Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
I don't see the Flyers moving Schenn or Couturier. They did this exact thing with Richards Carter and Briere. After the season that we will not discuss ideally they wanted to let Richards and Carter grow while remaining competetive. So they brought in Briere, a center. Sure didn't stunt Richards and Carter's growth. Vinny will be a great mentor for Schenn and Coots. I like our forwards a lot more with Vinny in there. And if the defense stays healthy at least we have some balance back there. And if Mason can play well who knows.

drownedsailors

Sep 25, 2010
Earth
Leadership is overrated
Veteran presence is overrated
We don't have a goalie
Our defense is ****

Still. Don't. Understand. This. Signing.

Whatever I guess :whatever:

Last edited:

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I remember when VL came into the league and I was a bit of a fan. Back in the day, wanted to see him in O&B. Like the signing, but meh.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Why does everyone keep saying were in cap hell? Sarah Baicker just retweeted these numbers:

Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector 5m
Flyers have $43.5 million committed to 13 players for 2014-15. Giroux, B. Schenn, Couturier all are RFAs next summer (as is Steve Mason).

Ok so we have some RFA's to sign but we also have a salary cap boost next season with other contracts coming off the books.

To bring some perspective. Pitt has 40mil tied up in 6 players next season, and with Kunitz thats 44mil tied up in 7 players.

Sarah Baicker's been following my thread. :naughty:

In all seriousness, we needed:

1. Even strength scoring. (Lecavalier)
2. Veteran leadership. (Lecavalier)
3. Faceoffs/puck possession. (Lecavalier)
4. Cheap depth on the wings. (Schenn moving to wing because of Lecavalier)

This solves four SERIOUS and GLARING holes on our team in one very fair contract.

JustJim

Feb 20, 2012
Paignton,UK
I noticed that Lecavalier played on the same QMJHL team as Sam Morin. Are the Flyers also going to try and get Ryan Clowe next?
I love this signing! Welcome to Flyer world Vinny!!!

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
I don't think Homer's done. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the phone with St. Louis or Winnipeg talking about a Schenn+Coburn+ for Pietrangelo or Bogosian, some kind of a deal. The D still needs to be improved, but that forward group looks ready.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Why are people so worried about cap space? Am I missing something here? After Pronger is on LTIR, things look pretty good even if Thomas is signed for $4 million (assuming Mez is gone). I mean really, am I missing something?

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Vincent Lecavalier ($4.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Simon Gagne ($2.500m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Mark Streit ($5.250m) / Braydon Coburn ($4.500m)
Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m) / Erik Gustafsson ($1.151m)
Bruno Gervais ($0.825m)
GOALTENDERS
Steve Mason ($1.500m)
Tim Thomas ($4.000m)
OTHER
Buyout: Oskars Bartulis ($0.100m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,000,094; BONUSES: $2,800,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,099,906

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Think this increases the chances of Coburn being moved now that Philly is in a cap crunch?

Will Schenn potentially get moved since there's not really a need for him anymore?

skoods

May 10, 2010
Boston, MA
What good is cap space if we can't spend it on shiny new things?

This is HFBoards. Where having the most cap space and a roster with the fewest NMC is equivalent to winning the Stanley Cup.

Everyone here acts like the Flyers are not going to figure out some way to avoid cap problems. They have been spending like Paris Hilton ever since the salary cap came into existence and yet they're still spending and working things out just fine. People need to relax about the salary cap.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Think this increases the chances of Coburn being moved now that Philly is in a cap crunch?

Will Schenn potentially get moved since there's not really a need for him anymore?

Naw, Schenn can play on the wing. No reason to move him. Instead of trading Coburn, I think there could be a team out there that will pay a late round pick for Mez. We might have to take some smaller salary back.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA

Flyers have nearly 6m left in cap space; potentially 10m if they move Meszaros, who is just sitting there, useless in the press box.

Schenn is likely to go to wing.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
A year longer then I was hoping but if true it's really a pretty good deal. With this I'm next to positive Gagne is re-signed. That may sound stupid being as though this is just another top 9 spot taken but from what I understand they are good Vinny and Gagne are good friends.

This is pretty funny too:
John Boruk ‏@JohnBorukCSN

By adding Lecavalier, the Flyers now have six guys on payroll who have worn the "C" at some stage of their careers. #FlyersTalk

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
A year longer then I was hoping but if true it's really a pretty good deal. With this I'm next to positive Gagne is re-signed. That may sound stupid being as though this is just another top 9 spot taken but from what I understand they are good Vinny and Gagne are good friends.

This is pretty funny too:

Giroux
Lecavalier
Timonen
Streit...

Who else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad