Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
People overreact on lenght, he's 33 not 37. At the end of the contract, he'll be 38, which is just fine. 4.5 isn't that big for a player of that caliber.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
No one has shopped a Vinny Flyers jersey yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?

This place is slacking!!!!!

Slacking? Actually, our game has evolved. We have members so advanced that they skipped the jersey shop and went directly to begging the NHL for an extra buyout to use on VL.

That means these advanced beings are capable of traveling into the future at least two years. Slacking? I think not.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Slacking? Actually, our game has evolved. We have members so advanced that they skipped the jersey shop and went directly to begging the NHL for an extra buyout to use on VL.

That means these advanced beings are capable of traveling into the future at least two years. Slacking? I think not.
I thought we already used our 3rd buyout on Streit the day after we signed him?

El Emperor

Apr 2, 2010
Woodstown, NJ
Meh.. not that excited over the deal. I have always liked Vinny and the $$ isn't bad, but a five year deal? With a full NMC?!? Sorry, but that is too much. He is still a decent player, but not great, I have watched him at times over the last two seasons and thought that he seemed disinterested, he would float around rather than play hard all the time. Plus he has dealt with injuries over the last few years, now he plays around 60 games a year as opposed to around 80. And everyone keeps saying how 33 isn't old, but Vinny has A TON of wear for a 33 yr old, he's been in the league FOURTEEN SEASONS already!! ..like I said, I've always liked him, and a part of me is happy he's in the O & B, but I can see big regret coming in yrs 3-5.

An aside... if no big move is made in the next couple of days, then I think the flyers may really be making a run at Shea Weber. They now have the pieces to do it -- Couturier, Coburn and a pick might do it. The thing is Weber can't be traded until something like July 23rd, that being one year after he officially signed his contract. Just something to ponder, though it most likely wont happen.

I just cannot see NSH owners giving the thumbs up to trading Weber. On top of his salary for the year, he has/will receive two bonuses by the time this trade date arrives. Cannot remember exactly what that number but its over 20 million for what 48 games of work? No way they trade him unless cash is allowed in trades (not sure on this).

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
I just cannot see NSH owners giving the thumbs up to trading Weber. On top of his salary for the year, he has/will receive two bonuses by the time this trade date arrives. Cannot remember exactly what that number but its over 20 million for what 48 games of work? No way they trade him unless cash is allowed in trades (not sure on this).

I think it's just a hair shy of $30mill... That is ridiculous, still can't believe they matched. Then, to top it off, they only get half a season of gate revenue and no postseason, yet they still had to pay all the bonus money.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
We are not getting weber!

We might however get Tim Thomas for reasonable money and yrs.

sg12lw

Aug 22, 2008
I actually want to see READ on Vinny's right wing as I see him as
St. Louis 2.0. I hope we retain READ, he works well with so many combinations of lines and players.

you see read as a hall of famer??

i am very high on read, but cmon

but yeah...that would be a good line...maybe simmer on the left??

Damaged Goods

Feb 26, 2009
Philadelphia
If Tim Thomas is signed for more than 2,000,000... I will vomit.

This isn't like Jagr coming back from playing actual hockey in the KHL... Timmy has literally been golfing and eating Cheesecake Factory for a year.

He shouldn't get that kind of money after taking his ball and going home for a year. The only thing he should get is another NHL opportunity and I am fine if we give him that opportunity if the price is right.

Source? For all we know, he has been training rigorously for months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad