Waived: [VGK] Golden Knights claim Raphael Lavoie off waivers from the Oilers - assigned to AHL

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
My question is how Lavoie helps Vegas manipulate the cap? Probably an obscure rule that if you claim a player from a division rival more than once in a season then the NHL reduces your cap by $3Million if you have gold in your jerseys and are in between -114 and -116 longitude.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think the waiver system is a joke. Poor Lavoie
It's a joke in this instance for sure, there needs to be something to prevent teams from doing this. I wish we would have just kept him up for a few more days. The guy obviously has enough interest around the league to be an NHL'er, so I hope whoever ends up with him actually plays the kid.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
farley-upset.gif

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I'm not understanding why Vegas can claim, waive, Edmonton re-claims but then Vegas can re-claim and he goes to Henderson instead of Bakersfield? Isn't Edmonton the original waiving team?

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I'm not understanding why Vegas can claim, waive, Edmonton re-claims but then Vegas can re-claim and he goes to Henderson instead of Bakersfield? Isn't Edmonton the original waiving team?
When Vegas first claimed him off waivers yes they were. But then after Vegas waived him and the Oilers re-claimed him, Vegas became the “original team”

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
This ordeal has been very amusing for many of us. Poor Lavoie is probably thinking, "I hate this Fing league" and it's stupid roster rules for RFA aged players.

Reactions: hangman005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad