Value of: Vancouver Vs Colorado Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Yeah, I remember Avs fans saying that.
They still try and push that BS while claiming we're somehow bitter that Makar is better than Hughes, while acting like Byram is the second coming of Bobby f***ing Orr LOL

Leafs D aren’t great but they’re deep. I’d take Rielly over Towes and Byram in a playoff series
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
If Byram is moving to Vancouver, Pettersson is moving to Colorado.
I really don't think Byram will be traded.
Colorado did a really good job to have a strong def core.
they prepare Byram to have the no 2 spot in def 1st LD. They need to have it ready to take this spot in 2024-25 season. And at this time the def of Colorado will be
Byram Makar
Girard Manson
Behrens ???
Toews will leave after 2023-24 season due to a too high contract. He will deserve a contract around 7M per year and Colorado will not able to afford it.

Reactions: McJedi

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
They still try and push that BS while claiming we're somehow bitter that Makar is better than Hughes, while acting like Byram is the second coming of Bobby f***ing Orr LOL

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here.
Really? I just don’t see how a 21 year old Byram is better then Morgan Rielly. You can definitely make an argument for Towes but I just don’t see how you can take Byram. Imo

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
If I am Vancouver, I am taking a shot at a top player in this draft over Byram. Byram has less control left now, and I do think teams would feel a bit worried about his past concussions.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Really? I just don’t see how a 21 year old Byram is better then Morgan Rielly. You can definitely make an argument for Towes but I just don’t see how you can take Byram. Imo
This season. You don’t. But since GMs like the Avs take a long view, it’s a no brainer to go with Byram over Rielly.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
This season. You don’t. But since GMs like the Avs take a long view, it’s a no brainer to go with Byram over Rielly.
The question was who would you rather have in a playoff series and I said I’d take Rielly over both

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
The question was who would you rather have in a playoff series and I said I’d take Rielly over both
Toews is the one I’d want for a 2023 playoff series.

He’s won many such series playing top pair with the Avs. Rielly has only won the respect via handshake line according to Dubas and the head coach.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Toews is the one I’d want for a 2023 playoff series.

He’s won many such series playing top pair with the Avs. Rielly has only won the respect via handshake line according to Dubas and the head coach.
Avs have a better team then the leafs tho. You put Rielly on the top pair with Makar and I believe you’d change your mind. Rielly also has the pressure of being the undisputed number 1 where as Towes has Byram and Makar to share minutes with.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Hughes with 28/61 points (46% of his production) is quite the power play merchant. From what I’m told, the offence isn’t meaningful unless 100% is at 5v5. :popcorn:

When you consider those differences, Avs fans definitely have a point with their comparisons.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Avs have a better team then the leafs tho. You put Rielly on the top pair with Makar and I believe you’d change your mind. Rielly also has the pressure of being the undisputed number 1 where as Towes has Byram and Makar to share minutes with.

Can't fit that 7 million of Reilly in with Makar, no cap space.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
And Rielly has better forwards to play with. Toronto isn’t some low talent team like Arizona. That’s a strong roster he plays on.

I think Rielly is quite good but I’m taking Toews because he’s got it done before.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
And Rielly has better forwards to play with. Toronto isn’t some low talent team like Arizona. That’s a strong roster he plays on.

I think Rielly is quite good but I’m taking Toews because he’s got it done before.

Avs players gets an unfair condition in these player comparisons. Toews has Makar, so Makar is carrying the load. Makar also has Toews, so he must have it easy. They literally win the cup and cannot accomplish more in a season; but somehow Reilly (or hughes) could improve that pairing lol.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Avs players gets an unfair condition in these player comparisons. Toews has Makar, so Makar is carrying the load. Makar also has Toews, so he must have it easy. They literally win the cup and cannot accomplish more in a season; but somehow Reilly (or hughes) could improve that pairing lol.
As if Hughes doesn’t play with EP, Miller, Kuzmenko, Horvat, Demko and so on.

Rielly plays with Marner, Matthews, Taveres, Nylander and ROR.

Oddly enough, all those forwards are super duper valuable to their fan bases when they come up in OPs. But not worth mentioning when these two defenders are looked at for their value and production. I call BS.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
If the Canucks draft where they are today at roughly 6/7th overall, would Colorado accept the following:

2023 6/7th overall, Hoglander, and perhaps a 2025 2nd for Byram + Newhook?

Canucks would be taking the risk of having Byram with multiple concussions in his career but if he manages to stay healthy it would be worth the while. Avs get a young forward with high potential and another unprotected 1st in 2025.
you have to be kidding me, vancouver saids no

• Haha
Reactions: McJedi

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Can't fit that 7 million of Reilly in with Makar, no cap space.
Assuming both had a equal cap hit I’d prefer Rielly tho that was the original point

That’s fair

Hahahahaha. This does line up with the Canucks though. Zero defensive awareness
Rielly has actually been very good in his own end. He’s definitely not comparable to Hughes.

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
Yea you’d take someone who has never won a playoff series over someone who played the top pairing on a Stanley Cup winning team. Lmao.
Yes along with Rasmus Dahlin, Jack Eichel, Mathews, Marner, Nylander, Jack Hughes, Hischer, Brady Tkachuk, Stutzle, Chabot, Debrincat, Norris, Meier, Quinn Hughes, Elias Petterson,

Taking contracts and age out of discussion all of these players are better.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Byram elevated that second pairing in the playoffs last year to such an extent that it wasn’t some huge drop off from the Makar-Toews pairing. In this scenario, are you certain the second pairing would be just as good if you switched Byram and Toews? I’m not.

Btw, the Reilly in the playoffs flex is weird considering Byram and Toews are already known for having success in the later rounds. And I’m not saying that to wisecrack Toronto. They’re actually one of my secondary teams. I’m saying this because two of those guys are known and one is a guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad