Injury Report: Vol. II (Updates in First Post) | Fleury, Bortuzzo + Määttä Being Tested for Mumps

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
At this point I don't trust our medical staff enough to take their word for it. Show us the blood work.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Sinus infection, I guess? The tooth thing is unlikely, or the Penguins would have said something.

Seriously, based on what I heard about mumps is that it's painful as ****, so I would be pretty surprised of he really had it based on him showing up to practices. But I never had it, so who knows.

Sooooo, I am German, we get mandatory (free!!!) vaccinations at school for things and I never had anything worse than chicken pocks, but okay, I agree, if it is supposed to be seriously painful, I'd expect Crosby to be responsible enough about it.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Sooooo, I am German, we get mandatory (free!!!) vaccinations at school for things and I never had anything worse than chicken pocks, but okay, I agree, if it is supposed to be seriously painful, I'd expect Crosby to be responsible enough about it.

Same as in Canada so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Sinus infection, I guess? The tooth thing is unlikely, or the Penguins would have said something.

Seriously, based on what I heard about mumps is that it's painful as ****, so I would be pretty surprised of he really had it based on him showing up to practices. But I never had it, so who knows.

Yeah, outside of half of his face being 10x its normal size, he seemed fine in that video. It obviously wasn't his decision to sit, so whatever it is can't be bothering him too much.

Kiith Nabaal

Oct 11, 2013
According to the Mayo Clinic:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/mumps/basics/causes/con-20019914

The cause of mumps is the mumps virus, which spreads easily from person to person through infected saliva. If you're not immune, you can contract mumps by breathing in saliva droplets of an infected person who has just sneezed or coughed. You can also contract mumps from sharing utensils or cups with someone who has mumps.

Unless someone who had it was breathing in his face roughly a week or two ago, he shouldn't have it.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
crosby doesn't have mumps. i'm pretty pissed that he's sitting out because people freaked out over some pics

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Somebody wakes me up when the Penguins organization diagnoses, reports on, and treats a single injury competently.

I'm actually more frustrated by this team's inability to administer injuries than I am about the plethora of injuries themselves to our star players over the last 5 years.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
There was more to the Sid interview than was shown . His last words...."I am NOT an animal".

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
damn... i read that crosby's cheek was swollen but didn't realize how swollen. what the **** does he have?

and now we know what he would look like if he was fat...

Last edited:

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
I have just gone through about the last 4 or 5 pages of this thread since I last looked at it. And I must say with 100% accuracy there is a lot of humor here.

Just hope there is no 1:00 news conference scheduled for Monday. If so then we will really get the bad news.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
crosby has at this point had multiple tests. unless you seriously think he's had multiple false negatives, he doesn't have mumps

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
On December 2nd, the Penguins played the Devils at home. Adam Larsson played for the Devils in that game. He (Larsson) was diagnosed with mumps shortly after it. So, there´s that.

When did Sid's neck lump appear in regards to that?

So help me god if this medical staff can't diagnose mumps and Sid has been going around infecting everyone.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
What are the odds of him having "something which looks like the mumps but isn´t the mumps" DURING the outgoing mumps epidemy ?

well he did have a broken neck during the concussion epidemic... so decently good odds?

if it is a sinus infection... isn't crosby allergic to antibiotics?

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Looks like the case to me.. :help:

It could be something else, but with this team... you always expect the worst and that something stupid may have happened.

Ultimately I just hope it isn't really serious, like it makes mumps look nice in comparison serious. But Crosby's allergy (?) to a lot of antibiotics can't be good. This season has had cancer and a pulmonary embolism; last season was a stroke and two players with blood clots. :help:

Adams will of course be immune.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
well he did have a broken neck during the concussion epidemic... so decently good odds?

if it is a sinus infection... isn't crosby allergic to antibiotics?

Probably Penicillin, my dad has that problem too and can't take most antibiotics but I remember reading that somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad