OT: Video Game Talk (oh, also the Week before the All-Star Break Pre-Game Talk "archive")

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Remember they tired to bring back Rock Band for the PS4 XO? Simpler times
It was a very good idea to bring this back but require all new instruments which were more expensive and more complicated than the ones everyone already had that had been lying in the back of a cupboard for ten years.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'd really like Harmonix to find a way to plug a proper electric (or acoustic with an internal pickup) guitar to a console. Then they could redevelop Rock Band to actually teach real cords and strumming patterns. Not only could they truly make a killing but they'd be teaching folks something a lot more useful. Hell, sell the game for whatever, and then you could sell individual songs as DLCs as you get around to them and get the proper licenses.

Watch, someone's bound to respond and tell me that somebody else has done this like 10 years ago and I just hadn't heard about it. :laugh:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd really like Harmonix to find a way to plug a proper electric (or acoustic with an internal pickup) guitar to a console. Then they could redevelop Rock Band to actually teach real cords and strumming patterns. Not only could they truly make a killing but they'd be teaching folks something a lot more useful. Hell, sell the game for whatever, and then you could sell individual songs as DLCs as you get around to them and get the proper licenses.

Watch, someone's bound to respond and tell me that somebody else has done this like 10 years ago and I just hadn't heard about it. :laugh:
Yup… lookup Rocksmith

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Yup… lookup Rocksmith
:facepalm:

Unfortunately it looks like I missed the boat. Looks like everything in the Rocksmith universe on Steam requires ownership of Rocksmith 2014 Edition - Remastered.

Of course when I searched for it, I landed on it's page and was greeted with a notice that it is no longer available on the Steam store. :laugh:

Last edited:

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I've only played about two hours, but I'm really linking Black Myth: Wukong. So far, the game mechanics revolve around dodging, which makes it feel more like classic Devil may Cry rather than Sekiro or Dark souls. The game was a little stuttery last night, but Nvidia released a new driver today, and it runs much smoother now.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I've only played about two hours, but I'm really linking Black Myth: Wukong. So far, the game mechanics revolve around dodging, which makes it feel more like classic Devil may Cry rather than Sekiro or Dark souls. The game was a little stuttery last night, but Nvidia released a new driver today, and it runs much smoother now.
That's one that has caught my eye on Steam. Would you mind giving a mini-review when you complete it?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
My wife called me a nerd tonight because I was got a spiel about how Journey changed multiple times over the years with each new drummer and bassist. She had no clue there was so much turnover with the band (other than lead singers).

So that got me thinking, with all the solo artists topping charts today, do the actual musicians get anything close to the same credit as they did in say the 80s or before? Or is it just purely about the vocalist now?

I know there is good music being made because folks turn me on to bands and musicians all the time, but finding them has become increasingly difficult because the radio doesn't play much more than 8 songs a day.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I finished Fallout, the show. I never played a Fallout game so I might have been lost during certain aspects, but the show was ridiculously good. It isn't perfect, but a great cast makes up for the inconsistencies. For example, I thought Lucy's story got worse as it went along (the ending made up for it) and the Ghouls got so much better.

For the lot who have played the games, why are all characters like over 200+ years old? That was one part I was really confused about, and also why Vault 32 killed each other or something?

Popular does not equal good.
When you get 200 trillion views, that means you get some people with taste listening to your music.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad