Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Apr 10, 2012
Inner Space
I really, really need to stay off the main boards. Same trolls repeating the same thing that has been addressed at least 20 times (A conservative #) by flyers fans. And yet all they is continue to spew the same falsehoods. LOL CAP?

hckyplayer8

Don't bang the glass
Mar 26, 2011
Grand Forks,ND
Well thats good to know that he finally realized where he was strongest, only took till 28. Lets hope Schenn's learning curve isn't that long.

Jeff Carters worse season was a 21 goal, 34 pt season in which he didn't play the entire season and the majority of it he played in Columbus.

Yeah he is just garbage.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Jeff Carters worse season was a 21 goal, 34 pt season in which he didn't play the entire season and the majority of it he played in Columbus.

Yeah he is just garbage.

Wasn't talking about season, talking about being successful on the Wing. It never panned out in Phillys no matter how many times they tried. I'm assuming he didn't play wing in Columbus.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Wasn't talking about season, talking about being successful on the Wing. It never panned out in Phillys no matter how many times they tried. I'm assuming he didn't play wing in Columbus.
Didn't he spend most of his time in Columbus injured and sulking? And I don't think wing was really a plan here. I really think the plan was to have carter and Richards be 1-2 centers. I think we toyed with it without committing. My memories of carter are very blurry and skewed by game 6 (ill never get over that.)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Didn't he spend most of his time in Columbus injured and sulking? And I don't think wing was really a plan here. I really think the plan was to have carter and Richards be 1-2 centers.

Well I know Briere couldn't pay wing to save his life, and basically kept getting in the way. Carter at the 3C would be kind of wasteful. I remember them trying over and over again for wing so they can get him in the top 6.

Patrick Division

Jan 13, 2008
NJ
I really, really need to stay off the main boards. Same trolls repeating the same thing that has been addressed at least 20 times (A conservative #) by flyers fans. And yet all they is continue to spew the same falsehoods. LOL CAP?

I saw that too. Im staying away...for now.

TheDrizzle81

Nov 13, 2008
Marlton NJ
Well I know Briere couldn't pay wing to save his life, and basically kept getting in the way. Carter at the 3C would be kind of wasteful. I remember them trying over and over again for wing so they can get him in the top 6.

Richards would have been 3C being the two way guy.

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008

Its really bad. I have learned VL is MAYBE a 40 point player on the decline who is injury prone, too old, lazy, and can't skate and Dupius is the best all-around player in the game. And the Flyers have cap problems because people can't use capgeek and the Pens don't because the same posters can use capgeek. Also, a NMC on a contract is the ultimate deal breaker.

Just a quick summary for those of you smart enough to stay away.

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Woke up and the main board got even dumber. Apparently Vinny is a 3rd liner now.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Panaccio on sports rise this morning (CSN) says one of Coburn or Mez has to go cause they Flyers don't have the cap space. He also says this is a problem now cause they have too many center and one of them and a d-man could be packaged for another d-man.

I guess he's never heard of LTIR or payed attention long enough to realize that Schenn has been used as a winger for a while and really hasn't been much more productive at C then at a wing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the fact that this guy still has this job is one of the new seven wonders of the world.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Panaccio on sports rise this morning (CSN) says one of Coburn or Mez has to go cause they Flyers don't have the cap space. He also says this is a problem now cause they have too many center and one of them and a d-man could be packaged for another d-man.

I guess he's never heard of LTIR or payed attention long enough to realize that Schenn has been used as a winger for a while and really hasn't been much more productive at C then at a wing. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the fact that this guy still has this job is one of the new seven wonders of the world.

I think one is gone for cap & room.

Your top 6 no longer can have mesz and coburn in it.

schenn/streit
timonen/coburn &/or Mesz
gross/gus

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

It almost looks like he's one of those main board trolls

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
We really need to get some cheaper contracts on defense. We can't continue to be paying our 4th, 5th, and 6th defenseman 4.5, 4, and 3.5. Gus should help us with that this year replacing meszaros hopefully, but we would still have grossmann and coburn taking up a good amount of cap space to be our 4th and 5th defenseman. I'm not saying they can't fit under our cap but that is a lot for those three guys for what they bring

Giroux It

Mar 30, 2013
Elizabethtown, PA
We really need to get some cheaper contracts on defense. We can't continue to be paying our 4th, 5th, and 6th defenseman 4.5, 4, and 3.5. Gus should help us with that this year replacing meszaros hopefully, but we would still have grossmann and coburn taking up a good amount of cap space to be our 4th and 5th defenseman.

I think the problem we have is we can't just move them because well nobody wants them. I don't too many teams who want #3-5 Defensemen with stupid cap hits, and two of which have concussion issues.

Akanon

Apr 15, 2012
Another good one from the Habs forum talking about how Vinny is a coward and only went to Philly because of the lower taxes and the fact that the media and fans don't care about hockey here so he can go out and party and be a primadonna and no one will care. Idk about taxes in Montreal, so they may have a point about that. But as far as the media and fans are concerned...if VL thinks he will be an anonymous face in the crowd by coming to Philly, he will be sorely mistaken. It will be less than it would be in MTL, for sure, but the Philly media is definitely one of the toughest to deal with in the NHL.

I saw this picture in the Habs forum or in the main board...

fp0630_hockey_salaries9401.gif

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I was dreading this... and not an advocate in the first place, but the more I think about it, I am pleasantly surprised, bordering on happy.

4.5 is ok value... maybe 1 less year would have been perfect. If we offload Mez that is the cap hit.

I mean, the guy has been unbelievably consistent in PPG over the last 5 years, is a 65-70 point a year guy and has experience.

So long as we can keep our youth, (which is my only concern) no problems with this.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
My buddy sent me a text last night something like "Vinny L, 5 years, 4.5 mil, NMC."

My initial reaction was rage because of 5 years and a NMC to a 33 year old player that we don't need. But honestly I said I would take him at max 4 years, and max 4 mil. This realistically was as close to that as we were going to get.

He works well as a 2nd line center, or someone to put on wing with Giroux down a goal late in the game. It keeps Couturier at 3C where he belongs for now, and $4.5 should be a steal for his production the first couple years.

That really is the key though. He needs to play at a 60+ point level for the next 2 years at least for this to be a good deal. By the time the 4th year rolls around he'll be a winger or 3C, and hopefully the 5th year will be spent in Tampa, unless he's somehow still productive.

The good thing is that the cap should jump next offseason, and his cap hit will be much easier to deal with, and there are plenty of guys signed to higher cap hits that aren't as good.

The best way to look at this for me is this: If I said you could trade Birere for Vinny straight up, TB was going to pay some of the contract so you have $2 mil in extra cap space, but you have to keep him for 2 years longer than you keep Briere, would you do it?

I think I would.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I'd take Couturier off the point on either PP. He looked TERRIBLE when playing it. Just keep the 1st PP together which was amazing last season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad