CFHF Fantasy League New CFHF Fantasy League?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Are you interested in joining a Dynasty Fantasy League

• Total voters

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
It appears the OG CFHF Fantasy league came to a close after this past season, I'd like to thank @Anglesmith and @InfinityIggy and anyone else that helped run that league for their time and dedication, it is still the best league I have ever been in.

A while back @Qubax brought up the idea of a new dynasty league and he and I had started working on ideas for scoring and such, but he's been kinda MIA for a while since, and I'm guessing life has gotten in the way as it tends to do/

So I'm here to gauge interest at the last minute to see if we should get something going.

I am going to try and make it as easy as possible from the commish perspective and use Fantrax because they allow you to trade draft picks further out and have a farm system for prospects. So there will be no need to track future draft picks and prospects by hand like @Anglesmith did for the OG league.

If we have more than 10 managers interested we can start something. It will be capped at 16 teams.

In a prize league, I was thinking like in the $20-25 USD

You can vote for any or al options.

I will tentatively set up the league as a H2H Categories, with fairly standard categories and deeper rosters (30-man rosters... 4 forward lines, 6 defensemen, 2 goalies, plus 5 prospects and 5 bench positions.

I will have the poll up for a week and if there is enough interest, we can everyone signed up and start a slow draft (8-hour time limit with the clock pausing overnight) ASAP... however with the season beginning on the 4th, I think if we are not close to done by Sept. 28th, we will shorten teh timer (the amount will be decided by how many picks are left)

I am in a 12-man league that knocked off a draft of this size with the same timer setup in a week. So it can easily be done.

Please vote if you are interested... you can vote for any or both options.

And it appears to be a sore spot with certain people....

DISCLAIMER: 5 YEARS AGO I WAS PLANNING ON STARTING A FREE 32-TEAM DYNASTY LEAGUE, IT WAS NEARLY FULL BUT WHEN I STARTED SUFFERING A MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS AFTER HAVING SOMEONE DIE IN FRONT OF ME AT WORK. I PULLED THE PLUG ON THE LEAGUE AND MASSIVELY REDUCED MY ONLINE PRESSENCE. BECAUSE OF THIS POSTERS LIKE @Kanye AND @tfong FEEL LIKE YOU NEED TO BE PROTECTED FROM BIG BAD ME FOR PUTTING MYSELF FIRST.

You happy now? Cool, now move on.

Last edited:

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Sounds like a cool idea for a league

A note of clarification, CFHFFL still exists. We've just moved our operation underground. I'm not saying it's because I finally won a championship, but Anglesmith has always had it out for me!

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Sounds like a cool idea for a league

A note of clarification, CFHFFL still exists. We've just moved our operation underground. I'm not saying it's because I finally won a championship, but Anglesmith has always had it out for me!
:laugh: it's what happens when the Terror(ists) win

• Haha
Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Currently, this is what I am thinking for categories, please note I have Saves weighted to 2, meaning a saves win would be worth 2 wins, while all other categories would be worth one... the reasoning for this is I like the balance of 9-5 in favor of skaters, but hate loading up on "average" style categories (GAA, SV%, Win%... etc) as it can disincentivize playing your goalies every chance possible when you have reached the minimum games requirement.

1726162823152.png

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
You mean the same GM that abandoned two CFHF teams and tore down another league while as acting commish?
I've been pretty honest with everyone that I was having mental heath struggles at that time. But naturally you of all people would come in here just to talk shit about me... some things never change. You're welcome not to be interested and move on.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
I've been pretty honest with everyone that I was having mental heath struggles at that time. But naturally you of all people would come in here just to talk shit about me... some things never change. You're welcome not to be interested and move on.
Na, it's not talking shit just letting potentials GMs be aware ❤️

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Na, it's not talking shit just letting potentials GMs be aware ❤️
Your first post in 6 months is to shame me for a mental health crisis a few years ago... because I quit a for fun fantasy hockey league... that says considerably more more about you than it does me.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Your first post in 6 months is to shame me for a mental health crisis a few years ago... because I quit a for fun fantasy hockey league... that says considerably more more about you than it does me.

That has nothing to do with shaming you for any mental health crisis since that's not even something he mentioned. It seems you're not giving a disclaimer to potential risks to joining leagues associated to you and he's doing a PSA by stating facts of what happened.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
That has nothing to do with shaming you for any mental health crisis since that's not even something he mentioned. It seems you're not giving a disclaimer to potential risks to joining leagues associated to you and he's doing a PSA by stating facts of what happened.
"Facts"

Let's look at those facts... The league I gave up on was like 5+ years ago, and was a free league that I pulled the plug on before the first draft. A league where you felt the need to post on reddit about me having a mental breakdown, but now apparently that has nothing to do anything... That doesn't warrant a "PSA", I got sick and I pulled the plug on a free league before it got started.

I'm sorry I f***ing had a guy die in front of me at work and couldn't handle it.

You need to get over it.

I’d be down. What platform you thinking about using? And Dynasty is keepers?
Fantrax and Dynasty is full keepers, yes.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Let's look at those facts... The league I gave up on was like 5+ years ago, and was a free league that I pulled the plug on before the first draft.

I don't know why you feel the need to put it in quotations. Its was just a statement of fact. I think mental health is very important and think it is (and was back then) legitimate thing to be mindful of. The other things Dev mentioned aren't opinions, they are just also just statement of fact. I'm sure you have your reasons though and I'm not discounting them and he didn't bring up the reasoning anyways, you did.

To me its no different than a warning label on a coffee that says "careful hot".

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
With just 4 people interested, it doesn't appear this is getting off the ground. Sorry to those that were interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad