Player Discussion Victor Olofsson (2014, 181st) - Part II (Heading to UFA, Playing at the WCs)

Flash20

DC Homer
Oct 16, 2009
Buffalo
If Cozens changes his number I'll be pissed I just bought his jersey
GIF-angry-Chris-Farley-fuming-mad-GIF.gif

Reactions: Eich Jackel

Abraham de Lacy

I think it is advisable to keep him around, he's never going to evolve into +30 goals per year. But he shows that he is able to improve in areas that need it. There are no signs of stagnation, he is evolving out of the pure PP sniper he initially was into a more well rounded player.

He will hopefully be padding on future lines with Mitts and Cozens. He also seems to have a great, positive personality and energy. He is from a blue collar town (I know people from there) that are fishermen, loggers and hard workers (Cozens has that as well). I sense that in VO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I think it is advisable to keep him around, he's never going to evolve into +30 goals per year. But he shows that he is able to improve in areas that need it. There are no signs of stagnation, he is evolving out of the pure PP sniper he initially was into a more well rounded player.

He will hopefully be padding on future lines with Mitts and Cozens. He also seems to have a great, positive personality and energy. He is from a blue collar town (I know people from there) that are fishermen, loggers and hard workers (Cozens has that as well). I sense that in VO.

You sure about that? Olofsson had 30 goals in his first 85 career games played. Covid+ injuries etc. If he's truly evolved his game I don't see how he can't be a 30+ goal scorer.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
And too old. Clearly.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Bro, you do realize once he's 28 he'll lose the ability to score goals? Just doesn't fit with the timeline.....Just.. Doesn't... Fit.... With. The Timeline.
if Olofsson was a first round pick everyone would be hyping him up like a star of this generation. 7th round pick can't possibly be a good player, right? Draft bias is very real.

By the way, I'm 28 today. Can score goals fine. Better actually. Practice makes perfect. No more Scorpio's on the Sabres core, though. We've had our fair share of Scorpionic defiance already inflicted. Risto, Reinhart, Eichel. Just ban the zodiac sign from the top 6. Except Tage. We can hold onto him.

Last edited:

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
He is improving regularly and already looks like a legit top 6 winger.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
I'm glad he is playing better this season than last season. That seems to he a common theme for the majority of players on this team.

5x5 seems fair for a 2nd line winger with perennial mid-30s goal potential.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
I'm glad he is playing better this season than last season. That seems to he a common theme for the majority of players on this team.

5x5 seems fair for a 2nd line winger with perennial mid-30s goal potential.
5x5 seems fair for the Sabres but Olofsson would think otherwise if he's close to PPG. Especially knowing a washed up Skinner washes his hands over a fountain gilded with 24 karat gold. Realistically then he's getting at least 6.5. I predict 68 points being conservative in a full 82. 32 goals 36 assists. Might even get to 35 but we'll see. #LockHimUp

Reactions: Fearnot

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
4 x 5.25 is an ideal, best-case scenario contract.

Wouldn't want more than 5 years. And 6.5 is too much. I guess that means 5 years and/or 6.25 per is as high as I would go.

If he pulls a Sam you trade him if he doesn't want to sign more than 1 or 2 years.

With all the kids who will need to get paid, 5 years is the absolute max term we should be looking at. 3 or 4 preferable.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
he will only make swedens team in olympics as 13th forward and be used in PP only. His 5 vs 5 is not impressing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad