe he developed orchitis couldn't get his jock on for tonight's game.

PSUPEN

Apr 1, 2013
i really don't think it's the mumps. I really think the only reason he's sitting is because people saw the pictures and were like OMG YOU'RE GOING TO CREATE A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE ON THE ICE IF YOU PLAY HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Cole's SUPER SECRET SOURCE: he's been tested multiple times. It's been negative. It would require such an unlikely set of events for him to have the mumps.

Besides that, the RIGHT SIDE of Crosby's face looks like he has the mumps. If you look at all the other mump victims, it affects BOTH SIDES.

People need to calm the **** down and stop freaking out over ****.

The classic symptoms of mumps include parotitis in about 50% either unilateral bilateral, which develops an average of 16 to 18 days after exposure.
Not freaking. Unless the official Pens source state lab result are negative he appears to have classic symptoms.

Love all of the speculation and drama!:D

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This team is cursed. Find a new spot to build a new arena, please. The burial ground the CEC is built on is wreaking havoc with this franchise.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Sill probably out a couple of weeks at least, per MJ post game presser, with an upper body injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad