Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
I don't want to sound like chicken little but this franchise has no direction. Why exactly do we need Lecavalier?

What do Mark Streit and Vincent Lecavalier have in common?

vincent-lecavalier.jpg
6451207939_8e5bcb6c26_z.jpg

Can you C what they have in common? They bring direction. :nod:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Cap space doesn't score you goals. Vinny is still a really good player and probably will be for the length of the deal. Christ, $4.5m is next to nothing really. Freakin' Bickell is earning $4m.

I LOVE this move. I love this team. We don't sit back and take **** from anyone. One bad year? Improve the team at all costs.

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
5 years. Congrats to you guys, but it doesn't solve your goalie and D problems.

You guys, need a solid goaltender. Not Lecavalier...

Thanks we'll look into it!

---

IIRC, Meszaros won't be cleared until the end of July so I don't think they can move him until then. They could easily sign a goalie for $3.5mil or so and then move Meszaros in August, putting us right under the cap - not including putting Pronger on LTIR.

I really am not concerned with the cap right now, however I am concerned about the cap next season. $20mil to sign Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, Read, goalies, and whoever else we need to bring in... better hope the Cap goes up!

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Cap space doesn't score you goals. Vinny is still a really good player and probably will be for the length of the deal. Christ, $4.5m is next to nothing really. Freakin' Bickell is earning $4m.

I LOVE this move. I love this team. We don't sit back and take **** from anyone. One bad year? Improve the team at all costs.

I love this comment.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I'll take this over the last time we sucked for a year. This looks better than Briere's contract; 4.5 mil by the time Lecavalier starts tanking should HOPEFULLY be a tolerable cap drain, unlike Danny's this year.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Flyers will make the post-season. Book it, Philly fans.

hXc Chris

Jul 11, 2009
West Chester
Why does everyone keep saying were in cap hell? Sarah Baicker just retweeted these numbers:

Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector 5m
Flyers have $43.5 million committed to 13 players for 2014-15. Giroux, B. Schenn, Couturier all are RFAs next summer (as is Steve Mason).

Ok so we have some RFA's to sign but we also have a salary cap boost next season with other contracts coming off the books.

To bring some perspective. Pitt has 40mil tied up in 6 players next season, and with Kunitz thats 44mil tied up in 7 players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad