Confirmed with Link: Vinny Lecavalier (Reports: 5 years, $4.5 per season, NMC; jersey #40; upds post #1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GingerFetish

Feb 26, 2013
I wonder what the Penguins are going to do against this:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Schenn - Lecavalier - Simmonds
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Laughton - Talbot

Instantly improves our veteran leadership. Instantly improves our offense. INSTANTLY IMPROVES OUR EVEN STRENGTH OFFENSE. Instantly improves our depth. Etc. The wins on this are just awesome.

I just hope Schenn can produce on the wing and Hartnell gets back in the game or else the elft leaves a lot to be desired. Compared to the right.

Nuclear

Jun 15, 2004
PA

Gagne - Couturier - Read

Instantly improves our veteran leadership. Instantly improves our offense. INSTANTLY IMPROVES OUR EVEN STRENGTH OFFENSE. Instantly improves our depth. Etc. The wins on this are just awesome.

Amazing offense, but I really like

Lecavalier - Giroux - Voracek
Hartnell - Schenn - Simmonds
Gagne - Couturier - Read

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Gagne - Couturier - Read

Wonder if they let a rookie who is cheaper play instead of Gagne.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Gagne - Couturier - Read

Is Gagne definitely expected to re-sign?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006

Gagne - Couturier - Read

If there's one thing this will guarantee, it's that the five on five offense, G's line in particular, will be a lot better. A full year of Gus and Streit will also help, but this is big.

I like the signing. I didn't like the idea at first, but for that money, it's a hell of a deal. 4.5 is what complimentary players are going to be making in a couple of seasons.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don't know why you guys complain about these? Top free agents are always going to get them. If he didn't have one the price tag would have been a lot higher than it is now.

I literally just tweeted the same thing. If you didn't think you would see that, you are fooling yourself. Every team probably had it in their offers.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Congrats. I'll say I Highly doubt you get 5 years of solid production, but I expect him to still be a decent 2C for at least 2 more years. I've also read you guys may want him to go to wing. I see no way Vinny playing as a serviceable winger, not enough speed or finesse at all for that role. He's a great face off man and should and will stay at center.

Metal God

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Good addition for the Flyers. I wish he signed with my Leafs.

Vinny is still reasonably young (at 33) and could be a force for you guys. Specially now if he plays with a chip on his shoulder for being bought out. I met Vinny when he was in Toronto with team Canada a few years back. The guy is a beast.

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Fine with the contract, but I don't really get it. Although that Top 9 looks nasty.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Lecavalier as a 2nd line center at 4.5 ...thats a freakin steal.

He is one of the best 2nd line 2 way centers in the league, class act, and a leader.

I wish it was 4 years but 5 years is what it is.

zetterberg is a year younger and signed to 3 more years for 6 mill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad