Seravalli: Vegas and Buffalo working on framework of Eichel trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
GKnights are becoming more of a Vegas tourist attraction, over an NHL team.
I can already see the TV ads…… “Come to Vegas, play some slots, see a show, go watch some big name hockey players… Vegas has it all,

It is very much part of the tourist attraction. The same reason they have an NFL team now and will inevitably get an MLB and NBA team. They can sell out every game even when not great.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think it has more to do with Chandler Stephenson being their #1C than leveling off...

That plus keeping Eichel away from a division rival.

You're 100% on it but I bet every Knights fan would rather Suzuki over Patches. Stuff like that is why I lament so much on their behalf. They have a good thing but they're putting all their chips on the table doubling down.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
It’s not like Kevyn Adams is sitting around deciding on these things without any input.

He hasn’t had the surgery because doctors don’t want him to have the surgery.

this gets lost repeatedly in this discussion.

Sabres doctors won’t approve of the surgery.
Other teams, previously mentioned in these threads, fully support Jack’s choice of surgery. Sabres support Jack’s surgery in June and the return is much better now. Bad choice by Sabres.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
And this is exactly why the Sabres should have supported Jack in his choice of surgery back in June when he wanted to first get it done. Jack would be playing now and the trade return would be so much more than what it is now. Pretty much the Sabres ruined their asset’s value. Makes no sense.

That's what happens when you have the worst managed team in the league. I think Eichel's play is really that he just wants out of Buffalo and took this "neck injury" as an opportunity to do so. I expect that as soon as Eichel is traded he will get the traditional surgery and return to play. If I was Buffalo's GM\ownership I would suspect that this was the case and allow him and his agent to speak with any team I was negotiating with to grease the trade, but Dunning-Krueger is a cruel mistress and Buffalo ownership is probably wondering why a star player wants to leave such an awesome up-and-coming team.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I'd trade Tuch for Eichel...It's Jack Eichel.
And that's why some people can't be taken seriously in these threads. Tuch has a fraction of the ability Jack Eichel has. I'll trade depth players, mid to late 1sts and unproven prospects all day for an established PPG talent. I'm honestly shocked at how many people say they wouldn't want their teams to pursue Eichel. This is the best player that's going to be moved in the last decade + and because of this injury and the acrimony between the 2 parties you'll get the player at a significant discount.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Jan 24, 2007
And that's why some people can't be taken seriously in these threads. Tuch has a fraction of the ability Jack Eichel has. I'll trade depth players, mid to late 1sts and unproven prospects all day for an established PPG talent. I'm honestly shocked at how many people say they wouldn't want their teams to pursue Eichel. This is the best player that's going to be moved in the last decade + and because of this injury and the acrimony between the 2 parties you'll get the player at a significant discount.

I don't know if I'd go that far, sometimes a distressed asset is a distressed asset for a reason, and they never rebound. Laine comes to mind, I'm sure a lot of people would go after Laine before he was traded a year ago and now wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole at his cap hit + what he'd need to agree to an extension. It's not surprising not everyone is on board with adding Eichel at the price of promising young talent.

With that said, Vegas adding Eichel at the cost of Tuch seems like a no brainer to me, but I'm not an expert on the surgery he wants.

Reactions: Fatass

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

I agree it should seem easy knowing that it will end up being a discounted acquisition, but I'd imagine it's a tough sell though when discussing it to your owner. 10 mill a year is a huge price tag when he has an extremely serious issue. Neck injuries are taken extremely serious.

It can be a pretty scarey acquisition.

Now having said that, you know Eichels face will be plastered all over the billboards on the strip and his jersey will be a hot ticket too... so as an owner, u take that into consideration too

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
And this is exactly why the Sabres should have supported Jack in his choice of surgery back in June when he wanted to first get it done. Jack would be playing now and the trade return would be so much more than what it is now. Pretty much the Sabres ruined their asset’s value. Makes no sense.
You keep saying the Sabres made the decision. I know it doesn't fit your narrative but it was the physicians decision. Imagine if they made the choice to allow it against science and he has complications. Wake up.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You keep saying the Sabres made the decision. I know it doesn't fit your narrative but it was the physicians decision. Imagine if they made the choice to allow it against science and he has complications. Wake up.
Let’s follow your thinking. Why would any team, following your thinking, trade for Jack then? Following your thinking Jack has no trade value, because there is risk to how his choice of surgery will turn out. So Jack never gets traded?

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016

Would you be willing to risk 50 million on that without any insurance on the contract?

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Would you be willing to risk 50 million on that without any insurance on the contract?
Maybe the insurance company is already pressuring the Sabres about continuing to pay their share of Jack’s salary?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Coronato just went 13th overall in the most recent draft.

Current Flames prospects:

Coronato: 13th overall in 2021, 48 goals in 51 games in 2020-21, started the year with 6 points 2 games with Harvard.
Pelletier: 26th overall in 2019, key part of Canada's WJC team, high motor kid, 3rd highest scoring rookie in the AHL this season.
Zary: 24th overall in 2020, injury in preseason has limited him to no games this year. Played in the AHL last year before the WHL started up and was Stockton's best player. Was wing/centre on their top line as a 18/19 year old.

Flames have always had a prospect system that gets little to no respect in general. Yet they consistently churn out some really high end players in later rounds especially. 4 members of Calgary's top 6F and top 4D were drafted in 2015 and 2016 outside of the first round; also drafted is the defending Norris winner in 2016 (who never played for Calgary).

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Let’s follow your thinking. Why would any team, following your thinking, trade for Jack then? Following your thinking Jack has no trade value, because there is risk to how his choice of surgery will turn out. So Jack never gets traded?

Because different doctors can have different opinions on treatments?

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I don't know if I'd go that far, sometimes a distressed asset is a distressed asset for a reason, and they never rebound. Laine comes to mind, I'm sure a lot of people would go after Laine before he was traded a year ago and now wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole at his cap hit + what he'd need to agree to an extension. It's not surprising not everyone is on board with adding Eichel at the price of promising young talent.

With that said, Vegas adding Eichel at the cost of Tuch seems like a no brainer to me, but I'm not an expert on the surgery he wants.
Laine is a completely one dimensional winger that had nowhere near the established track record Eichel has. It was "buyer beware" long before he was moved, especially factoring in what Laine would want on his next deal.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Got to be Krebs and conditional picks plus cap. Who do the Knights have to dump salary that isn’t an important piece?

Dadanov is the only one that comes to mind and he has a 10 team NTC. The cap is a real challenge for a Vegas deal to work. However, Vegas has gone to great lengths before to make the cap work when they really want a player badly.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Because different doctors can have different opinions on treatments?
I totally agree. Clearly teams interested in trading for Jack have doctors in support of Jack’s choice of surgery. That’s good, because we all want to see Jack back to playing great.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
because THEIR team physicians are ok with it. This isn't hard. The Sabres doctors are experts in ADR are against it.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
because THEIR team physicians are ok with it. This isn't hard. The Sabres doctors are experts in ADR are against it.
Then the return is going to reflect the Sabre doctors’ opinions, right? Lots of conditions to any return, and retention of salary. Plus insurance concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad