Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
If you can substract mostly futures in an Eichel trade; and someone like Monahan... it isn't the end of the world for Calgary.

They've cushioned themselves nicely with this hot start. If we go on average of 96 points needed to get to the playoffs, they need 72 more points with the remaining 71 games. Essentially they could go .500 the rest of the way. Though, the way Sutter has them playing is going to be a hard matchup for most teams regardless.

I think of Eichel as a deadline add. Like. While most teams are going to pony up to get Phil Kessel on their roster for their cup run, Calgary will add a healthy Jack Eichel.

Did you just put Calgary and cup run in the same sentence? Bahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
If the receiving team lets him get the surgery and he can be back this season, why shouldn't they do the deal?
If he's going to be out for most of the season then sane teams would wait until he's recovered, rehabbed and proven he can earn his $10 million.

There are good reasons for both the Flames and Vegas to stay the ^%$# away.

Vegas, for one, needs to start winning now and really can't wait for Eichel to get squared away and back in the game. And if they, themselves, can't get squared away they need to preserve as many futures as they can and that includes the 2022 1st.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If he's going to be out for most of the season then sane teams would wait until he's recovered, rehabbed and proven he can earn his $10 million.

There are good reasons for both the Flames and Vegas to stay the ^%$# away.

Vegas, for one, needs to start winning now and really can't way for Eichel to get squared away and back in the game.
I think you are missing the fact that he won't recover while with the Sabres.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Whoever trades for Eichel will either end up GM of the year or remembered as Chiarelli. There's no real in-betweens. I wouldn't trade for him and take that risk, if I was a GM personally. But there's a reason I'm not a GM. Likely Eichel will be fine and if he is, whoever trades for him will end up looking like evil genius bandits.
I think that's why some people are saying that GM's that are already on the hot seat will be the ones to make a trade for Eichel.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Adams and the Pegulas wanting more win now talent as opposed to futures in an Eichel deal after their start is hilarious

no wonder the team is perpetually awful when you have clueless people running things

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Adams and the Pegulas wanting more win now talent as opposed to futures in an Eichel deal after their start is hilarious

no wonder the team is perpetually awful when you have clueless people running things
Adams convinced Terry to sign Hall for 8mill 1 year when he knew he had a bottom 3 roster.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021

Well I do see the Sabres being interested in players who are 22 or 23, that can play right away instead of going for picks and prospects that will help the team out in what, 4 or 5 years?

I actually think it’s a smart move to be quite honest with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad