Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Think this increases the chances of Coburn being moved now that Philly is in a cap crunch?

Will Schenn potentially get moved since there's not really a need for him anymore?

Read the posts above you. Nevermind, I'll summarize:

1. If there is a cap casualty, it was and still is Mezsaros. If Coburn is traded, it's in the context of a hockey trade for real assets

2. Schenn has been long expected to move to a wing. He started on the wing last season and got moved back and forth a fair bit due to Briere's ineffectiveness anywhere else. Most Flyers fans expect Vinny to stay at C with Schenn to a wing in the short term with Couturier playing 3C. If Couturier forces the issue through excellence of play, Vinny could play a wing in a couple years.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Think this increases the chances of Coburn being moved now that Philly is in a cap crunch?

Will Schenn potentially get moved since there's not really a need for him anymore?

No cap crunch here. Dump mez and LTIR Pronger and we're in the clear.

I doubt Schenn will be moved unless it's in a package with his brother for something big. B Schenn has been a winger here just a much as he's been a C so I imagine this just solidifies his future as a winger.

SilkyMitts

Apr 29, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
vinny had a bunch of teams trying to sign him. you dont think he was interested in what each teams plans for the future were?

you dont think he said to holmgren "you just bought out your starting goalie, and you need to work on your defense, what is your plan?"

vinny definitely asked what the plans were, and obviously liked what holmgren had to say. other teams definitely would have paid more money than 4.5m per year

El Dandy*

Why are people so worried about cap space? Am I missing something here? After Pronger is on LTIR, things look pretty good even if Thomas is signed for $4 million (assuming Mez is gone). I mean really, am I missing something?

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($1.151m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Tim Thomas ($4.000m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,000,094; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,099,906

If Tim Thomas is signed for more than 2,000,000... I will vomit.

This isn't like Jagr coming back from playing actual hockey in the KHL... Timmy has literally been golfing and eating Cheesecake Factory for a year.

He shouldn't get that kind of money after taking his ball and going home for a year. The only thing he should get is another NHL opportunity and I am fine if we give him that opportunity if the price is right.

hXc Chris

Jul 11, 2009
West Chester
Sarah Baicker's been following my thread. :naughty:

In all seriousness, we needed:

1. Even strength scoring. (Lecavalier)
2. Veteran leadership. (Lecavalier)
3. Faceoffs/puck possession. (Lecavalier)
4. Cheap depth on the wings. (Schenn moving to wing because of Lecavalier)

This solves four SERIOUS and GLARING holes on our team in one very fair contract.

I couldnt agree with this more. I mean there was speculation that Vinny was looking for 6x6 contract, whether its 4.7 or 4.5 this is a huge discount. As many as 15 teams interested in his services I feel like he couldve found a more lucrative contract.

So many positives at a nice price. I really like this move.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Or just hear me out we have Vinnie as 1st center with coots as lw and roo on the right, they could but up some HUGE numbers or then again it could fail but then you have schenn in the middle for 2nd line then laughton third line and Talbot fourth line could be a force

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If Tim Thomas is signed for more than 2,000,000... I will vomit.

This isn't like Jagr coming back from playing actual hockey in the KHL... Timmy has literally been golfing and eating Cheesecake Factory for a year.

Oh yeah, I'm not feeling Thomas at $4 million, that's just the number being tossed around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad