Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ahthorne

Feb 23, 2013
Vancouver
B. Schenn - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Lecavalier - Simmonds
xxx - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Laughton - Talbot
Rosehill

Coburn - Timonen
Streit - L. Schenn
Grossmann - Gustafsson
Gervais

xxx
Mason

Wow. Anybody else as stoked as I am? Vinny could even play wing but just take draws and leave Couts and Schenn in the middle.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Also, so many French Canadians now. Montreal be damned, we're stealing up all your boys who were destined to come home. Tehehehe.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
amazing contract

i love how everyone else hates vinny now and saying its a ridiculous contract even though they were hoping he signed for their team for his reported 5x5+

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Congrats. I'll say I Highly doubt you get 5 years of solid production, but I expect him to still be a decent 2C for at least 2 more years. I've also read you guys may want him to go to wing. I see no way Vinny playing as a serviceable winger, not enough speed or finesse at all for that role. He's a great face off man and should and will stay at center.

Nobody should think he would be a wing here. Flyers need a good faceoff guy.

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
Some reporting the deal is 4 years instead of 5.
Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS
Sorry. 22.5 for 4 years for Vincent Lecavalier and the Flyers

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Holmgren, sir. You have three more jobs to go:

1. Don't trade anyone but Meszaros.
2. Sign Gagne.
3. Sign a back-up goalie.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I'm assuming this means Mez is dumped for something minimal and Schenn is now a winger for a while.

Did I say that here already? I can't keep track of what I'm doing where.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
I love the contract. The NMC people will complain but Homer had to show Vinny faith because in sure he asked for it so his family could have some security.

Finally we have another center who can take faceoffs along with Giroux. More puck possession.

Giroux It

Mar 30, 2013
Elizabethtown, PA
amazing contract

i love how everyone else hates vinny now and saying its a ridiculous contract even though they were hoping he signed for their team for his reported 5x5+

I'm glad we got him for an AAV less than 5. I still think there's going to be a corresponding move with one of the centers in the near future.

Evergreen

Holmgren, sir. You have three more jobs to go:

1. Don't trade anyone but Meszaros.
2. Sign Gagne.
3. Sign a back-up goalie.

Fine with #1 (unless trading Coburn instead would bring a worthwhile return). Would love #2. But for #3, I feel like Mason is too risky to just sign a guy who could only play back-up. I think someone that has potential starter upside is necessary.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I'm happy panda. Now to make me happiest in a while: sign Thomas and get Lundqvist next summer. :laugh:

If im giroux i go to jagrs house with hartnell and vinny with a contract in hand for 1 million dollars.

Okay this would work to make me vomit rainbow

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Fine with #1 (unless trading Coburn instead would bring a worthwhile return). Would love #2. But for #3, I feel like Mason is too risky to just sign a guy who could only play back-up. I think someone that has potential starter upside is necessary.

I'm talking Thomas or Emery; not Leighton or Boucher.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I was watching the NHL network and when they reported this it sounded like EJ Hradek was going to cry. I didn't realize the Flyers killing his dog was part of the deal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad