Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Legion of Gloom

The Holy Ghost
Jun 20, 2013
Lake Titicaca
I wonder what the Penguins are going to do against this:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Laughton - Talbot

Instantly improves our veteran leadership. Instantly improves our offense. INSTANTLY IMPROVES OUR EVEN STRENGTH OFFENSE. Instantly improves our depth. Etc. The wins on this are just awesome.
Score some big goals against our weak defence and nonexistence number one goalie

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
2nd. miss the playoffs.... Sign the best Defenseman and Forward in the Free Agent Market.

have to love this organization's commitment to winning .

Makes you proud to be a fan, doesn't it? You know that no matter what they do it's to try to win, even if they have to pay a ton of money to get people to leave. And I'm sure Homer isn't done for the offseason either.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Timonen - Schenn
Coburn - Streit
Grossman - Gus

god mode.

We have enough depth up front and on the blueline to make Leighton look like a passable goaltender again; maybe not SC caliber like 2010, but at least passable.

Mason + whoever we add will be just fine.

:yo:

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
The first time in a long time, the Flyers have a player who led the league in goals scored during a season (at any time during his career) since Reggie Leach.

For the hair-splitters, I am not counting Jari Kurri, for whom the Flyers owned the rights for an afternoon in 1991 before trading them away to Los Angeles later that day.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
Makes you proud to be a fan, doesn't it? You know that no matter what they do it's to try to win, even if they have to pay a ton of money to get people to leave. And I'm sure Homer isn't done for the offseason either.

Yep. I have a man crush on Vinny:)

El Dandy*

If we get him, I just really hope Tim Thomas can be 80% as good as he was last time he played.

If Tim Thomas plays like he plays when he plays, we will have a shot at the Cup.

Broad st phantom

Oct 28, 2005
philadelphia
I've been on the fence about this signing, but the more I think about it the more I like it. Overall the team just got better, more then likely Schenn moves to wing? I see people bringing up cap issues, but I think we'll be fine.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
It's ok. If we can't trade Mez we will trade Coburn and Hagg will play top 4 ;).

Ok I think its better if Mez is traded.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Montreal is having a meltdown yet again. I love it. Like others have said, teams were so excited to get him, now he is washed up. Typical Philly hate.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Lecavalier as a 2nd line center at 4.5 ...thats a freakin steal.

He is one of the best 2nd line 2 way centers in the league, class act, and a leader.

I wish it was 4 years but 5 years is what it is.

zetterberg is a year younger and signed to 3 more years for 6 mill.

This was a good signing and it fits with our "offense first" mentality.

Someone else said that they believe another move was going to happen and I have to agree. If Mesz truly is 100% and they believe they can count on him to STAY healthy then I think Coburn may be traded. If they aren't comfortable with the thought of Mesz in the top 4 them I think he'll be traded just as a cap dump (maybe a late rnd pick or minor prospect for him).

We still need a legit solution in net now. Mason played well down the stretch but since we loaded up again (added a solid PMD in Streit and Vinny to the forwards) I think it's safe to say that we aren't going to go into next season with Mason as our starter. I think that means we are going after either Thomas or Miller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad