Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
So Vinny at the age of 33 signs for 5 years at 4.5 and its a horrible deal. Pitt signs Dupuis for 4 years at 3.75 and its a great deal? Well they both will be 38 at the end of their deals? HF, I hate you sometimes(all the time)

I see this too on the main boards. We get Vinny below cost, it's a bad deal. Money and/or term, you name it, it's bad (compared to the Streit deal, which is absolutely bad in my opinion, this deal is good). Dupuis is nothing more than a coattail player and his new deal is on par with the deals of the Joel Ward/Brian Bickel/P-A Parenteau's of the league. Don't get it? Haters got to hate I guess.

Edit: I'm also reading the comments on Vinny's defense compard to Danny B. A f...ing stationary tombstone is a better defensive player than Danny. We signed Vinny for his help in shoring up our 5-on-5 play and somewhat help with face-offs not his D, which is already just by size alone better than Danny. Added bonus, these idiots think we got the replacement for Couturier. Pathetic.

Last edited:

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
Great signing. I didn't think we had a chance of singing him. I always felt we needed another good forward and especially someone who could win faceoffs!

Now find another goalie....

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
so I just need to know what number he is going to wear so I can order his Jersey. great player, OK cost (nmc again though ,really Homer?) now one more d man (a good one not f ing buskins) and a quality back up(sorry boucher) and this team goes on a run next year.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
So did I miss anything tonight guys? :sarcasm:

I don't hate the deal. I'm not all over it in a positive way...but its not terrible. He'll certainly help the team and I've always LOVED him as a player. But I would have loved for guys like Raffl, Noebels, Cousins, and Straka to duke it out for a spot.

I'm interested to see what Petr Straka can do in camp. He's my dark horse candidate to make the roster.

kimmofan44

Jul 20, 2011
thorndale pa
everyone do yourselves a favor and go read the lightning board titled vinny buyout or something along those lines. I had no idea that fan base hated us so much. they are calling us the Russel brand of hockey.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
I don't hate the deal. I'm not all over it in a positive way...but its not terrible. He'll certainly help the team and I've always LOVED him as a player. But I would have loved for guys like Raffl, Noebels, Cousins, and Straka to duke it out for a spot.

They probably still will. I imagine Read is a goner now at the end of the year so they might trade him now.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
This is great news after working long hours, coming back to the office again without even thinking about thinking about the possibility any more!

Reasonable salary, solid terms. Well done, Homer!
And Vinny is only 33 years old.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012
everyone do yourselves a favor and go read the lightning board titled vinny buyout or something along those lines. I had no idea that fan base hated us so much. they are calling us the Russel brand of hockey.

Hmm, that's interesting. Not sure why they hate us. Rinaldo taking out Hedman and Malone last season? The 1-3-1 stalling incident perhaps? Im quite indifferent towards them. Eh, who cares really. Almost everyone hates the Flyers. Im sure we'll survive :)

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I am wondering if:

1- Vinny plays on G's wing
2- Vinny centers 2nd line and Schenn moves to wing
3- Vinny takes faceoffs, but plays on Schenn's wing
4- Schenn is traded for a D (ex. Yandle) along with Coburn traded (MPS rumor)

djw99

Feb 18, 2006
Going to be very difficult to trade meszaros. I would expect him on the team for this last year of his contract. Or if he proves to be healthy could be a midseason trade candidate.

I really don't see them making any more trades now unless it's for a goalie. I think they'll wait till trade deadline to get rid of some of the excess or tweak the roster. At that point meszaros, Schenn, laughton, couturier could be on the block. I don't think they'll trade coburn.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Posted this in the Trades board thread, in response to markzab raving at people thinking we're in cap hell. Thought I'd share:

Go to Cap Calculator, demote extra players Akeson, Bourdon and Gervais (at no NHL cap hit as they are below $900K) and trade Pronger (can't LTIR on Capgeek) and Whoop, there it is, $5.7million in cap space.

In my view, they could always trade Mesz or even Max Talbot, who would have lots of takers, to free up some more space.

If they are really tight, they can just sent laughton back to Jr. and sign Adam Hall as 4C and save another $600K. Tye McGinn is going to be on the roster at 3LW or 4LW (dep. on where they play Talbot). I signed Gustafsson at $1.1MM.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m) Tye McGinn ($0.775m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Mark Streit ($5.250m)
Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.100m) /

GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,399,594; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $5,700,406

Salary Cap Space: $5,700,406

That's almost enough to take on Ryan Miller's contract, and easily Halak's, or sign Tim Thomas at $3.5MM....

You're right, Larry, but I'm not a fan of biting into the LTIR amount from day 1 of the season, as it does have an impact later on regarding cap allowances for signing a player at the TDL (for example). Plus, Meszaros for a mid-round pick should be a quick fix, too, as long as someone will pony one up for him.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When calculating the Flyers cap, keep in mind that Brayden Schenn's $3.11 cap number isn't real.

Yjn

Jun 20, 2013
I am tense about the new lineup with vinny in black and orange.

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
The more I think about this and read... the more I am ok with it... still wish we hadn't gone for that many years, but that is probably part of what brought him here.

I just hope the Flyers don't get screwed over with another injury.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
When calculating the Flyers cap, keep in mind that Brayden Schenn's $3.11 cap number isn't real.

I think it actually might be. I tweeted at CapGeek a week or so ago asking if the Flyers could do what they did his first year to lower the cap hit and this was their response:

@JerseyCursed We account for his bonuses in our total estimates so it's a non-issue.

I don't know if they are correct, but I usually trust them.

dookie88

Aug 18, 2008
Germany
If that cap-number is correct I hope we sign Gagne and stay put for the off-season.
See if Meszaros can rebound. We can always move one of him or Coburn at the TDL. Meszaros' value won't get any less, so it would be wise to not trade him right now, if the cap allows us to.

Edit: Obviously have to get a goaltender.
I'd be rather uncomfortable with anything over $3m for Thomas.

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
Think Montreal's gonna start booing Vinny like they did with Briere?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad